Found Deceased MA - Sinead Lyons, 41, Lowell, traveling to Ossipee/Effingham, NH area, 11 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MAR 16, 2021
Police find missing Lowell woman’s car near Ossipee Lake in New Hampshire – Lowell Sun
[...]

On March 14, when Lyons had been reported missing, Lowell Police notified New Hampshire State Police.

New Hampshire State Police said Lyons’ vehicle, a white, 2005 Volvo, was found by Ossipee Police in the area of Ossipee Lake on Monday evening.

[...]

New Hampshire State Police, New Hampshire Fish & Game, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office and Ossipee Police continue to search that area for Lyons, according to a press release issued Tuesday night.

“There is no danger to the public,” state police said in a press release.

[...]

New Hampshire State Police | Facebook
161702137_2773854459533763_8617347007414106099_n.jpg

Last edited:
If she went through the ice, or somehow ended up in the lake, it may be a large-ish lake but at least it's a shallow one (max. depth 73ft/22m) so her body may be found quickly.
Honestly, missing people and lakes are a bad mix, and sadly, I'm not holding out much hope she'll be found alive.
MOO.

MAR 16, 2021
Police look for missing Mass. woman | Local News | conwaydailysun.com
New Hampshire State Police on Tuesday were looking for a missing Lowell, Mass., woman in the area of Ossipee's Constitution Park, where her car was found Monday.

[...]

EF, who identified herself on Facebook as Lyons’ cousin, said Lyons “was last seen planning to go hiking near Ossipee.”

On Tuesday afternoon, the Sun observed State Police vehicles, including a K-9 unit, at Constitution Park. A trooper on scene told a Sun reporter not to enter the park and to not get out of the car in the area of the park, which is sandwiched between Route 25 and Ossipee Lake.

[...]

Area residents on the Ossipee, New Hampshire Neighborhood Facebook page reported a heavy police and EMS presence around the lake, including a dive team and helicopters.

[...]

CBS Boston spoke to Lyons’ friend KH, who told the news outlet that when they spoke last Friday, Lyons said she was going to the Ossipee area to see her boyfriend and pick up her German shepherd dog, Flossie.

[...]

“Please keep looking, they are both missing since March 12. Please search your land, search your sheds, check local trails that you are familiar with. If you have anything please contact New Hampshire State Police immediately. Thank you.”

SL said Flossie is microchipped.

60511729b53de.image.jpg

Constitution Park - Google Maps

Last edited:
MAR 16, 2021
Police look for missing Mass. woman | Local News | conwaydailysun.com
New Hampshire State Police on Tuesday were looking for a missing Lowell, Mass., woman in the area of Ossipee's Constitution Park, where her car was found Monday.

[...]

EF, who identified herself on Facebook as Lyons’ cousin, said Lyons “was last seen planning to go hiking near Ossipee.”

On Tuesday afternoon, the Sun observed State Police vehicles, including a K-9 unit, at Constitution Park. A trooper on scene told a Sun reporter not to enter the park and to not get out of the car in the area of the park, which is sandwiched between Route 25 and Ossipee Lake.

[...]

Area residents on the Ossipee, New Hampshire Neighborhood Facebook page reported a heavy police and EMS presence around the lake, including a dive team and helicopters.

[...]

CBS Boston spoke to Lyons’ friend KH, who told the news outlet that when they spoke last Friday, Lyons said she was going to the Ossipee area to see her boyfriend and pick up her German shepherd dog, Flossie.

[...]

“Please keep looking, they are both missing since March 12. Please search your land, search your sheds, check local trails that you are familiar with. If you have anything please contact New Hampshire State Police immediately. Thank you.”

SL said Flossie is microchipped.

60511729b53de.image.jpg

Constitution Park - Google Maps
Just to add....
It's been posted she was going to google "trails"

Constitution Trail Hiking Trail, Freedom, New Hampshire

Hmmm, interesting isn't the word.

There's a lot of pro-Irish and anti-British posts going on there on her FB page. In fact, there's nothing but that! Seems to be a supporter of the IRA terrorist organisation too. Yikes.
Very odd for a forty year old woman to be so obsessed about that.
Where are the posts about her dog, her daily life and activities, check-ins, posts from/to friends, lighthearted stuff?!

Anyway, that aside.....are we presuming she's had an accident hiking/walking in the snowy woods?

Also, am I right in reading the was last seen wearing a black dress? Winters in NH require more clothing.

Boston has a heavy Irish immigrant presence, and many of them used to be extremely supportive of the radical wing, so I'm not totally surprised.

I think the dress was just a rumor. I know people who like to hike in dresses or skirts in warmer weather, but I don't know what the weather was like when she was hiking. It's not the heart of winter any more, and Ossipee is down in the valley, so warmer than the mountains. Down here in Massachusetts, Saturday was pretty nice but Sunday turned cold and windy; it was very cold overnight. I'm very concerned about her chances for survival.

I agree, this does seem very strange.
Sinead's friend stated she was going to google "woods and paths."
There's still between 7-12 inches of snow on the ground. Unless she has snowshoes or skis, it wouldn't make sense to be walking through that much snow, imo.

North Conway, NH 03860 Area Snow Depth
I'm coming back to this statement. I have issues with her "googling" woods/trails for her and her dog in 7-12 in. of snow.
THEN:
Missing Lowell Woman's Car Found In New Hampshire

Lyons was last seen wearing a white coat, white knit hat and black knee-high boots. She was walking a German Shepherd.
She sounds dressed up. Knee high boots? .I don't know of snow/hiking boots that are knee high. IMO

Ice that thick! Wow. That sounds plenty! :eek::eek::eek:
I agree. I'm not sure what to think at this point in time.
The ice does seem thick if that report is accurate, but the Underwater Dive Team is at the park. Why take a dog on the ice and risk breaking a leg?
She was spotted wearing black knee high boots, walking her dog, but when and where? She could have changed to go hiking, but why hike in the snow?
No sighting of her dog, which imo would have survived the cold if they were spending the night in the woods. I have nothing to base this on, but I would think that with all that commotion going on, the dog would have shown up?
No report yet on what the person that was watching the dog had to say.
How can LE be so sure the public's not in danger if they are not sure where she is or what happened to her?

MAR 17, 2021
Missing Sinead Lyons Update: Massachusetts Woman’s Vehicle Found As Search For Her Continues (ibtimes.com)
The New Hampshire State Police said in a press release Tuesday that Sinead Lyons, 41, was last seen in the Lowell area walking a German Shepherd.

Missing Lowell woman’s car found in Ossipee, N.H. | Boston.com
Sinead Lyons, 41, was last seen in the Lowell area walking a German Shepherd on Thursday, New Hampshire State Police said in a statement Tuesday.

Missing Massachusetts woman’s car found near New Hampshire lake; Police continue search for her - masslive.com
Sinead Lyons was last seen walking a German shepherd on or around March 11.

I'm coming back to this statement. I have issues with her "googling" woods/trails for her and her dog in 7-12 in. of snow.
THEN:
Missing Lowell Woman's Car Found In New Hampshire

Lyons was last seen wearing a white coat, white knit hat and black knee-high boots. She was walking a German Shepherd.
She sounds dressed up. Knee high boots? .I don't know of snow/hiking boots that are knee high. IMO

Oh, they make knee high winter boots, all right, for areas that get deep snow. It might be a dressier pair like this: SOREL Emelie™ Tall | Zappos.com or something really functional like these: Women's Joan of Arctic™ Boot.

The park is right in the town of Ossipee and those trails wouldn't have required serious hiking boots to take her dog for a hike. The trails are likely well packed by other hikers and dog walkers. If she was at the person's house picking up her dog (conflicting reports), googling for a nearby park where she could walk the dog before heading home would make sense.

There's so much conflicting information about when and where she was last seen that I don't know what to make of any of it.

Ice that thick! Wow. That sounds plenty! :eek::eek::eek:

There are a couple of problems with ice on a lake. The biggest one is probably that if there are springs feeding into the lake, it weakens the ice above it and you can go from perfectly solid ice to plunging into ice water in the space of a couple of steps. I don't know whether Ossipee Lake is spring fed but some other area lakes are.

And then when it gets on towards spring and things start to melt, the ice begins to soften and crack and develops unpredictable weakness. Again, you can plunge through before you know it.

Has there been any word on whether the dog has been found?

They had evidence to believe this missing person, Miss Lyons, had been in the Ossipee area and may have gone on a hiking trip with her dog," said state police Lt. James Fogarty.

The New Hampshire State Police used a drone Wednesday as part of the latest search for Sinead Lyons, the 41-year-old woman from Lowell, Massachusetts, who was reported missing over the weekend by Lowell police.

Monday night, police located Lyon's vehicle, a white Volvo, in a parking lot near Ossipee Lake. On Tuesday, a multiagency search was launched that included a foot search of the area and the use of the state police helicopter.

"New Hampshire Fish and Game put their airboat on the ice and checked the areas of the lake that are open water, as well as used a remote vehicle to check under the ice," Fogarty said.

Police said they have no reason to suspect foul play and are treating the investigation as a missing-person case. They are also looking for the public's help.
Search continues for Massachusetts woman last seen in Ossipee area

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back