Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking out loud.....

Say it was someone she knew, like a peer or something. And say that they wanted to talk to her before she left for NYC. Maybe it was someone she didn't so much hide from her parents but just didn't really feel like explaining. So she agreed to meet this person to "talk". So she just used her normal run time as her excuse to get out of the house to meet up with this person because she knew it wouldn't raise any flags as it was something she normally did.

As I mentioned earlier lots of local kids grow up knowing where these little off shoots into the woods are, because they are the same places to go "party in the woods" or take a girl to make out, or to go smoke weed. (Not saying Vanessa was doing any of those things). But it could be a place someone could have taken her to "talk".

Or perhaps they "talked" elsewhere like in the parking lot of the Mnt barn.

Either way it could explain why she might have willingly gotten into a car and perhaps been driven the 100 ft into the woods.
If they were talking there and things got heated maybe he straggled here and then left the body there and tried to cover his tracks.

It's a possibility that she met for a "talk," but I'm doubting it. She is a poised, polished, young professional without childhood ties to that particular town. She doesn't seem the type (yes, I'm making an assumption) who would sneak behind her mom's back at this stage in her life. I think when she left for her jog, she really wanted to get the exercise in that lovely setting before heading back to the city. She is an avid runner.

She also is attractive, petite....and alone. She was a random target just for those factors. :(

I think she was grabbed, or somehow lured, either into the car or onto that cart path. I really don't think the perp knew her personally, but I do think the perp was a local person who knows about the cart path. I don't think the perp targeted her personally, but simply because she was there.

I want to give a shout out to the great locals on this thread. You're really providing great insight and information that makes the case come into focus so much better than if we didn't have local info.

And...the rest of us outsider are muddling along pretty well too.

Great work on this thread....making the most of the limited info we have.

It's a possibility that she met for a "talk," but I'm doubting it. She is a poised, polished, young professional without childhood ties to that particular town. She doesn't seem the type (yes, I'm making an assumption) who would sneak behind her mom's back at this stage in her life. I think when she left for her jog, she really wanted to get the exercise in that lovely setting before heading back to the city. She is an avid runner.

She also is attractive, petite....and alone. She was a random target just for those factors. :(

I think she was grabbed, or somehow lured, either into the car or onto that cart path. I really don't think the perp knew her personally, but I do think the perp was a local person who knows about the cart path. I don't think the perp targeted her personally, but simply because she was there.

<mod snip> She went to a private school in Worcester with lots of kids from the Wachusett school district, plus Leominster boarders Princeton. So it's not like she grew up on the north shore and was visiting in central MA.

<mod snip> Lots of girls with squeaky clean pedigrees, intelligence, and focused career paths still like to have fun, party, and so childish things when they aren't working. As someone who grew up in the area, went to very impressive universities and lived in NYC .... I'm just saying knowing the "type" I don't think it's as unlikely an idea as you might think.

I actually think the fact she wasn't a townie makes me think she was specifically targeted. There are so so so many roads just like that one all around the towns here, any given time driving down anyone of them you will see loan female joggers if all age range. It just seems if there was a local perp targeting joggers as prey, the chances of them getting a random person visiting and not a town local just seems like a slim possibility....slimmer still because why would he choose a road so close to the town center?

I do think the perp was a local, but I don't think it was completely random.

Its also possible they are asking people if they know the 'Marcottes' when the aunt and uncle have a different last name
I think this is what is happening. The aunt and uncle have a different last name, although I don't know if I should post that here.

I think this is what is happening. The aunt and uncle have a different last name, although I don't know if I should post that here.

They do because it's the mothers family and Marcotte would be her fathers side. So that aunt and uncle wouldn't be marcotte. The last name is easy to find with the address. But I don't know if the mother is related to the aunt or uncle so I don't know if the listed last name would be the moms maiden name or just the surname of the man her sister married.

I realized that when a news article stated the uncles correct first name but Marcotte as the last

They do because it's the mothers family and Marcotte would be her fathers side. So that aunt and uncle wouldn't be marcotte. The last name is easy to find with the address. But I don't know if the mother is related to the aunt or uncle so I don't know if the listed last name would be the moms maiden name or just the surname of the man her sister married.
Mother is bio sisters with the aunt

This might not be related at all but it seems kind of weird so I thought I would share.

Last night there was an accident of a wrong way crash on the mass pike. The driver going the wrong way died, but was a 28 year old Rutland man. Rutland is next to Princeton.

Again this might not be related at all but I can't help but wonder what state of mind someone must be in going the wrong way down the mass pike.

All IMHO:

THINK HARD- you made this possible connection right away.
This is so odd & I hope they have impounded what's left of his vehicle and taken tire rubbings etc.
They need to be looking long and hard at this.
The police investigators may have been taking more photos of tire impressions of cars/ ATVs etc on and around the cart path this morning....
Any info on this young man? Previous record or any other info? Was he by chance in NYC last week?
Where did he live/ work? Did he jog? Have access to an ATV?
So many questions.

The news articles make it sound like suicide/ intent to destroy himself and his vehicle.
Too coincidental IMHO now that we know he started going the proper way on highway, pulled over and changed direction into oncoming traffic. This young man had a death wish and no qualms about killing/maming others during his quest. He was intentionally trying to collide "head on" with other vehicles on the highway if the articles are correct.

Very sad for his family. It's just so very fishy though with the timing and manner of his demise.
I hope the NYPD test his DNA against the known DNA of Karina Verano's killer just to cover their bases unless he is 100% proven to not have been in the city last week.
I would like to hear that they are investigating this actively or he has been cleared in Vanessa's investigation.
I seriously doubt a connection to Karina but too fishy not to consider him seriously in Vanessa's case.

I think that Vanessa's killer is UNDOUBTEDLY local (living or has lived within a half hour or so from Princeton.)
This killer knew those woods where he dumped Vanessa!!!!!!
He just didn't expect her to be found so quickly & identified.

I also don't think that Vanessa knew her killer. I think she was his random (NOT STALKED) target. He was out to rape and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time & crossed his path.

AMAZING WORK by those Massachusetts police officers in acting so quickly and finding her.
Basically unheard of and should be a model for other agencies. KUDOS to the Massachusetts blue&#128153;

If this is related to the NYC killing of Karina Vetrano, the real target was Vanessa and the killer went to the city stalking her. Karina's dad says there is no connection & he's probably right.
I think any apparent connection is just a "copy cat" scenario.
Vanessa's killer was excited by press about Karina's rape/murder and decided to copy that- find a pretty jogger during a daytime run....

My last thought- likely NOT the first rape/assault by Vanessa's killer but probably his first murder

Attn Media: @worcesterda to give update at 4pm in #Princeton at Town Hall Annex on #VanessaMarcotte homicide.Mass State Police added,

All IMHO:

THINK HARD- you made this possible connection right away.
This is so odd & I hope they have impounded what's left of his vehicle and taken tire rubbings etc.
They need to be looking long and hard at this.
The police investigators may have been taking more photos of tire impressions of cars/ ATVs etc on and around the cart path this morning....
Any info on this young man? Previous record or any other info? Was he by chance in NYC last week?
Where did he live/ work? Did he jog? Have access to an ATV?
So many questions.

The news articles make it sound like suicide/ intent to destroy himself and his vehicle.
Too coincidental IMHO now that we know he started going the proper way on highway, pulled over and changed direction into oncoming traffic. This young man had a death wish and no qualms about killing/maming others during his quest. He was intentionally trying to collide "head on" with other vehicles on the highway if the articles are correct.

Very sad for his family. It's just so very fishy though with the timing and manner of his demise.
I hope the NYPD test his DNA against the known DNA of Karina Verano's killer just to cover their bases unless he is 100% proven to not have been in the city last week.
I would like to hear that they are investigating this actively or he has been cleared in Vanessa's investigation.
I seriously doubt a connection to Karina but too fishy not to consider him seriously in Vanessa's case.

I think that Vanessa's killer is UNDOUBTEDLY local (living or has lived within a half hour or so from Princeton.)
This killer knew those woods where he dumped Vanessa!!!!!!
He just didn't expect her to be found so quickly & identified.

I also don't think that Vanessa knew her killer. I think she was his random (NOT STALKED) target. He was out to rape and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time & crossed his path.

AMAZING WORK by those Massachusetts police officers in acting so quickly and finding her.
Basically unheard of and should be a model for other agencies. KUDOS to the Massachusetts blue&#55357;&#56473;

If this is related to the NYC killing of Karina Vetrano, the real target was Vanessa and the killer went to the city stalking her. Karina's dad says there is no connection & he's probably right.
I think any apparent connection is just a "copy cat" scenario.
Vanessa's killer was excited by press about Karina's rape/murder and decided to copy that- find a pretty jogger during a daytime run....

My last thought- likely NOT the first rape/assault by Vanessa's killer but probably his first murder

The wrong way driver would be one of the main areas I'd be focusing my attention right now if (even just to rule it out) if I was law enforcement. I knew who was involved in the crash early via Facebook. I don't know him personally but he has cousins and siblings in the same town. As soon as I heard it I thought it's so odd for a wrong way crash for one, then to hear it was a Rutland man (weird because Rutland is small and not very close to where the accident occurred but is directly next to Princeton), who was 28 (Vanessa's age about) .... It immediately just seemed way way too coincidental.

Also lots and lots of kids from Rutland grow up snow mobiling and know those woods paths. He was apparently working in Hudson for a roofing company....so he might have been familiar with things like blow torches?

He looks like kind of a loner from his FB, but people said sweet things about him on his obituary page.

I agree with all of this.

Attn Media: @worcesterda to give update at 4pm in #Princeton at Town Hall Annex on #VanessaMarcotte homicide.Mass State Police added,
Kathy Curran @KathyReports from Channel 5 is saying there has been a development. Fingers crossed.

I wonder what they found? They must have gone back to look for something specific and found what they needed to confirm something. Waiting for the next half hour is going to be torture!

Kathy Curran @KathyReports from Channel 5 is saying there has been a development. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed! I was hoping the increase of police presence at the scene this morning was 'good' news

Law enforcement usually always has an agenda when they make press conferences. As much as the public want to know, usually press conferences aren't about fulfilling the wants of mosey neighbors.

Usually they don't say things that would spook the killer and cause any potential threat to their investigation. Usually it's if they need the publics help or want to send a message to the perp.

I'm wondering if they are going to announce a link btw the NYC murder and this one....or if they aren't worried about spooking the perp because they know he's already deceased (like from a wrong way accident)

<mod snip> She went to a private school in Worcester with lots of kids from the Wachusett school district, plus Leominster boarders Princeton. So it's not like she grew up on the north shore and was visiting in central MA.

<mod snip> Lots of girls with squeaky clean pedigrees, intelligence, and focused career paths still like to have fun, party, and so childish things when they aren't working. As someone who grew up in the area, went to very impressive universities and lived in NYC .... I'm just saying knowing the "type" I don't think it's as unlikely an idea as you might think.

I actually think the fact she wasn't a townie makes me think she was specifically targeted. There are so so so many roads just like that one all around the towns here, any given time driving down anyone of them you will see loan female joggers if all age range. It just seems if there was a local perp targeting joggers as prey, the chances of them getting a random person visiting and not a town local just seems like a slim possibility....slimmer still because why would he choose a road so close to the town center?

I do think the perp was a local, but I don't think it was completely random.

BBM

<mod snip>

We both want to figure this out, and even if our working theories differ, we do have a common goal.

BBM

<mod snip>

We both want to figure this out, and even if our working theories differ, we do have a common goal.

<mod snip>

I agree we are all here working toward the same goal and come in with different perspectives and different working theories. But as we throw around theories that means discussing how likely and unlikely they are based on what we do and don't know. That sometimes means disagreeing with someone else perspective and explaining why that is the case. It's not a personal attack. I'm simply saying from my perspective growing up here I know a lot of girls just like her and I'm basing MY opinion of what she may or may not do based on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member