Identified! MA - Provincetown, Race Point, 'Lady in the Dunes' WhtFem 27-49, UP11840, Jul'74 - Ruth Marie Terry

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Caring1 could you post the list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would appreciate :)
8 Missing Person Exclusions:

MP55832
Patricia
Wagner
10/20/1972
Hudson
NJ

MP10038
Karen
O'Donoghue
07/02/1969
Hampden
MA

MP8048
Valarie
Cuccia
05/04/1974
Kings
NY

MP51934
Sandra
Horwath
10/01/1973
Washtenaw
MI

MP50181
Frankie
McGraw
05/28/1974
Washtenaw
MI

MP20525
Sharon
Hensley
02/01/1973
Calcasieu
LA

MP4933
Vicke
Lamberton
02/01/1974
Worcester
MA

MP14923
Frances
Ewalt
08/20/1975
Rosebud
MT

Does anyone have any updates on the genetic genealogy they were planning on doing? I'm really hopeful that they're working with a laboratory behind the scenes and we'll know who this woman was soon.

My observation is that there's been very little in the local media except a few vague statements that they're "looking into it" and equally vague accusations that LE doesn't want the crime solved. I think it's more likely that Cape Cod like so many other areas of the US has so many current issues with crime, drugs etc. that they don't have a lot to spare for a cold case half a century old.

Has anyone seen additional information regarding Patricia Newsome’s sister providing DNA for match to this UID?

Post #520 for reference.

There are no additional rule outs listed in NamUs.

Although the Lady in the Dunes remains unidentified, I have always felt that she was someone murdered by Haden Clark of Montgomery County Maryland. He is a convicted serial killer who murdered little Michele Dorr and Laura Hotelling in Maryland. In both of those cases, he buried the bodies in remote locations, and only led investigators to their graves after he was convicted of the murder of Michelle in a rare case without a body.

Haden Clark had family connections in MA, and even confessed to having murdered a woman up there in the 1974 time frame. Clark gave detailed information concerning having buried her in the dunes and having cut her hands off to use her fingers for fishing bait. He was transported up to MA in an attempt to locate her burial place, but with no luck. As a concession to him, he was allowed to wear a woman's dress during his trip and the search.

The article posted on 16 July by Natasha (upthread) says:

View attachment 367800
Patricia's thread..

The linked story says they’ll be livestreaming from the story itself:

"The Boston Division of the FBI is preparing to announce "a significant development" in a case involving the state's oldest unidentified homicide victim, the agency has announced.

Sources have told the NBC10 Boston Investigators that officials are expected to announce the identity of the "Lady of the Dunes," an unidentified murder victim found in Provincetown in 1974."

Wow! I'm excited!

The linked story says they’ll be livestreaming from the story itself:

Thank you. I have that page open and keep refreshing. I've done that before with other breaking news and nothing ever pops up, even though it says 'stay tuned'. They either end up streaming it on social media or somewhere else buried in the site. I just have terrible luck finding the stream, but thank you, I will keep refreshing and pray something pops up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring
Back