MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The road that she was found on is actually pretty well traveled as its a direct route from the mountain barn restaurant lounge to the bar at mount Wachusett. Pretty much the only things to do in in town, besides visiting the grave of Lucy Keyes, which is off of mountain rd.
Rt 31 is heavy with mostly weekday traffic fron the local landfill and power plant.

I'm sorry but I don't follow. Mt Barn is on 31, as is Mt Wachusett. So the direct rte btw the two is rt 31. She was not found on 31, she was found on a backroad that runs parrallel to 31.....a road that is not a direct rt btw Mnt barn and the Mnt.
Also I don't know any locals that go to the bar at the mountain just to drink unless they are at the mt for another reason.

The road that she was found on is actually pretty well traveled as its a direct route from the mountain barn restaurant lounge to the bar at mount Wachusett. Pretty much the only things to do in in town, besides visiting the grave of Lucy Keyes, which is off of mountain rd.
Rt 31 is heavy with mostly weekday traffic fron the local landfill and power plant.

There also isn't any "grave" for Lucy Keyes....you can't have a grave without a body and she was never found.

Eek! I just looked up Lucy Keyes....spooky that she went missing and one version of her story is that a fire was burned over where she was hidden.

I never heard of her before.

I'm leaning toward him driving the road and passing her, then circling back to get her. I think he somehow pulled her into the car and now that there's a possibility that a woman was with him, that theory seems even more possible if she drove and he pulled VM in.

There are literally single female runners on these roads at any given time during daylight hours running alone. Why would this random perp just not being able to contain himself on this one random Sunday afternoon? , for this one girl...if it was opportunity there would have been plenty of opportunity at any given other time.

I understand it's possible. I just am not convinced that it is completely random. I lean much stronger to the idea she was specificall targeted.

I also find it strange that no other media has picked up on the disheveled man at the resort. I wonder if that's because the DM has a reputation of print now, ask question later. I can imagine a scenario where a car has an accident with a motorcyclist and an ambulance is called. An ambulance shows up but the motorcyclist or car driver is without health/motor vehicle insurance and is turned away...perhaps after assessing the injuries are mild and mentioning the possibility of bathrooms to clean up at the resort?
Still, it should be checked out as they were in the area.
Somehow though, I see this as a one man crime.

I'm leaning toward him driving the road and passing her, then circling back to get her. I think he somehow pulled her into the car and now that there's a possibility that a woman was with him, that theory seems even more possible if she drove and he pulled VM in.

Yes, I'm thinking he spotted her and then circled back too. If a woman was with him (still cringing at that idea), she might have been how Vanessa was enticed to talk to them, go near the car, etc. It feels safer to talk to a fellow woman.

Just a thought.

jmo

There is a grave marker for Lucy Keyes. While technically it may not be a 'grave' in the most literal sense of the word, the thought is the same.

Image is large so I removed the picture, but the attachment can still be viewed.
(http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=8029667)

Off topic, a bit. There is a grave in Manhattan for Charlotte Temple, who is a character in a book, not even a real person! :)

Okay, back on topic.

There are literally single female runners on these roads at any given time during daylight hours running alone. Why would this random perp just not being able to contain himself on this one random Sunday afternoon? , for this one girl...if it was opportunity there would have been plenty of opportunity at any given other time.

I understand it's possible. I just am not convinced that it is completely random. I lean much stronger to the idea she was specificall targeted.

He could have planned to commit the crime, but not have an actual victim in mind. He could have been searching for a victim is what I mean.

Yes, I'm thinking he spotted her and then circled back too. If a woman was with him (still cringing at that idea), she might have been how Vanessa was enticed to talk to them, go near the car, etc. It feels safer to talk to a fellow woman.

Just a thought.

jmo

I agree with this as well.

I also find it strange that no other media has picked up on the disheveled man at the resort. I wonder if that's because the DM has a reputation of print now, ask question later. I can imagine a scenario where a car has an accident with a motorcyclist and an ambulance is called. An ambulance shows up but the motorcyclist or car driver is without health/motor vehicle insurance and is turned away...perhaps after assessing the injuries are mild and mentioning the possibility of bathrooms to clean up at the resort?
Still, it should be checked out as they were in the area.
Somehow though, I see this as a one man crime.

Well this is MA so someone driving without a registration for there vehicle would be really rare, it also wouldn't be grounds for the ambulance to turn them away, it would be grounds for the police to be called. Secondly in MA pretty much everyone has insurance because if you don't you pay a 600 dollar fine on your state taxes. And even if someon didn't have health insurance, that isn't something the ambulance would neccasarily ask, it's treat first ask questions later...someone in need cannot be turned away for emergency service for lack of insurance.

He could have planned to commit the crime, but not have an actual victim in mind. He could have been searching for a victim is what I mean.

But if you planned it and were picking your spot to stalk random runners from, I don't think you'd pick a location so close to the center of town.

But if you planned it and were picking your spot to stalk random runners from, I don't think you'd pick a location so close to the center of town.

I still think it's secluded enough, especially if he knew he could use the cart path and go into the woods.

Well this is MA so someone driving without a registration for there vehicle would be really rare, it also wouldn't be grounds for the ambulance to turn them away, it would be grounds for the police to be called. Secondly in MA pretty much everyone has insurance because if you don't you pay a 600 dollar fine on your state taxes. And even if someon didn't have health insurance, that isn't something the ambulance would neccasarily ask, it's treat first ask questions later...someone in need cannot be turned away for emergency service for lack of insurance.
Yes, I realize that MA has stiff penalties for uninsured/unregistered vehicles but I think plenty of rural properties have dirt bikes/quads etc for use on the property that may be unregistered.
I guess my point was that I cannot see why a perpetrator of this kind of crime would allow himself (and an accomplice in a vehicle?) to be spotted in an injured state in the vicinity...especially if the injuries were not life-threatening. I mean what would compel this murderer to stop locally and wash up? And the fact that it hasn't been picked up by other MSM suggests to me that more rigorous press sleuthed a bit and found it to be non-relevant. I'm totally prepared to eat my words here...but I was pondering alternate scenarios
:)

Yes, I realize that MA has stiff penalties for uninsured/unregistered vehicles but I think plenty of rural properties have dirt bikes/quads etc for use on the property that may be unregistered.
I guess my point was that I cannot see why a perpetrator of this kind of crime would allow himself (and an accomplice in a vehicle?) to be spotted in an injured state in the vicinity...especially if the injuries were not life-threatening. I mean what would compel this murderer to stop locally and wash up?
Maybe things didn't go as planned and it was a last minute dissocion that wasn't well thought through?

I guess my point was that I cannot see why a perpetrator or this kind of crime would allow himself (an an accomplice in a vehicle?) to be spotted in an injured state in the vicinity...especially if the injuries were not life-threatening. I mean what would compel this murderer to stop locally and wash up?

Someone mentioned they could have been going home to someone whom they would need to hide these injuries from. Another thought I had is they could have panicked about her body being found before they made it home and worried they could be caught on the way. We know that wouldn't be likely but they could have been thinking pretty irrationally, obviously. Maybe they thought washing up was the smart thing to do to at least get as much of her DNA off as possible and not look as suspicious if stopped?

Something to know about the ski resort is that it wouldn't have been busy AT ALL at this time. They could have expected to get in and out of the bathroom without bumping into anyone inside. The ski resort is only busy in the summer during festivals that they have, and there were none this past weekend. They do have private functions, but they're held in closed rooms and wouldn't be seen from the entrance and bathrooms.

Yep. That would never happen with an actual paramedic. Injuries would be treated by the professionals. In fact (and I'm not placing any blame for a delay in reporting) that would have been suspicious enough for me to report it. Red flag that something/someone is not right. I'm wondering why they would go somewhere public though, and not just go home?

BBM Unless they are not locals. Maybe they wanted to just clean up
after all they didn't expect her to put up a fight. Perhaps they caught on to the employee being
suspicious and decided to move on. JMO

***edited to remove they might have been going to stay there***

BBM Unless they are not locals. Maybe they intended to stay there or wanted to just clean up
after all they didn't expect her to put up a fight. Perhaps they caught on to the employee being

What do you mean by "stay there"? What would they do there after they washed up?

Just a thought.

jmo

Eek. This just made me think of paul Bernardo and karla homolka. Of all the stories out there, theirs possibly disturbs me the most.

BBM Unless they are not locals. Maybe they wanted to just clean up
The ski resort is not one you can stay at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur