MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
saved each image on my hard drive. Will play with google drive to try to figure out the way to upload them to a sharing area in case they disappear from the site.
Pics 24 and 25 are the worrisome ones as far as possible decomp staining (human or animal) KWIM

BBM - Bless You!

I do not wish to upset anyone, please forgive me.

here is a really rough outline of what I am seeing in this stain (the legs aren't quite right).

Attachments

• EM outlined decomp stain.jpg
    EM outlined decomp stain.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 137
Wow! You guys amaze me with the thoughts and info you provide. I would've never have considered saving the MSM pics. Although I did grab some screenshots from EM's FB page before it was taken down. There is one shot after new carpet was installed in March 2010 that looks almost identical to a shot in one of the above sets of pics (#16/27). The screen cap I have may have been another angle of the same room. As the baseboard area is the same.

http://interactives.wpri.com/photom...s-/squalid-conditions-inside-blackstone-home/

In the pics I saved, there was a tan/beige color leather looking sofa against one wall (maybe the blurry #17 pic pulled out from the wall). I'm almost certain the perspective is looking at the back of the couch and the item in the area where the is is a flat screen TV on a stand. The papers and such look superimposed which gives it the appearance of a bar/table like area. I don't know if these pics were taken with a film or digital camera but I know it can happen easily with film. The baby formula mentioned up thread and how EM was able to pay for it make me wonder if there was some type of food bank or pantry in the area. In the small town I used to live in the local WIC office would take donations of unopened, non-expired formula. My ex in-laws were clergy and worked in conjunction with a local food pantry. You didn't need any kind of ID or income verification to visit. It may also explain the different color lids on the formula cans. Different types/brands have different lids. You could also get hygiene supplies, diapers, wipes, and just random things from our food bank.

I would just like to say that the photos themselves are disturbing, especially knowing the circumstances but I can't get over the randomness of it all. The filth is one thing but it's almost like there was no delineation between rooms or areas of the house where things typically go (e.g., Nutty Bar box in the bathroom, what looks like an oil pan & air filter in the living room, pool sticks in the living room, broken dining chairs scattered hither and yon, etc.). There are just so many oddities like the safety latches and plugs. That makes me wonder if EM actually did babysit at some point?? We know they weren't there for her children. So why have them? And what the heck is the deal with all the TV's in the house?!!

The police will basically ransack a residence when searching for things. If I read things correctly these photos were taken between the time the house was condemned and the clean up/hazmat crews came in. The fridge, furniture, and dressers being out from the wall, cabinets with the contents spilling out, dresser drawers removed...are most likely from the police. I wonder about the clothes in the tub and the laundry detergent (again seemingly odd placement) in the bathroom...Were they washing clothing in the tub? Also, did anyone notice the fly strips having in one of the basement photos? Sorry for the long post. I have short term memory loss due to a medication I take and so if I don't "get it out there" the thoughts are gone. "Use it or lose it" ya know? lol

I would just like to say that the photos themselves are disturbing, especially knowing the circumstances but I can't get over the randomness of it all. The filth is one thing but it's almost like there was no delineation between rooms or areas of the house where things typically go (e.g., Nutty Bar box in the bathroom, what looks like an oil pan & air filter in the living room, pool sticks in the living room, broken dining chairs scattered hither and yon, etc.). There are just so many oddities like the safety latches and plugs. That makes me wonder if EM actually did babysit at some point?? We know they weren't there for her children. So why have them? And what the heck is the deal with all the TV's in the house?!!

Respectfully snipped, SaucyGal

The sheer, as you say, randomness of it is indeed disturbing. Very disordered thought process involved in something like this I would think. In addition to the randomness of where the items were located the mixture of items in use in with sheer useless piles of garbage. Like there was no distinction of value among them.

Respectfully snipped, SaucyGal
[/COLOR]
The sheer, as you say, randomness of it is indeed disturbing. Very disordered thought process involved in something like this I would think. In addition to the randomness of where the items were located the mixture of items in use in with sheer useless piles of garbage. Like there was no distinction of value among them.[/QUOTE]

bbm . . . including small children

One more observation I made..The room (was there just one?) where the feces was smeared on the ceiling, there appears to be green crayon scribbles amongst the smears. IMO if the 3 yr old had poor muscle development/couldn't use her arms, there is no way she A) could've had the dexterity to hold a crayon B) been able to reach that area..So, I absolutely believe the older children were in that room unless EM did that herself for some bizarre reason.

EM posted on FB (fwiw) that the older kids were getting good grades in school...I really want to believe that's true. I really want to believe they will persevere over the dysfunction and be successful. So many times when you live survival/crisis situation, you automatically adapt and do what is needed to survive. It's in the absence of such a need that the mind/body are forced to deal with the trauma. These children are amazingly strong and because they are children, I pray they have the resilience typically seen in children. I hope they get the simplest of things now like a warm bath, fresh from the dryer pajamas, laughing until their sides ache, waking up in a bed with clean sheets, a good nutritious meal, and hugs...lots of hugs. I also hope that one day know and learn how much strangers, like us, care.

I did a search on google for that image (one attached to the kadn piece which sources the cnn piece) and found this story out of AZ about an animal hoarder. It is one of many disgusting images from the cat hoarder's home. That story is linked below. So I suspect that lacking photos of interior of the Blackstone home pre-cleanout, the news site pulled an image from another hoarder type home.

http://www.kpho.com/story/26216959/az-cat-rescue-volunteer-jailed-on-animal-abuse-charges

O/T But how do you search an image that way?

EM posted on FB (fwiw) that the older kids were getting good grades in school...I really want to believe that's true. I really want to believe they will persevere over the dysfunction and be successful. So many times when you live survival/crisis situation, you automatically adapt and do what is needed to survive. It's in the absence of such a need that the mind/body are forced to deal with the trauma. These children are amazingly strong and because they are children, I pray they have the resilience typically seen in children. I hope they get the simplest of things now like a warm bath, fresh from the dryer pajamas, laughing until their sides ache, waking up in a bed with clean sheets, a good nutritious meal, and hugs...lots of hugs. I also hope that one day know and learn how much strangers, like us, care.

So many times, I have seen children who seemed to love school because it was a break from their home life. As sad as that is, it can set them up for academic success and in situations like that, every little bit helps.

So many times, I have seen children who seemed to love school because it was a break from their home life. As sad as that is, it can set them up for academic success and in situations like that, every little bit helps.

Resilience is such an amazing thing and at least the 13 yo seems to have been doing well academically despite her situation. Out of desperation for more information, a google search of her name demonstrates she was on the honor roll last year.

SaucyGal you are good! Looking at image 17/27 again, although blurry it does seem to be a couch flipped over. In a video with the town manager speaking, I remember seeing what seemed to be unassembled black furniture -- possibly legs of a tv stand.

O/T But how do you search an image that way?

In the same way that you can highlight a word or phrase and then right click and an option will be search google for . . . If you do that with images your option is to search google for the same or similar images. It pulls up instances where that same image or similar ones have been used on the web. Try right clicking while you are moused over the image in post number 743 by wenwe above. choose search google for this image. A new tab opens with results.

Thanks sapo. However if it weren't for wenwe mentioning it may be the living room and having something to compare, it wouldn't have clicked for me. I don't believe it is flipped over but just the back view of the couch as if it were moved out from the wall. That would be consistent with the way everything else was moved away from walls in the house. The sofa was very similar to this one I found on the net:

http://www.furnituredepot.com/cachedimages/a/a99a88ea6420b1ea6302d5bf7d93456a.image.750x517.jpg

In the blurry pic, I see the barest hint of the attached cushion outlined at what would be the top of the sofa from the back view. In the photo I have, there were cute decorative throw pillows on the sofa. In the comments under the photo on EM's FB, she mentioned not allowing anyone to wear shoes on the new carpet. :facepalm: Another FWIW, the color of the carpet that was installed in 2010 was similar to this, it resembled indoor/outdoor carpet:

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/636738/636738512869.jpg

In the pics from the same area (#16) I can't even tell if there is carpet. I'm not sure if it is just stained beyond recognition or if it's been removed.

Did anyone happen to screenshot the picture of the Christmas tree from EM's FB? I'm thinking it was in one of the corners of this room we believe to be the LR? It might've shown off the new carpet as well:

In 2011, on her Facebook page, Murray posted about getting new carpet and appliances in the home. Pictures of the family Christmas tree and references to her two older children leave no indication that there was anything unusual about the home.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2014/09/erika_murrays_blackstone_home.html

Someone upthread asked about the picture with a diaper box sitting on a table being in the dining room. I replied I thought the brick indicated it was in the basement. looking @ pics of the demolition (see my post #742) - it appears the brick was only in the basement and extended about 2' up from the ground for the foundation.

Those diapers were in the basement, where RR allegedly lived - not to say that he had knowledge those babies were his, but certainly this proves those babies were at their home frequently. Here is another question . . . EM told RR she was "babysitting" and had to purchase diapers & formula. But wouldn't there be some question about where is the $ she received for her services? Why wouldn't the mother of the babies provide all the formula and diapers for her own children if that were the case.

Looking in that trash can, it appears there are very tightly wrapped soiled diapers piled up with some of the water bottles. I wonder if EM didn't change those babies once a day or less to save on diaper costs.

Someone upthread asked about the picture with a diaper box sitting on a table being in the dining room. I replied I thought the brick indicated it was in the basement. looking @ pics of the demolition (see my post #742) - it appears the brick was only in the basement and extended about 2' up from the ground for the foundation.

Those diapers were in the basement, where RR allegedly lived - not to say that he had knowledge those babies were his, but certainly this proves those babies were at their home frequently. Here is another question . . . EM told RR she was "babysitting" and had to purchase diapers & formula. But wouldn't there be some question about where is the $ she received for her services? Why wouldn't the mother of the babies provide all the formula and diapers for her own children if that were the case.

Looking in that trash can, it appears there are very tightly wrapped soiled diapers piled up with some of the water bottles. I wonder if EM didn't change those babies once a day or less to save on diaper costs.

Now that we've seen the additional basement photos, the table photo you reference (diapers on table) IS the back right corner of the basement (under the LR side of the house) and the wall we see adjacent to the crumbling section is just to the right of the exterior door into the basement seen in this set of photos. You can see a blue object in both images and the CRAFTSMAN box stacked on top of the table in both images if you look closely:

IMAGE 24/27: http://linapps.s3.amazonaws.com/linapps/photomojo/wpri.com/photos/2014/11/g15113/280678-da439.jpg

The walls in the basement all seem to have the same greenish hue to them. IMAGE 13/14 has photo of the table with diaper photo for comparison:

http://www.milforddailynews.com/article/20141107/NEWS/141107012

Just disgusting, how would a human even live in there, and this boyfriend should have been charged also, how would he even condone living in such filth.

I didnt expect the conditions to be so bad. unbelievable, those poor kids. I cant imagine being able to live in there either, as I feel bad when I forget to clear the breadcrumbs off the table after meals.. this erika person is truly despicable. she obviously realised something is wrong with her living conditions, and still she let her kids live in this filth instead of asking for help! this case is beyond tragic.

Has anyone seen photos of the dark blue space seen briefly in this video released on 11-7-14 (@1:00)?:

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...Massachusetts-House-of-Squalor-281840111.html

Any guesses as to what this is? A closet possibly?

I wondered about that space as well - we have not seen any other dark blue walls in any other photos IIRC.

So we have established there were 3 bedrooms upstairs, but I am not sure if there was another room on the main floor - back right corner as you face the house. Unless the blue room was a closet - hard to tell since it is only illuminated with a flashlight.

The closet in the pink room looks inaccessible with what appears to be a twin bed blocking the way. That same picture you posted of the dresses in the closet also shows what appears to be a sofa or possibly an arm chair with a pillow in the armrest - far right of the pic. Could this be where one of the older children slept?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back