MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am holding out hope that the older children interacted with the 3-year old enough to give her some measure of comfort and a little love. From reports, it sounded like the boy was caring for the baby; her even went to a neighbor when it was crying too much. So maybe they cared a bit for the 3 year old? And she is a little better off than we think?

Initially I thought that the 10 year old went to the neighbor for help. Turns out, the neighbor had agreed to keep an eye on the 10 y/o that day while he played with her 13 y/o son. The 10 y/o did try to soothe the babies and it was the 13 y/o friend who called his own mother (the neighbor) to ask how to get the babies to stop crying. Had it not been for this 13 y/o boy seeking assistance, I don't think the 10 y/o would have ever sought it out on his own - and that is where I think the "witness intimidation" portion plays into this case. I think EM intimidated the 2 older kids to never give up the secrets of what was going on in that house and it took 2 weeks before the older kids would give statements that triggered LEO going back into that home. (MOO)

R. Rivera had friends over in the basement for regular card games. He would come home, kiss the 'wife' and kids, and go to the basement (which did have a separate entrance) where he would sleep on the couch. He claims she fooled him all along and he had no idea. EM was employed. (OMG how many hours were those babies left alone?)

I was just coming here to post the link to this article! I'm not sure what's the most disturbing part of this report...that a) RR appears so oblivious to the entire ordeal, but according to this did have regular interactions with his family or b) they DID have others in the 'squalid house of horrors. The reports have consistently demonstrated that the home conditions didn't present themselves overnight. How in the world were other people going into this home (albeit the "basement") and not taking issue with anything there?!?

On a side note, it's unfathomable as a mother of 2 that this woman managed to have five home births without any prenatal/postpartum medical care or assistance with delivery?!?

R. Rivera had friends over in the basement for regular card games. He would come home, kiss the 'wife' and kids, and go to the basement (which did have a separate entrance) where he would sleep on the couch. He claims she fooled him all along and he had no idea. EM was employed. (OMG how many hours were those babies left alone?)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-children-three-infants-dead-shared-home.html

Bull, bull, bull!!! No WAY he didn't see and smell what that house looked like!

He comes home from work, kisses his wife, asks the kids how their day was at school, and then goes down to the basement. but doesn't notice what a mess the house is?

Bull! I want him charged with something.

Ok, so I just have to ask this question - if there was no toilet or sink in that basement - what did all the card players use? Did they go upstairs and use EM's bathroom or was there a bucket in the basement? Did people just urinate outside?

I can't believe that article, what kind of condition are the houses of his friends if they didn't think RR's house was bad? Dead babies, cats & dogs? Maggots? Feces? Urine? 2 dying babies upstairs? I can't even imagine how foul that house must have smelled. the smell of one dirty diaper in the house is enough to make a person crazy, a house full of them? Beyond disgusting.

I want him in jail, now until forever. I can not believe he hasn't been arrested.

I wish I could believe the 3 already deceased babies died before birth, but I just can't. I think the most likely scenario is she did the same with them as she did the 5 month old and 3 y/o. Just left them laying upstairs until they died. :( I'm honestly surprised she actually bought diapers.

I forgot to mention that one of the few calls that EM made to authorities for help was to report a dead cat on the sidewalk. Seriously??? I am not sure of the timeline of calls, but maybe this was after a couple of complaints by neighbors for trash/debris in the yard and poor animal treatment at their home. She didn't want to get in trouble for having a dead cat on the sidewalk but never mention the numerous dead animal and human carcasses inside the walls of her home.

I'm really hoping the reports are exaggerated.
I've seen that happen.
That's what I'm hoping for, for everyone's sake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This story just haunts me so much...I haven't been able to get it off my mind since it was released to the public last week. Will we ever have answers to our questions? Most likely not all of them. I do know that I've worked in social services for 19 years and this is by far the worst situation I've ever encountered. Again, it's just so unfathomable that she gave birth to 5 babies without any medical care before, during, or after??!?? And as more details unfold/witnesses come forward, there were so MANY opportunities for those children to be saved from this horrendous situation. Heartbreaking. :(

I'm really hoping the reports are exaggerated.
I've seen that happen.
That's what I'm hoping for, for everyone's sake
Even if they are exaggerated, what we do know is that there were three dead babies in the house. That's all I need to know.

Sapofamily, Welcome to Websleuths! So glad you joined us!

Ok, so I just have to ask this question - if there was no toilet or sink in that basement - what did all the card players use? Did they go upstairs and use EM's bathroom or was there a bucket in the basement? Did people just urinate outside?
The Daily Mail is not the most reliable newspaper. The source could be talking about card games from several years ago before the house was in a squalid condition

Even if they are exaggerated, what we do know is that there were three dead babies in the house. That's all I need to know.

I'm just trying hard to delude myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg yes! The hell was she talking about? Fancy? After the state comes & removes your kids?

I think it's from a pop song? I don't know. I don't listen to top 40.

The Daily Mail is not the most reliable newspaper. The source could be talking about card games from several years ago before the house was in a squalid condition

The same thing was reported in the Boston Globe, which is on this case like white on rice. The Daily Mail rewrites articles from real newspapers.

"From early 2011 until last year, the man said, he participated in a regular card game held in the basement of the home that Rivera and Murray shared."

"Rivera, the friend said, often slept on a couch in the basement. The house also has a separate entrance to the basement, which Rivera’s friends used for the card games, the man said."

"Rivera, Wilson said, retreated downstairs when he got home.

“He’d get home, give her a kiss, talk to the kids, see how their day at school was, and go to the basement,” she said."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/09/16/blackstone/PsfNsBhI4Bglst1Jr7OIHJ/story.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-children-three-infants-dead-shared-home.html

And I have a bridge to sell you. There is NO WAY he did not know. I can't believe that. In the best of cases, he just chose to not even get her any medical attention for her evident mental condition. I am outraged he is skating on all this.

Do we have access to any footage/pictures from the inside of the house?

Other than the few pics from Dad's basement - no.

Would the bridge you wanna sell me be the old Tacoma Narrows Bridge that twisted and turned and fell? Seattle - wasn't it s a Washington bridge?

For anyone wondering what "I'm so fancy" is all about here is a link to the (rap) song but it comes with a warning for explicit language.

http://www.ask.com/youtube?q=im+so+fancy&v=bHr7itwVsMc&qsrc=472

"So get my money on time, if they not money, decline
I just can't worry 'bout no haters, gotta stay on my grind
Now tell me, who dat, who dat? That do that, do that
Put that paper over all, I thought you knew that, knew that"
Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/iggy-azalea/fancy-lyrics/#3XkELpOcVzx9myUf.99

eta: lyrics

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61
Back