MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 Aug 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cuz it is sooo congested I believe if anything happened in that house or area someone would have noticed something or heard something. Even if the perpetrator came from the back or side of the dead end area I would think they needed a vehicle. Did they drug her then come back? With cell phones LE can track the footsteps of who last was known to drop her off unless they shut their phone off. That would make them suspect. But we don't know any of this. In the vanished podcast the moderator said Sandra called her cousin at 5:30 pm. The moderator said this twice (go back and listen). Sanders cousin skipped over that part but she heard it. Was it not suppose to be said due to LE request or what? Either way if Sandra did call her cousin either the cousin did not answer or they talked and Sandra said she rather stay home. We don't know but the moderator said that Sandra called the cousin at 5:30 pm two different times. If LE requested that not be said then why? Any ideas?
The phone call event has always seemed 'vague', no definite answer, if I remember, from Sandra's cousin or what the police statements through the podcasts have said as well. I don't remember if the cousin actually said what was the result of the phone calls, if she received them or talked to Sandra or what!

I re-listened to The Vanished podcast recently, and I'll add that there are a few things said about Sandra and her habits that, when taking into account other info about family relationships and dynamics that has been circulated, could suggest (IMO) that there is more to who Sandra was and the lifestyle she led.

A prominent example is when her SIL says Sandra was always in "tip-top shape" when getting ready to babysit her grandkids. I won't speculate on exactly what this could mean, but I do know that if I were talking about my MIL or aunt babysitting my kids, saying she was in "tip-top shape" would not be the first thing that comes to mind. I don't know, the choice of language is just interesting and a bit odd to me. If she was in "tip-top shape" when around her grandkids, I can't help but wonder what she was like and what "shape" she was in when the grandkids were not there, and what she did, and whether this could feed into the lack of concern on her neighbors' part.

Another example is when her cousin says she was "very sweet, not to make her sound like a saint..." I don't know why the last part was necessary there; saying someone was sweet doesn't canonize them, and it just feels like there's concern about painting a specific, almost rigid picture there, for better or for worse.

I've listened to other episodes of The Vanished, and they usually spend LOTS of time fleshing out who the missing person is as a person. I can't help but feel like Sandra's episode didn't go nearly as in-depth, and I couldn't help but notice that the same things were said about her every time as if for whatever reason it was important to the people involved to portray a very specific narrative... "Simple, private, homebody, kept to herself". This is used to describe her every single time. No quirks, no deviation beyond this description, which paints a picture of a woman who lived, by 21st century standards, a very reclusive life. Did she live like this 100% by choice?

There are other things about the podcast and what's said in it that just get to me, especially the parts where her "depression" is touched on, but I won't get into them here.

I just think there is far more to Sandra and her history than the public has been led to believe and that this could easily have a hand in why neighbors just aren't worried.

My opinion.

Agree 100% and I have said so from the early days of these threads. And nothing has so far left me away from the same conclusions drawn here.

I just think there is far more to Sandra and her history than the public has been led to believe and that this could easily have a hand in why neighbors just aren't worried.

Although I'm not positive this is why the neighbors didn't seem worried, I totally agree that the "real" Sandra hasn't surfaced. I'm almost as curious about why this is as I am about what happened to her.

Regarding the most recent podcast, I'm curious as to why we now hear that Sandra also gave her house keys to the mechanic. I suppose it didn't matter if she hadn't locked the door when she left and planned on being home alone until the car could be picked up. But if she was still considering a visit with her cousin, why leave her house keys? I need to think this detail through a bit...

Cuz it is sooo congested I believe if anything happened in that house or area someone would have noticed something or heard something. Even if the perpetrator came from the back or side of the dead end area I would think they needed a vehicle. Did they drug her then come back? With cell phones LE can track the footsteps of who last was known to drop her off unless they shut their phone off. That would make them suspect. But we don't know any of this. In the vanished podcast the moderator said Sandra called her cousin at 5:30 pm. The moderator said this twice (go back and listen). Sanders cousin skipped over that part but she heard it. Was it not suppose to be said due to LE request or what? Either way if Sandra did call her cousin either the cousin did not answer or they talked and Sandra said she rather stay home. We don't know but the moderator said that Sandra called the cousin at 5:30 pm two different times. If LE requested that not be said then why? Any ideas?
The phone call event has always seemed 'vague', no definite answer, if I remember, from Sandra's cousin or what the police statements through the podcasts have said as well. I don't remember if the cousin actually said what was the result of the phone calls, if she received them or talked to Sandra or what!
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Less vague than confused by one of the podcasts which relayed a different story.

The cousin was pretty clear. She called Sandra when the boys were still there. They made tentative plans for Sandra to be picked up once she knew what SIL's schedule was with regard to dropping off her car and taking the boys home. The boys were still there; she heard them in the background. Sandra never called her cousin back, and according to the cousin LE confirmed this. I believe Sandra's daughter also confirmed that the last outgoing call on Sandra's landline was the previous day - it would have been Tuesday - and it was a call to LM.

One of the podcasters said Sandra called her cousin back around 5:30, but this appears to be a mistake. It seems much more likely that Sandra didn't call anyone on the day or night of her disappearance.

I’ve been following this case on and off over the two plus years Sandra’s been missing. It’s just heartbreaking yeti me that there is no trace of this beautiful woman! I’m close in age which makes it somewhat personal to me. So perplexing how one can be so unplugged these days. My 80 yo mother even has a cell phone. I wonder if that was by choice, sorry if it’s been discussed, can’t recall all details.
I don’t have a real working theory other than I don’t believe she just walked away from her life. I would love to have answers!!

Less vague than confused by one of the podcasts which relayed a different story.

The cousin was pretty clear. She called Sandra when the boys were still there. They made tentative plans for Sandra to be picked up once she knew what SIL's schedule was with regard to dropping off her car and taking the boys home. The boys were still there; she heard them in the background. Sandra never called her cousin back, and according to the cousin LE confirmed this. I believe Sandra's daughter also confirmed that the last outgoing call on Sandra's landline was the previous day - it would have been Tuesday - and it was a call to LM.

One of the podcasters said Sandra called her cousin back around 5:30, but this appears to be a mistake. It seems much more likely that Sandra didn't call anyone on the day or night of her disappearance.
We don't know if it was a mistake by the moderator. The cousin didn't correct the moderator and neither has Laina and Laina would correct her in the search for Sandra blog or on the vanished podcast page as Laina is very proactive in information given

We don't know if it was a mistake by the moderator. The cousin didn't correct the moderator and neither has Laina and Laina would correct her in the search for Sandra blog or on the vanished podcast page as Laina is very proactive in information given

Here is an interview from early on at about the 1:17 mark reporter states that the last outgoing call was to Laina. This call was not the day Sandra spoke with her cousin T.

Although I'm not positive this is why the neighbors didn't seem worried, I totally agree that the "real" Sandra hasn't surfaced. I'm almost as curious about why this is as I am about what happened to her.

Regarding the most recent podcast, I'm curious as to why we now hear that Sandra also gave her house keys to the mechanic. I suppose it didn't matter if she hadn't locked the door when she left and planned on being home alone until the car could be picked up. But if she was still considering a visit with her cousin, why leave her house keys? I need to think this detail through a bit...

MOO
I know what you mean, so we only know what cousin T said about plans for Sandra to stay over, we don’t know what their full conversation was. The SIL never mentioned Sandra saying she had plans during their ride from mechanics and stop at Cumberland Farms, I don’t even think Laina had said anything about it in interviews early on and she surely had spoken with T who would have mentioned it IMO. I find this quite puzzling.
so basically here is what we know
Sandra spent day with her grandchildren
Sandra spoke with her cousin T
Sandra went to drop her car off
Sandra got a ride from SIL after car dropped off at mechanics
Sandra bought cigarettes at Cumberland Farms
Sandra is missing.

MOO
I know what you mean, so we only know what cousin T said about plans for Sandra to stay over, we don’t know what their full conversation was. The SIL never mentioned Sandra saying she had plans during their ride from mechanics and stop at Cumberland Farms, I don’t even think Laina had said anything about it in interviews early on and she surely had spoken with T who would have mentioned it IMO. I find this quite puzzling.
so basically here is what we know
Sandra spent day with her grandchildren
Sandra spoke with her cousin T
Sandra went to drop her car off
Sandra got a ride from SIL after car dropped off at mechanics
Sandra bought cigarettes at Cumberland Farms
Sandra is missing.

And we can add that it sounds like Sandra may have left her house keys with the mechanic, and it's unclear whether she had a spare key. She therefore may have intentionally left the door unlocked when she left for the mechanic's, or when she left later with some unknown person who, perhaps unexpectedly came by later with a car.

I was surprised when Cousin T. first told her story. She seems believable to me, but I agree it's odd that other family members didn't seem to think much of the plans and the lack of follow up with T. But, then again, maybe they did and do. There's much we don't know.

And we can add that it sounds like Sandra may have left her house keys with the mechanic, and it's unclear whether she had a spare key. She therefore may have intentionally left the door unlocked when she left for the mechanic's, or when she left later with some unknown person who, perhaps unexpectedly came by later with a car.

I was surprised when Cousin T. first told her story. She seems believable to me, but I agree it's odd that other family members didn't seem to think much of the plans and the lack of follow up with T. But, then again, maybe they did and do. There's much we don't know.

You are so right, so much we don’t know.
It’s such a shame I truly hope her family gets answers on what happened to her.

Here is an interview from early on at about the 1:17 mark reporter states that the last outgoing call was to Laina. This call was not the day Sandra spoke with her cousin T.

I still say the moderator said it twice in the vanished podcast. Why would it be hard to believe that LE wouldn't want that out? we are all aware LE doesn't want certain information to be related to public for whatever reason that is known to them. I am just saying T or L didn't say because less I'd not to. I can see why too. Can anyone else see why LE might not want that out there? I think just not to give sandras time line away.

Last edited:

I can't imagine the mechanic would take the entire key ring not knowing how long the car would be there. It doesnt fit with someone that is used to locking doors, wouldn't open a door to a stranger, wanted curtains up fast to leave the entire key ring not to mention her plans to sleep at her cousins. Imo. Didnt someone tell Laina Sandra was right under her nose. does anyone have knowledge of Who lives on a pond?

I still say the moderator said it twice in the vanished podcast. Why would it be hard to believe that LE wouldn't want that out? we are all aware LE doesn't want certain information to be related to public for whatever reason that is known to them.

What wouldn't LE want out? Both Sandra's cousin and daughter say LE told them the last call Sandra made on her landline was to Laina on Tuesday. It's certainly possible LE is not telling them the truth. However, the podcaster you reference made a specific claim that Sandra called her cousin at 5:30, putting her in her house at that time. Cousin T. says there never was a call from Sandra at 5:30 or any other time that day. She'd know better than a podcaster whether Sandra called her, and I can't see how it would benefit her to not tell the truth about this. The cops have the information.

What wouldn't LE want out? Both Sandra's cousin and daughter say LE told them the last call Sandra made on her landline was to Laina on Tuesday. It's certainly possible LE is not telling them the truth. However, the podcaster you reference made a specific claim that Sandra called her cousin at 5:30, putting her in her house at that time. Cousin T. says there never was a call from Sandra at 5:30 or any other time that day. She'd know better than a podcaster whether Sandra called her, and I can't see how it would benefit her to not tell the truth about this. The cops have the information.
I don't decide what LE doesnt want out nor why. Maybe it was truthful by the podcaster but she shouldn't have said it. We don't know. It would be easier to call certain person sus imo if no phone was made. If someone went missing that I was close to I'd call everyone in that circle including 911 even if was president of the united states. A loved one missing would be a paralyzing event.

I can't imagine the mechanic would take the entire key ring not knowing how long the car would be there. It doesnt fit with someone that is used to locking doors, wouldn't open a door to a stranger, wanted curtains up fast to leave the entire key ring not to mention her plans to sleep at her cousins. Imo. Didnt someone tell Laina Sandra was right under her nose. does anyone have knowledge of Who lives on a pond?
Is your last statement in reference to any psychics that may have said that? It seems just the cousin said she planned to maybe go visit and stay over, wonder if Sandra did mention that to her SIL. She'd of had to be picked up if she was planning to go to the cousins. Vague, to us, maybe more is known to the police or SIL and daughter about that..the cousins statement on that possible visit.

It seems just the cousin said she planned to maybe go visit and stay over, wonder if Sandra did mention that to her SIL. She'd of had to be picked up if she was planning to go to the cousins.

You'd think she'd have mentioned any plans, if only out of courtesy to the family members she apparently was closest to - her daughter and SIL. She didn't have a cell phone, so "Hey, I'm going to be at T's for the night" or "I'm thinking about going to T's for the night" if you guys are trying to reach me. Maybe she did, but the first mention I ever heard of this was when T discussed it many months later. But if they knew about her plans/possible plans, wouldn't her daughter have checked with T when she couldn't reach Sandra on Thursday - "hey, T, is my mum still there?" Maybe she did and we just haven't heard about it. Or maybe Sandra had already decided to blow T off and do something else, without letting anyone know, including T.

The possible T visit is troubling to me, even if I can't fully articulate why I find it to be so.

You'd think she'd have mentioned any plans, if only out of courtesy to the family members she apparently was closest to - her daughter and SIL. She didn't have a cell phone, so "Hey, I'm going to be at T's for the night" or "I'm thinking about going to T's for the night" if you guys are trying to reach me. Maybe she did, but the first mention I ever heard of this was when T discussed it many months later. But if they knew about her plans/possible plans, wouldn't her daughter have checked with T when she couldn't reach Sandra on Thursday - "hey, T, is my mum still there?" Maybe she did and we just haven't heard about it. Or maybe Sandra had already decided to blow T off and do something else, without letting anyone know, including T.

The possible T visit is troubling to me, even if I can't fully articulate why I find it to be so.
I remember that Laina had contacted T and asked if she had heard (or something) from Sandra and T had said, 'no, why?' The only thing really about it, other than the phone call incident. I can understand the T visit being somehow troubling.

Yeah, there are numerous interviews where LM says she called Sandra's house on Thursday and Sandra didn't pick up. LM says in these initial TV interviews "it's not like her to not answer the phone", but we learn in The Vanished that Sandra was a major introvert who screened her calls, so now I'm not sure what to think about LM's statement.

The only reason I can think of that LM would omit the T visit was that the investigators initially requested she omit this, and then went back on that for whatever reason.

But if LM really didn't know about the T visit... Sandra did lead a very private life, and I get the feeling that despite the tight financial control her kids exercised over her, that Sandra did her own thing to an extent. It almost seems like most of her relationship with her daughter centered around babysitting and the grandkids. Maybe she just didn't want to be bothered that day, took advantage of her day off, and just didn't tell anyone (including LM) about her plans with T.

...But then again, her SIL did say they usually checked in with her the day before she babysat. And I got the impression that Sandra's overnight visits to T were somewhat routine, so it would seem natural for LM and family to call T if they didn't know where she was. You would also think that if T knew LM and family were taking Sandra's car to the shop before dropping her off, and if T really was expecting her, that she'd give LM or her husband a call on the Wednesday night. But it seems like LM first had an inkling that something was wrong on the Thursday. If I were T, I think I'd also call Sandra's landline a few times AFTER 5:30 PM. Assuming that she wasn't the type to just completely ghost people. But again, maybe these calls or similar communications did take place, and we just aren't privy to that information. LE has every right to twist, turn, and withhold information here if it suits the investigation.

(And the fact that her SIL and LM usually checked in with people the day before, didn't hear from Sandra on that Thursday, and didn't physically go to her house is just weird to me. But that's for another post).

The amount of contradictions and back-and-forths here just makes my head hurt. Something just doesn't add up, and I think the planned sleepover at T's plays a part in this. And that's not even touching on Sandra's car being in the shop.

I remember that Laina had contacted T and asked if she had heard (or something) from Sandra and T had said, 'no, why?' The only thing really about it, other than the phone call incident. I can understand the T visit being somehow troubling.

Also, I think it was Sandra's sister who contacted T, not LM. Nevertheless, the startled "no, why?" reaction seems weird to me. If Sandra blew T off without so much as a courtesy call, and someone asked T about her whereabouts, that just seems logical, and not like something to be surprised about.

Lastly, podcasters are not investigators and they make mistakes. The Vanished also said she was last seen wearing a gray tank top when it was white. It's not inconceivable for the host to have stumbled over her words when describing the already very confusing situation regarding Sandra and T's phone calls.

Last edited:
Bottom line is, based on all the podcasts and interviews, I'm really not sure who called who, or if any call did take place at 5:30 PM on the Wednesday evening. The news story and The Missing podcast (the first podcast, released before The Vanished) say that the last INCOMING call was on the Wednesday, while the grandkids were there, from cousin T. The last OUTGOING call is to LM on the Tuesday. I don't know what to think of a 5:30 call, and if there WAS an incoming call, it was probably unanswered (I'm personally unsure Sandra made it IN to her house Wednesday evening). If we found out Sandra and T had a two-way phone call on Wednesday at 5:30, that would change everything as we know it here.

Again, best not to put too much stock in the podcasters' timeline of the phone calls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801
Back