MA - Sandra Birchmore, Stoughton, 4 Feb 2021 *former police officer arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just saw your "Registered Nurse" and thought of the nurses who attended MF's wife in maternity and crossed paths with MF.
Assuming she didn't have a home birth.
No home birth. I recall reading she had a C-Section scheduled for the day following SB's death -- gave birth to a son in Newton. Also, I just saw a photo tweeted this week of MF dressed in scrubs/protective clothing holding the newborn. I think the photo might be linked on "the case" podcast.

Newton birth

No home birth. I recall reading she had a C-Section scheduled for the day following SB's death -- gave birth to a son in Newton. Also, I just saw a photo tweeted this week of MF dressed in scrubs/protective clothing holding the newborn. I think the photo might be linked on "the case" podcast.

Newton birth

So she gave birth, most likely, in Newton-Wellesley hospital. It is the larger on that has Labor and Delivery services. And I remember that MF used to be the policeman in Wellesley. I wonder if he and wife lived in Newton/Wellesley area and what made him transfer to Stoughton? Nothing is horribly far in MA, but it is still a drive South. The first time I read about MF, I wondered what would make one transfer from Wellesley, a well-off neighborhood, to Stoughton.

So she gave birth, most likely, in Newton-Wellesley hospital. It is the larger on that has Labor and Delivery services. And I remember that MF used to be the policeman in Wellesley. I wonder if he and wife lived in Newton/Wellesley area and what made him transfer to Stoughton? Nothing is horribly far in MA, but it is still a drive South. The first time I read about MF, I wondered what would make one transfer from Wellesley, a well-off neighborhood, to Stoughton.
That sounds right to me -- Wellesley hospital. From the USDOT link posted upthread, WF was living in North Easton on the date of his arrest. Same address appears on his AW.

187 CHESTNUT ST
NORTH EASTON, MA 02356

That sounds right to me -- Wellesley hospital. From the USDOT link posted upthread, WF was living in North Easton on the date of his arrest. Same address appears on his AW.

187 CHESTNUT ST
NORTH EASTON, MA 02356
Thank you. That’s south of Stoughton. Well, maybe wife grew up in Newton/Wellesley area. Newton-Wellesley hospital is a smaller private hospital.

Plenty of babies round these parts are birthed at Newton-Wellesley. Especially since Norwood Hospital closed after flooding in 2020. They lived in North Easton, so Brockton would have been closest but some prefer the facilities at Newton-Wellesley. And the more upscale sounding name.

Is it just me, but for some reason those eyes don’t seem to IMO convey the joy of a new father? Holding a newly born infant?

With what is now known about this individual, perhaps there is a reason for that? MOO
Nope, not just you! Those eyes and brows are menacing!

jmo

Has this affidavit been posted yet? Thx.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/media/1365636/dl

Yes, on page 12, and also the MEDIA ONLY, NO DISCUSSION THREAD for SB. :)

New MEDIA ONLY THREAD for Sandra Birchmore case:

United States District Court
District of Massachusetts (Boston)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:24-cr-10259-DJC-1​

Case title: USA v. Farwell

Date Filed: 08/27/2024

Assigned to: Judge Denise J. Casper
Referred to: Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley

Defendant (1)
Matthew Farwell

Pending Counts
Disposition
18:1512(a)(1)(C) - KILLING A WITNESS OR VICTIM
(1)

Date Filed#Docket Text
08/27/2024
SEALED INDICTMENT as to Matthew Farwell (1) count(s) 1. (Attachments: # 1 JS45)(Alves-Baptista, Antonia) (Entered: 08/27/2024)
08/27/2024
MOTION to Seal Case as to Matthew Farwell by USA. (Alves-Baptista, Antonia) (Entered: 08/27/2024)
08/27/2024
3​
Magistrate Judge Donald L. Cabell: ELECTRONIC ORDER entered granting 2 Motion to Seal Case as to Matthew Farwell (1) (Alves-Baptista, Antonia) (Entered: 08/27/2024)
08/27/2024
Arrest Warrant Issued by Magistrate Judge Donald L. Cabell as to Matthew Farwell. (Alves-Baptista, Antonia) (Entered: 08/27/2024)
08/27/2024
5​
ELECTRONIC NOTICE of Case Assignment as to Matthew Farwell; Judge Denise J. Casper assigned to case. If the trial Judge issues an Order of Reference of any matter in this case to a Magistrate Judge, the matter will be transmitted to Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley. (Alves-Baptista, Antonia) (Entered: 08/27/2024)
08/27/2024
6​
Judge Denise J. Casper: ELECTRONIC ORDER entered. Order Referring Case to Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley Reason for referral: Full Pretrial Proceedings as to Matthew Farwell (Alves-Baptista, Antonia) (Entered: 08/27/2024)
08/28/2024
MOTION to Unseal Case as to Matthew Farwell by USA. (Vieira, Leonardo) (Entered: 08/28/2024)
08/28/2024
8​
Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley: ELECTRONIC ORDER entered granting 7 Motion to Unseal Case as to Matthew Farwell (1) (Vieira, Leonardo) (Entered: 08/28/2024)
08/28/2024
Arrest of Matthew Farwell (Vieira, Leonardo) (Entered: 08/28/2024)
08/28/2024
MOTION for Detention as to Matthew Farwell by USA. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit A: Affidavit)(Cummings, Torey) (Attachment 1 replaced on 8/28/2024) (Vieira, Leonardo). Modified on 8/28/2024 to fix blank space(Vieira, Leonardo). (Entered: 08/28/2024)
08/28/2024
10​
Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley: ORDER entered. ORDER APPOINTING FEDERAL DEFENDER PROGRAM as to Matthew Farwell, Added attorney Sandra Gant. (Vieira, Leonardo) (Entered: 08/28/2024)
08/28/2024
11​
ELECTRONIC NOTICE OF HEARING as to Matthew Farwell Initial Appearance and Arraignment set for 8/28/2024 02:30 PM in Courtroom 22 (In person only) before Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley.
Please find the Waiver of Appearance here.(Vieira, Leonardo) (Entered: 08/28/2024)
08/28/2024
13​
Electronic Clerk's Notes for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley: Initial Appearance and Arraignment as to Matthew Farwell (1) Count 1 held on 8/28/2024. The Court advised the defendant of his rights and the charges against him. The court appointed Attorney Gant to represent the defendant subject to review of financial affidavit. The government stated the maximum penalties and moved for detention. The defendant waived the reading of the indictment and entered a plea of not guilty as to count 1 of the indictment. The Court reminded the government of its obligations under Rule 5 (f). Orders on time excluded under the Speedy Trial Act and Rule 5(f) to issue. The defendant was remanded to the custody of the USMS.
Detention Hearing set for 9/10/2024 11:15 AM in Courtroom 24 (In person only) before Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley.
(Attorneys present: Gant, Fogerty, Riley, Cummings, Paiva PO. )Court Reporter Name and Contact or digital recording information: Lee Marzilli at leemarz@aol.com. For a transcript of this proceeding, contact the Court by email at mad_transcripts@mad.uscourts.gov. (Vieira, Leonardo) Modified on 9/3/2024 to enter court reporter information (Vieira, Leonardo). (Entered: 08/29/2024)
08/28/2024
Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley: ORDER entered. ORDER PURSUANT TO FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 5(f) entered as to Matthew Farwell. (Vieira, Leonardo) (Entered: 08/29/2024)
08/28/2024
Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley: ORDER entered. ORDER ON EXCLUDABLE DELAY as to Matthew Farwell. Time excluded from August 30, 2024 until October 17, 2024. Reason for entry of order on excludable delay: 18 USC 3161(h)(7)(A) Interests of justice.
This hearing will be conducted by video conference. Counsel of record will receive a video conference invite at the email registered in CM/ECF. If you have technical or compatibility issues with the technology, please notify the sessions courtroom deputy as soon as possible.
For questions regarding access to hearings, you may refer to the Courts general orders and public notices available on www.mad.uscourts.gov or contact media@mad.uscourts.gov.
Initial Status Conference set for 10/17/2024 11:30 AM in Courtroom 24 (Remote only) before Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley. (Vieira, Leonardo) (Entered: 08/29/2024)
08/29/2024
NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Jane F. Peachy appearing for Matthew Farwell. Type of Appearance: Federal Defender Office. (Peachy, Jane) (Entered: 08/29/2024)
08/30/2024
16​
ELECTRONIC NOTICE OF RESCHEDULING as to Matthew Farwell. At the request of the parties, Detention Hearing set for 9/12/2024 02:00 PM in Courtroom 24 (In person only) before Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley. (Vieira, Leonardo) (Entered: 08/30/2024)
09/03/2024
Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 8/28/2024 as to Matthew Farwell. (Vieira, Leonardo) (Entered: 09/04/2024)
09/07/2024
MOTION for Order of Voluntary Detention Without Prejudice as to Matthew Farwell. (Peachy, Jane) (Entered: 09/07/2024)

Justice is Coming

On Wednesday, August 28, 2024, federal authorities indicted former Stoughton police detective Matthew Farwell on charges that he murdered Sandra Birchmore when she was just 23 in her Canton, Massachusetts apartment in February 2021. Sandra claimed that Matthew was the father of her unborn baby up to her death. Later, her phone texts proved Matthew initiated sexual relations with her when she was a member of the Stoughton police explorers program.

Our Mission​

Our mission is to raise public awareness surrounding Sandra's tragic story in order to prevent this horrific situation from happening to another young person. Sandra was not alone. Her shocking case is just the tip of the iceberg. Sandra's life, and the life of her unborn child, were ended way too soon. Through our efforts, we hope to do the following:

At link...

What consequences do we know of so far for these officers?

Matthew and William Farwell, and Robert Devine resigned from the SPD and are decertified as police. The terms of Matthew’s voluntary agreement to avoid further action can be viewed via mass.gov under the POST commission’s database. William Farwell and Robert Devine’s cases are still in the POST process of adjudication.

All three SPD officers are named in a pending civil lawsuit brought by Birchmore's estate, which also names the town of Stoughton and the Stoughton police, alleging "wrongful death, negligence, negligent supervision, negligent retention, pain and suffering, and emotional distress" over what it described as a years-long grooming scheme.

Was the medical examiner in Sandra’s case the same as Officer John O’Keefe?

No, it was a different medical examiner - her name is Maria Del Mar Capo Martinez, M.D.

Which law enforcement agencies are involved in this case?

The law enforcement agencies involved include the Stoughton Police Department, Canton Police Department, Massachusetts State Police, Norfolk County District Attorney, Massachusetts District Attorney, FBI, and U.S. Military Criminal Investigation Division (CID).

From the Justice for Sandra Birchmore website

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo
Back