MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found info concerning what adress or specific area in New York City Vanessa lived in ?
If there are anyone here in this thread who knew Vanessa personeally, could yo please share this info? (don't need house number)

And/or, those of you who are looking at her running route in NYC, where was it? It would likely be in her neighborhood. (Agreed, we don't need the exact address...I would just like to know the neighborhood.

tia

And/or, those of you who are looking at her running route in NYC, where was it? It would likely be in her neighborhood. (Agreed, we don't need the exact address...I would just like to know the neighborhood.

tia

I cannot find out where she actually lived in NYC...anyone know ?

I am thinking the same thing, that she was attacked on Brooks Station just after setting out. After seeing her routes while there back in September 2015 seems she headed north on those runs. Actually seems like she ran the same routes frequently, even in NYC ☹️ I know you were able to pull up the routes also. Did you notice the route tracking stopped in September 2015, but the awards still continued at locations in NYC. Wondering if something spooked her and made her change that privacy setting, or maybe I'm just looking to far into it.

Made me realize I needed to change my privacy settings on that app quickly though!

I just noticed the awards... She earned awards on August 8th, a day after she died. How could that be?

Most of the runs start off in Chelsea. I know the Google office is located in Chelsea as well but pretty sure the location she is leaving from is where she lives. I don't feel comfortable posting to much here, since LE hasn't released any info. In case she has roommates, and friends that she runs with..don't want to put anything out there that would potentially put them in danger.

Most of the runs start off in Chelsea. I know the Google office is located in Chelsea as well but pretty sure the location she is leaving from is where she lives. I don't feel comfortable posting to much here, since LE hasn't released any info. In case she has roommates, and friends that she runs with..don't want to put anything out there that would potentially put them in danger.

I agree. We already know she was in Chelsea for work anyway.

Thanks.

I just noticed the awards... She earned awards on August 8th, a day after she died. How could that be?

Wow, good catch! And they were earned in NYC, so odd, how can that be?

Adding that I use mapmyrun and you would have to be logged into your account in order for it to track

Wow, good catch! And they were earned in NYC, so odd, how can that be?

Do you know how awards are given? Is it a once a month average thing? Or are they awarded right after a run? I know nothing about that feature.

Do you know how awards are given? Is it a once a month average thing? Or are they awarded right after a run? I know nothing about that feature.

I'm not familiar with the awards feature either. From the dates of her tracked runs in comparison to the awards some seem to match and some don't. Maybe someone else here knows about this better. I wasn't able to find anything in a Google search besides the usual Q&As

I'm not familiar with the awards feature either. From the dates of her tracked runs in comparison to the awards some seem to match and some don't. Maybe someone else here knows about this better. I wasn't able to find anything in a Google search besides the usual Q&As

Maybe her run is set as a recurring event so the app thinks she ran on Aug 8?

IDK

Maybe her run is set as a recurring event so the app thinks she ran on Aug 8?

IDK
I don't think it can work that way. Maybe it just updates her ranking since that particular award ranks her amongst others who run the same route? I couldn't find any information about how the timing of awards work either.

I don't think it can work that way. Maybe it just updates her ranking since that particular award ranks her amongst others who run the same route? I couldn't find any information about how the timing of awards work either.
Could it be synced with a fitbit or other device?

I understand fully, but could you share the approximately area Vanessa lived in like; was it in Manhattan, Brooklyn ? Queens ? Bronx? etc ?

I live really close to where her body was discovered and there are lone joggers everywhere. Now they are walking and jogging in small groups and very fearful. At this point I'm really not convinced that it is someone local.

I read one report that her said her boyfriend was not a suspect because he was out of the country. Can anyone confirm this?

Perhaps Ventrano was murdered as a diversion, with Vanessa being the true target?

I understand fully, but could you share the approximately area Vanessa lived in like; was it in Manhattan, Brooklyn ? Queens ? Bronx? etc ?

Chelsea is a neighborhood in Manhattan. It's south of the midtown area, north of Greenwich Village, on the west side.

I live really close to where her body was discovered and there are lone joggers everywhere. Now they are walking and jogging in small groups and very fearful. At this point I'm really not convinced that it is someone local.

I read one report that her said her boyfriend was not a suspect because he was out of the country. Can anyone confirm this?

Perhaps Ventrano was murdered as a diversion, with Vanessa being the true target?

I've read that Vanessa was not romantically involved. Can you post a link of what you read about a boyfriend?

Apparently, NO boyfriend:
Father John Marcotte, about his daughter Vanessa……….
"She was not involved with anyone romantically, he said."
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...n-great-kid/mUTVnnhtLndONFAtwYld2H/story.html
AUGUST 09, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member