MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local news reporting police are following new leads, but no details about those leads.

TO EVERYONE !!!

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE always add a link to new info found in the media.

And if you saw/heard it on TV, from your neighbor, or whatever other sources, PLEASE post the source.

Thanks in advance :) <3

I'll try to find where I read this....but does anyone else remember reading that investigators had left the woods with a brown paper bag yesterday? Curious what evidence they removed from the woods?

Sorry but nothing about that theory really makes any sense to me at all. If he had no car how would he have just been hiding out in the wounds miles and miles away from some supposed halfway house he lives in....murder a jogger, and then calls a sister to say "hey I'm on some back road in Princeton all cut up come pick me up".....then she picks him up and says oh I'm not gonna ask questions but let's get you cleaned up at the Mnt? Nothing about that seems to make any logical sense in my mind.
My theory right now is that he planned this with a sister, although it still really REALLY disturbs me that a woman would be in on this. He could have been living at a halfway house and they used his sister's vehicle. She drove and he pulled VM into the car.

I'll try to find where I read this....but does anyone else remember reading that investigators had left the woods with a brown paper bag yesterday? Curious what evidence they removed from the woods?

I HEARD this on Nancy Grace last night. They left with a brown bag so they were looking for something and found it, is what I recall her saying. Do you know if they have transcripts of that show?

I imagine they'd want to be certain about the Wachusett story before releasing anything. Maybe they're reluctant to put a person's image out there if they can rule him out on their own at least. I'd love for them to release a photo though.

I imagine they'd want to be certain about the Wachusett story before releasing anything. Maybe they're reluctant to put a person's image out there if they can rule him out on their own at least. I'd love for them to release a photo though.

True. After all, it is entirely possible that the people who went to wash up are innocent and unconnected to the crime. It just find it strange that the DailyMail got the story....they usually have great photos but iffy facts.

Yes I saw it in a video news report yesterday, it was a smaller brown paper bag. Ok I just found it:

At 00:08 and 01:32, in this new video, there is a short clip of the brown evidence paper bag:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/08/11/vanessa-marcotte-princeton-murder-update/

This is a total long shot (and not what I think happened) but could the woman with the scratched man have been Vanessa? Perhaps she was in a car, subdued and the Wachusett person only vaguely saw a woman in the distance in a car but spoke directly with the man. (Again, not what I think happened but another theory to explore).

I grew up in the area. My mother was actually attending a funeral on Sunday in Princeton and drove down that road during the hours between 2 and 4 pm. I asked her if she saw anything. This is what she wrote to me:

"I saw nothing except lots of neighbors walking to the service. Quiet otherwise and nothing weird...except it seemed lonely roads except for the service where there were hundreds."

I think the dailymail article is accurate (I actually find the DM has better info faster than other news sources). The Crowleys are the owners of Wachusett Mountain.

IMO the Wachusett bruised guy was probably not related to this crime. I think it was done by a random creep who (perhaps excited by news coverage of the poor murdered jogger in queens) went out looking for a victim and happened upon Vanessa.

Perhaps cops suspect lots of scrapes on perp because maybe her body was found in an area with lots of brush and broken branches, prickle bushes, etc. I wonder how they know she put up a fight if her hands are burned.

I don't understand why the burning happened. If perp was trying to cover up a rape, wouldn't they burn private areas vs. feet? The whole thing is just so awful.

My heart aches for her family.

All JMO

This is a total long shot (and not what I think happened) but could the woman with the scratched man have been Vanessa? Perhaps she was in a car, subdued and the Wachusett person only vaguely saw a woman in the distance in a car but spoke directly with the man. (Again, not what I think happened but another theory to explore).

I grew up in the area. My mother was actually attending a funeral on Sunday in Princeton and drove down that road during the hours between 2 and 4 pm. I asked her if she saw anything. This is what she wrote to me:

"I saw nothing except lots of neighbors walking to the service. Quiet otherwise and nothing weird...except it seemed lonely roads except for the service where there were hundreds."

I think the dailymail article is accurate (I actually find the DM has better info faster than other news sources). The Crowleys are the owners of Wachusett Mountain.

IMO the Wachusett bruised guy was probably not related to this crime. I think it was done by a random creep who (perhaps excited by news coverage of the poor murdered jogger in queens) went out looking for a victim and happened upon Vanessa.

Perhaps cops suspect lots of scrapes on perp because maybe her body was found in an area with lots of brush and broken branches, prickle bushes, etc. I wonder how they know she put up a fight if her hands are burned.

I don't understand why the burning happened. If perp was trying to cover up a rape, wouldn't they burn private areas vs. feet? The whole thing is just so awful.

All JMO

Good info from your mom - thanks, Mom! :)

I personally think all theories should be considered at this point. They might be off base, but they also might lead to another idea that gets us closer to the truth. While I don't think it was Vanessa with the scratched up guy, it's worth thinking through. The employee got a look at her, and there is video, so that is something that can be verified.

jmopinion

All JMO

I think VM was killed by the time the man was left in that sort of condition. I also think the burning was part of the attack and not necessarily done to hide her identity or evidence. Could she have scratched him with her hands already burned? And therefore his skin was under her nails still? Would that be possible?

I think VM was killed by the time the man was left in that sort of condition.

I agree. Just so hard to believe that if these people at Wachusett were involved that a woman could do something like this to another woman.

They interviewed the DA on local radio this morning and they asked about the Wachusett Mnt story, and he just said he couldn't comment.

I agree. Just so hard to believe that if these people at Wachusett were involved that a woman could do something like this to another woman.

Yeah, that's extremely disturbing to me too. She would have to be very close to this guy. I would think his sister, or possibly an abused girlfriend.

They interviewed the DA on local radio this morning and they asked about the Wachusett Mnt story, and he just said he couldn't comment.

I'm praying this pans out the best way possible. I hope it's the perp and they get him this way.

All JMO

I don't really buy that it was random. Here's why:
It just seems like way too much of a coincidence if this is random....that he randomly picked a girl that just happens to post all of her running routes and sticks to a fairly regular running routine when she's home.

I don't really buy that it was random. Here's why:
It just seems like way too much of a coincidence if this is random....that he randomly picked a girl that just happens to post all of her running routes and sticks to a fairly regular running routine when she's home.

I see what you're saying - she'd be easy to target if she was in fact targeted. However, that doesn't mean that it's any less likely that it was random. There are things pointing toward to possibility that she was targeted, but those points don't make it less probable that it was random. Random crimes happen this way, where it's all up to chance and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also with all of that said, there are different degrees of targeting. He may not have known her personally but may have driven by the day before and seen her. Maybe he drives that road frequently on the weekends and at the same times and has seen her every other weekend (I believe she visited every other week).

I see what you're saying - she'd be easy to target if she was in fact targeted. However, that doesn't mean that it's any less likely that it was random. There are things pointing toward to possibility that she was targeted, but those points don't make it less probable that it was random. Random crimes happen this way, where it's all up to chance and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anything is possible of course. However given the set of circumstances we do know, and having grown up here my impression is that the possibility that she was targeted is much stronger.

The possibility of it being completey random seems very very unlikely in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto