MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a wild thought - not based on any facts provided.

What if the "burns" were not from fire, but from acid? That could be done without detection in the wooded area.

Just thinking aloud here...

BINGO
Exactly what I was thinking!!! Acid or chemical burns not fire-related.

Also, I'm disturbed by the severity of this crime.

Is it gang-related or satanic/cult related?? Any ideas?

Police are portraying it as particularly disturbing/ unusual or at least I interpreted the quote as
such.

BINGO
Exactly what I was thinking!!! Acid or chemical burns not fire-related.

Also, I'm disturbed by the severity of this crime.

Is it gang-related or satanic/cult related?? Any ideas?

Police are portraying it as particularly disturbing/ unusual or at least I interpreted the quote as
such.

There isn't any gang activity in Princeton. Probably in Leominster but not in Princeton, and anyone related to Ganga activity would very likely stick out like a sore thumb.

I don't know much about occult activity but I doubt they commit quick murders during the middle of the day.

The police are portraying it like its a big deal, because in these parts it is indeed a very big deal. This is a postcard picture perfect affluent white bread town, with a population smaller then most colleges, a police force of about half a dozen, where no one locks their doors, and they don't even get cable.

yeah, no satanic cult activity in Princeton, MA, that's for sure. Plus, the abundance of accusations of satanic activity that took place in the 80's etc all wound up being a bunch of nonsense. Actual satanic crimes are extremely rare.

Gang related activity would be extremely obvious in a town like Princeton.

In regards to chemical or fire related burns....they found charred grass near her body. (I think that's from the Telegram article? I'm at work, so I can do limited searching...) It seems more accelerant related.

When a lay person uses the word "ping" as a verb, they often mean, "send me a txt msg or IM." The term started in the tech world and spread from there. "Ping me when you're available" is a very common phrase used in many companies and by people who use technology. Yes, it also refers to the connection of a cell phone to a cell tower, but most people outside of LE do not use the word in that way.

has LE or the DA come out and stated that the murders of Karina in Queens and Vanessa's murder in Princeton NJ are NOT connected ? TIA

Find My Phone gives you very precise coordinates and tells you whether the phone is live or that was a last-known location. I sometimes use it when I need to locate Mr. Carbuff when he's os a hike or bike ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

has LE or the DA come out and stated that the murders of Karina in Queens and Vanessa's murder in Princeton NJ are NOT connected ? TIA
I read that they haven't ruled that out but they also don't believe they're connected at this point.

Not confirmed whether the cases are connected or not. Article dated from this morning (Aug 10)

"NYPD investigators have reached out to Massachusetts State Police, sources said, to see if there are any parallels between Vetrano's unsolved strangulation and the murder of jogger Vanessa Marcotte, who was found dead in Princeton, her body partially burned, on Sunday.

No connection between the two deaths has been made, officials said Wednesday."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...assachusetts-jogger-murders-article-1.2745626

LE is not leaving any stone unturned.

That article is dated Aug 9. Today's article from Aug 10 a.m. (linked above) says NYPD is looking into a possible connection.

FWIW, I don't think there is a connection....but LE has not confirmed it either way, for sure.

TY very much. NYPD is probably the best LE in the country.jmo I think there is a good reason they are looking at both cases for a possible connection. jmo

When a lay person uses the word "ping" as a verb, they often mean, "send me a txt msg or IM." The term started in the tech world and spread from there. "Ping me when you're available" is a very common phrase used in many companies and by people who use technology. Yes, it also refers to the connection of a cell phone to a cell tower, but most people outside of LE do not use the word in that way.

Not that I'm doubting you overall, but as a local of this area, I've never heard someone use "ping me" as a verb. Maybe it's a regional thing, but doesn't seem to be a thing in this area.

like another poster, I think if it was her family member, they shared "find my iphone" because I doubt LE would be pinging her that fast and if so they wouldn't be telling family.

Not that I'm doubting you overall, but as a local of this area, I've never heard someone use "ping me" as a verb. Maybe it's a regional thing, but doesn't seem to be a thing in this area.

I think that 'nothing to connect the killings' vs 'comparing notes' are general statements that both mean 'we don't know enough in either case to officially confirm or rule out a connection'.

Same here. I only hear "text" or "message". I think it could have been a ping from the find my phone app.

My family uses it. "Ping me when you're ready for breakfast," for instance.

Not that I think it necessarily applies here.

I think that 'nothing to connect the killings' vs 'comparing notes' are general statements that both mean 'we don't know enough in either case to officially confirm or rule out a connection'.

Right. They are looking into many possibilities, as are we.

Has it been announced if DNA was found on Vanessa for LE to use?

Right. They are looking into many possibilities, as are we.

Has it been announced if DNA was found on Vanessa for LE to use?

This morning's news says waiting for the tesults of the rape kit.

like another poster, I think if it was her family member, they shared "find my iphone" because I doubt LE would be pinging her that fast and if so they wouldn't be telling family.

That's what I noticed as well about the so-called "ping" reference in media. Ping info requires a court order and I doubt that happened that soon into a search for someone who wasn't even confirmed to be in harm's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee