MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a shocking case, I am appalled at the way these young children were living.
There's so many questions with this one, how on earth did it go unnoticed for so long?
I feel for the older children and pray they are somewhere where they can just be children. I can not imagine what they have seen.
The younger two, I pray for. How can mum say he was attached to these babies and leave them in such a place. The three yr old will need so much therapy.
A huge Thankyou to the neighbour for calling 911. A true hero

(snip)
Since she killed her other babies, why did she keep the 3 yr. old and 5 mo. old? and then neglect them? (snip)

Did I miss something? I don't think anyone has accused her of killing anyone.

some women who are heavier set (not necessarily morbidly obese you understand, just heavier) do not gain weight during pregnancy but actually lose it. I know several women who experienced that with each of their pregnancies. I am less surprised she was able to hide pregnancies and more shocked that RR who apparently lived there the whole time somehow missed 5 at home births, three dead infants and two live ones who came to be babysat but never left?? Very weird dynamic in that household.

I am big, my last pregnancy started out in the upper 270's. I gained 13lbs. That means I gained less than 5% of my body weight. I have a photo of me from a month to the day before my child's birth. I was absolutely, undeniably, pregnant. There was no missing it.

Unless she had a habit of birthing at 35 weeks, I have a hard time believing she didn't show. She's not very big at all.

I however can see how he missed the babies. I'm imagining that the house has a door that leads to the stairs going up. That was her world up there, she shut the door and pretended it didn't exist. He never saw it. He only ever saw the kids if they were down stairs. I'm guessing she only ever had them down as infants. He only saw them sometimes. Most of the time, they were shut away, as if they didn't exist.

I am big, my last pregnancy started out in the upper 270's. I gained 13lbs. That means I gained less than 5% of my body weight. I have a photo of me from a month to the day before my child's birth. I was absolutely, undeniably, pregnant. There was no missing it.

Unless she had a habit of birthing at 35 weeks, I have a hard time believing she didn't show. She's not very big at all.

I however can see how he missed the babies. I'm imagining that the house has a door that leads to the stairs going up. That was her world up there, she shut the door and pretended it didn't exist. He never saw it. He only ever saw the kids if they were down stairs. I'm guessing she only ever had them down as infants. He only saw them sometimes. Most of the time, they were shut away, as if they didn't exist.

Women carry differently. I had a friend in high school that hid her pregnancy, she wasn't a big girl, she did wear loose clothes...the week before she have birth, at home, alone...we were rough housing with our boyfriends...they were picking us up, and tossing us into huge piles of leaves....

Took me laying eyes on her baby and assurances from her parent...that it was indeed her baby!

I have a super skinny friend that all 5...it looked like she had half a soccer ball ...wore her size 5 jeans home from the hospital..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If those babies died from starvation won't their bones show evidence of that?

Women carry differently. I had a friend in high school that hid her pregnancy, she wasn't a big girl, she did wear loose clothes...the week before she have birth, at home, alone...we were rough housing with our boyfriends...they were picking us up, and tossing us into huge piles of leaves....

Took me laying eyes on her baby and assurances from her parent...that it was indeed her baby!

I have a super skinny friend that all 5...it looked like she had half a soccer ball ...wore her size 5 jeans home from the hospital..

Yes, and I know this, but the thing is that subsequent pregnancies have a way of showing more and more. By the time she had this last baby, she had most likely been pregnant seven times.

I'm wondering if she delivered early with the hidden pregnancies, that may be why there are three that didn't survive.

These hidden pregnancies I read about never cease to amaze me. I am tall and relatively slim, I have 3 grown children, I didn't show until 6 mths and after that, whoosh, till the 9th month I was pretty big, all out front. No way I could hide even if I wanted too. I had to wear elasticized pants and skirts, maternity dresses, bras and underpants etc. like most women.

There was the case of the girl who went to the prom, she was full term, delivered baby herself in the venue bathroom and dumped the poor baby in the bin, then went straight back out to the party??!! No one knew she was pregnant??!

Another here in Australia, Keli Lane, an Olympic swimmer, went through several pregnancies without her husband knowing, she adopted 2 out and another she dumped somewhere in a park after discharging herself from the hospital. No one knew of the 3 pregnancies. She is presently serving time in jail, the baby's remains have never been found.

Why do these ladies think they have to do any of this? S Mental issues or not. Adopt them out. Give them a chance to live.
Over The years there have been babies found in the wall, in suitcases. Anywhere and everywhere. Some die natural. Some just didn't want the shame.
How can get man be so blind to this. How can you not know the smell of death?
Did the school not wonder about the kids hygiene?

Spoken like a true defense attorney. I'd expect him to say that.

This. Her odds of having three stillborn babies is slim, even without medical care. I'm thinking it's more likely she smothered them, or they were born premature and just weren't strong enough.

Yes, and I know this, but the thing is that subsequent pregnancies have a way of showing more and more. By the time she had this last baby, she had most likely been pregnant seven times.

I'm wondering if she delivered early with the hidden pregnancies, that may be why there are three that didn't survive.

This.

I'm not obese, but I'm thick (5' 7", size 14). I lose weight when I'm pregnant. I've walked out of the hospital after each birth 30 lbs lighter than I was when I became pregnant. I was a swimmer in high school. I had really tight abs before children. My first baby was 8lbs 8oz and I could have easily hid him up until the day he was born. We went shopping for nursery furniture when I was 38 weeks pregnant with him. The sales lady was shocked to hear that I was pregnant. Strangers never made comments about my belly. It was disappointing, as I was very eager to talk about my baby!

I didn't get big with my second until the very end. I probably could have hid her up until 36 weeks, had I wanted to. She was 8lbs 14oz.

My third came almost exactly a year after my second. (They're Irish twins, turning 1 & 2 next weekend. :loveyou:) Holy cow, my pregnancy was harder with him! He came out at 9lbs 6oz, and I was ENORMOUS. That's not even a full pound heavier than my first. There was NO WAY I could have hid him from 4 months on. It's really hard to hide subsequent pregnancies - especially if you're popping babies out one after another. Your body doesn't get a chance to tighten back up.

I'm wondering if all the babies were singletons. It's possible that the two that were found together were preemie twins. Anything is possible, really...

"It is a mystery to me how Mr. Rivera could have failed to notice (the) numerous pregnancies (of) the woman with whom he shared a bed," said Halpern. "It's a mystery to me how he could have failed to realize that there were two children living under the same roof as him, and he didn't know about it."

http://www.kxly.com/news/town-jarred-by-death-of-3-infants/28044880
Article says one of her charges was violating an abuse protection order, but further on says the CPS from 2007 was unfounded. So where did that order come from??

This.

I'm not obese, but I'm thick (5' 7", size 14).

Off topic - I have the same height and clothes size and I am obese. If your BMI is over 30 (so weight over 190 pounds), you are medically obese.

More news this morning since last night's vigil:

One of Rivera’s former co-workers told the Globe that the couple was at odds over hygiene and finances and overwhelmed by parenthood.

“He just couldn’t stand that she didn’t do anything around the house, but he never did anything to help,” said the former co-worker, who spoke on the condition she not be identified. “He basically stated why should he work 40 hours a week to pay for the house and everything that they need while she’s home all week and does nothing.”

"The cleanup crew also ripped up carpeting on the second floor and tore down walls and the ceiling of one upstairs bedroom “due to the feces contamination,” Keyes said. Half the drywall in a second bedroom needed to be removed for the same reason."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ead-animals/Rlti2fApL84Q65q8FDLNvO/story.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitty Marie
Back