Found Deceased MA - Sinead Lyons, 41, Lowell, traveling to Ossipee/Effingham, NH area, 11 Mar 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So...if she was seen walking with Flossie along the lake, and we know her car was found in the parking lot:

-She could have fallen through ice in the lake. (I read sonar was used, and nothing turned up.)
- From the map, there is a handicapped accessible elevated trail, Deer Run, that is over a swamp. That seems like the most logical way to the beach, assuming the beach is where Sinead was seen walking with Flossie? Perhaps they were seen walking on the Long Sands Road?

I read drones have been used.

If you put Constitution Park, Long Sands Road, Center Ossipee, NH into Google maps, you can see that this really isn't a "wild" area, as Alethea pointed out. Super weird.

I think it’s weird too. The trails around Lake Ossipee are basically a park. There’s a soccer field, paved walking trails, and bird watching walks. We have a house in the White Mountains and I wouldn’t call anything near Ossipee a hiking trail.

Here’s a map of the park where her car was parked: https://www.ossipee.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif3641/f/file/file/constitution_park_map.pdf
My hunch is she didn't want to go hiking as much as she wanted a place to bring the dog for exercise before being in the car - a park near convenient parking seems to fit that bill.

Wonder why the dog was with the dogsitter? Was she visiting "the guy" and put the dog with the sitter since Flossie doesn't like men?

I still think, sadly, Sinead and Flossie fell through the ice. :(

jmo

Something is just super off with the "Googling for trails." I know I seem fixated, but I'm a dog person, who currently lives in NH, and prior used to live in MA. I drove from another part of MA to NH (similar distance) with a similar breed of dog countless times before I moved, and this just feels wrong to me.

If the dog had to pee, etc most ppl would just find a spot, and head out. If the dog had been with a sitter and Sinead was with her bf, wouldn't the sitter have exercised the dog? Again, if Sinead was heading back to Lowell, it's not a big journey. Most people would just load their dog, and go. I'm definitely puzzled....

I know I posted a post that was in a forum from March 14th that stated the ice was between 12-24 inches.
Then I saw a picture that was posted showing the ice was on the lake, but melted 40 or 50 feet from the shore, so I'm not so sure she would have been able to get on the ice.
I know that Scuba Divers were on scene. I guess it would be irresponsible for them not to check the water.
I'm beginning to wonder if she was abducted from the park, but I have nothing to base that opinion on, outside of they haven't found her or her dog.

Something is just super off with the "Googling for trails." I know I seem fixated, but I'm a dog person, who currently lives in NH, and prior used to live in MA. I drove from another part of MA to NH (similar distance) with a similar breed of dog countless times before I moved, and this just feels wrong to me.

If the dog had to pee, etc most ppl would just find a spot, and head out. If the dog had been with a sitter and Sinead was with her bf, wouldn't the sitter have exercised the dog? Again, if Sinead was heading back to Lowell, it's not a big journey. Most people would just load their dog, and go. I'm definitely puzzled....
I would agree except it was reported she was seen with Flossie by where her car was found.

Whatever the case, I do hope she is found soon.

jmo

I'm leaning towards she left the park, perhaps voluntarily, and perhaps she threw out "Googling for trails" as some kind of explanation for her boyfriend?

I don't have a firm theory on what happened to her.

The weather in NH has been all over the place the past few weeks. It is 60 something, then it is single digits. I would wonder too if there was even solid ice right at the shore for her to have theoretically walked out on the day she was last seen. On March 11, it was in the 60s in Ossipee, NH, and had gotten into the 50s for a few days prior, although it did dip back down overnight to freeze.

That seems like the kind of day that would find lots of people at the park. There were enough people there that people remember seeing her and the dog, so if there was an accident with falling through ice, it seems somewhat likely other people would have been around?

I think it’s weird too. The trails around Lake Ossipee are basically a park. There’s a soccer field, paved walking trails, and bird watching walks. We have a house in the White Mountains and I wouldn’t call anything near Ossipee a hiking trail.

Here’s a map of the park where her car was parked: https://www.ossipee.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif3641/f/file/file/constitution_park_map.pdf

Thanks, that's much clearer than what I tried to say. And I second your description.

Eh, doesn’t seem too off to me. If the dog didn’t get enough energy out earlier, she could have been whining in the car in such a way that SL knew a quick potty stop wasn’t the answer. JMO.

Also wondering why police are commenting Sinead could be in North Conway? That is almost an hour in the opposite direction from heading to Lowell??

I think maybe they said that before they found her car.

Yeah, I remember seeing that early on, but not recently.

There are reasons to go to North Conway--but I think I'll hold off from speculating about why she might have gone there until I see some confirmation that's what she really did.

I’ve read 3 media reports that Sinead Lyons
was last seen on March 11 in Lowell, Massachusetts walking her dog. Then 4 days later her car was discovered 100 miles away at Lake Ossipee, New Hampshire.
I’ve also read conflicting reports in the media. So it’s extremely difficult to determine what the actual true facts are!
The police have released very little information. Something that should be of importance. Is she likely has a cell phone. What was the last tower it pinged? The history of phone calls. Bank transactions that were recorded via debit or credit cards.

I’ve read 3 media reports that Sinead Lyons
was last seen on March 11 in Lowell, Massachusetts walking her dog. Then 4 days later her car was discovered 100 miles away at Lake Ossipee, New Hampshire.
I’ve also read conflicting reports in the media. So it’s extremely difficult to determine what the actual true facts are!
The police have released very little information. Something that should be of importance. Is she likely has a cell phone. What was the last tower it pinged? The history of phone calls. Bank transactions that were recorded via debit or credit cards.
There's a lot of careless reporting here. I'm pretty certain she was last seen on the shore of Lake Ossipee.

I associate North Conway with only shopping and skiing but maybe I'm out of touch.

I was thinking of shopping, but I wasn't following the police comments about why they thought she might be there as I read them to indicate it as a "be on the lookout" type of remark. I did not realize they had mentioned North Conway prior to finding her car.

Again, the dog didn't make sense. If you wanted to go hit the outlets, that sounds more like something you would do while your dog was still with the sitter. JMO, but I wouldn't go get my dog, then drive an hour north, shop or whatever, and then drive an hour + an hour-2 hours home.

The police not releasing much information means they probably have some idea of where she is. Hopefully she is OK.

MAR 22, 2021
Irish woman, 41, is still missing ten days after vanishing with her German Shepherd | Daily Mail Online
[...]

Sinead's family say that she vanished on March 12 at around 12.30pm, after collecting Flossie from a 'friend' in Ossipee.

There are also questions over whether or not the friend is her boyfriend, who she is said to live with in Massachusetts.

Police have not named the boyfriend, nor have they indicated if they suspect any kind of foul play in Sinead's disappearance.

The woman's family have now traveled to the US from Ireland to help in the search for her, according to Facebook posts.

Sinead was last wearing a dress and had flowers in her hair when she vanished.

[...]

In a Facebook post on Monday, her sister Sandra wrote: 'Sinéad left Lowell and traveled to collect Flossie from a friend in the NH area.

'She was going to go for a walk with Flossie before heading back home to Lowell.

[...]

Again, the dog didn't make sense. If you wanted to go hit the outlets, that sounds more like something you would do while your dog was still with the sitter. JMO, but I wouldn't go get my dog, then drive an hour north, shop or whatever, and then drive an hour + an hour-2 hours home.

The police not releasing much information means they probably have some idea of where she is. Hopefully she is OK.

It doesn’t sound too terribly unreasonable to me. Not ideal, but some dog owners will leave their dogs in the car in the winter, when there’s no risk of overheating. I’m not getting into whether they should! Traveling with her dog - trails, shopping, long rides - may have been her style. You’re right - we just don’t have much info! JMO.

There was 3 news media reports of her last “being seen” in Lowell walking the dog, yet another of her being seen walking Lake Ossipee.
If she did drive the car there with or without the dog. There’s a good chance she was meeting someone she knows and got in their car and left. But it’s possible she didn’t drive the car there, if the newspaper’s are correct in that she was last seen in Lowell?
In this morning’s Lowell newspaper - Lowellsun.com. There’s an article where another woman is missing. It may be unrelated? But the car was found in the Merrimac river. So with both missing women it involves water, a car, both female, and both from the same city?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79
Back