Found Deceased MA - Sinead Lyons, 41, Lowell, traveling to Ossipee/Effingham, NH area, 11 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if it's as simple as her slipping on an icy trail and hitting her head? I'm surprised she hasn't been located yet.
I was wondering that too. But if she was on a trail on land, I think Flossie would have been found by now. I'm afraid that one of them went through the ice and the other tried to help. She visited the lake at the end of an unusually warm spell and I bet the ice was melting quickly.
I have kinfolk in the area and they said that nobody has been out on their lake all week. They also said their lake has a little snow cover on it and in those conditions, I think it's more likely that (1) a person or dog would go out on the ice since there would be less chance of slipping and (2) a person would not visibly see that the ice was melting and could therefore walk across a soft spot.
Hopefully I'm wrong and they crashed at somebody's cottage!

I was wondering that too. But if she was on a trail on land, I think Flossie would have been found by now. I'm afraid that one of them went through the ice and the other tried to help. She visited the lake at the end of an unusually warm spell and I bet the ice was melting quickly.
I have kinfolk in the area and they said that nobody has been out on their lake all week. They also said their lake has a little snow cover on it and in those conditions, I think it's more likely that (1) a person or dog would go out on the ice since there would be less chance of slipping and (2) a person would not visibly see that the ice was melting and could therefore walk across a soft spot.
Hopefully I'm wrong and they crashed at somebody's cottage!

Sounds likely to me. This has been happening a lot this month around our part of central MA. For a couple of weeks it seemed like there was another incident every day, some of them with happy endings and others not. People just don't realize how fast the ice gets soft when the weather starts to turn warm.

It doesn't help that half the media, including People below, continue to report incorrectly that she was last seen in Lowell, MA.
I wonder if Sinead and Flossie could have run into a bear or a mountain lion on a trail. I know the state of NH doesn't acknowledge the presence of the latter, but some swear they are out there.
Mass. Woman Vanishes While Taking German Shepherd for a Walk

It doesn't help that half the media, including People below, continue to report incorrectly that she was last seen in Lowell, MA.
I wonder if Sinead and Flossie could have run into a bear or a mountain lion on a trail. I know the state of NH doesn't acknowledge the presence of the latter, but some swear they are out there.
Mass. Woman Vanishes While Taking German Shepherd for a Walk

The site of the attack would be obvious and even if the animal dragged her away, likely there would be a visible trail.

Flossie only responds to commands Irish and is she afraid of men?

I have a question then: was Flossie with Sinead's boyfriend, or in the care of someone else? (A woman?? Or was Sinead's boyfriend an exception?)

I'm trying to sort out how many people knew Sinead was in NH. While it wouldn't be easy to separate Sinead from a protective, fearful dog, it wouldn't be impossible either, particularly if the person was familiar to Flossie. Or more than one person.

The other thing for people to keep in mind if you're not from the general area is this is only a drive of maybe an hour and a half or so. Googling for trails is kind of weird, IMO. I mean, why wouldn't she just ask her boyfriend? "Hey, where is a good spot I can take Flossie for a walk? Want to join us?" She wasn't on a longer trip, or that far from home. Not that it is a huge red flag, but I find it a bit weird. It feels like a lie to me. And it is also something that could probably be looked into a bit more.

I have a question then: was Flossie with Sinead's boyfriend, or in the care of someone else? (A woman?? Or was Sinead's boyfriend an exception?)

I'm trying to sort out how many people knew Sinead was in NH. While it wouldn't be easy to separate Sinead from a protective, fearful dog, it wouldn't be impossible either, particularly if the person was familiar to Flossie. Or more than one person.

The other thing for people to keep in mind if you're not from the general area is this is only a drive of maybe an hour and a half or so. Googling for trails is kind of weird, IMO. I mean, why wouldn't she just ask her boyfriend? "Hey, where is a good spot I can take Flossie for a walk? Want to join us?" She wasn't on a longer trip, or that far from home. Not that it is a huge red flag, but I find it a bit weird. It feels like a lie to me. And it is also something that could probably be looked into a bit more.
A post upthread states she was last seen with her dog by the lake where her car is. Because of that, I think she fell through the ice, sadly. My hunch is she went on the lake so her dog could have the space to run and he fell in, and she attempted rescue.

All speculation, of course.

jmo

Or...maybe Sinead and Flossie got into another car?

Do we know which trail/parking lot?

I'm wondering if she finished the walk, and met up with someone after/during. If they willingly got into another vehicle, then that could explain Flossie not being fearful or acting out.

Edited: My thought with this is you might want to wear out a German Shep a bit before a longer trip. So, is it possible Sinead had plans other than returning to Lowell?

I think it’s weird too. The trails around Lake Ossipee are basically a park. There’s a soccer field, paved walking trails, and bird watching walks. We have a house in the White Mountains and I wouldn’t call anything near Ossipee a hiking trail.

Here’s a map of the park where her car was parked: https://www.ossipee.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif3641/f/file/file/constitution_park_map.pdf

Last week it was reported that they had K9 dogs on the scene and the next day they had airboats and remote equipment to search under the ice. I wonder if the dogs picked up anything conclusive, whether it be on the lake or on the nearby trails?

Last week it was reported that they had K9 dogs on the scene and the next day they had airboats and remote equipment to search under the ice. I wonder if the dogs picked up anything conclusive, whether it be on the lake or on the nearby trails?
Where is her purse/wallet and cell phone? Were they left in the car?

I think it’s weird too. The trails around Lake Ossipee are basically a park. There’s a soccer field, paved walking trails, and bird watching walks. We have a house in the White Mountains and I wouldn’t call anything near Ossipee a hiking trail.

Here’s a map of the park where her car was parked: https://www.ossipee.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif3641/f/file/file/constitution_park_map.pdf

This is helpful. I live in a different part of NH, and have been there before, but not for several years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back