MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been a surly substantial walk if they were on foot.
My guess is it would take AT LEAST an hour to walk there, do you agree? I'm admittedly not very speedy though. I think they had transportation. If this is the guy, and they were spotted at Wachusett around 2, then it sounds like she would have been attacked soon after starting out on her run :(

For what it's worth: just talked to someone who grew up in the area. He said Wachusett Mt. Resort is right off one of the most heavily trafficked routes for motorcycle drivers.

It would have been a surly substantial walk if they were on foot.

It would, a 10 minute drive is a long walk. My guess is that they said the ambulance dropped them off nearby. If this really happened, they would not want the car to be seen and would have parked nearby and walked.

It would, a 10 minute drive is a long walk. My guess is that they said the ambulance dropped them off nearby. If this really happened, they would not want the car to be seen and would have parked nearby and walked.

Why the speculation they walked to the resort? My reading of the article doesn't give any indication of that - simply that they "appeared."

I think their story was the ambulance driver directed them to the resort, and they proceeded there, but not on foot.

Am I missing something?

Why the speculation they walked to the resort? My reading of the article doesn't give any indication of that - simply that they "appeared."

I think their story was the ambulance driver directed them to the resort, and they proceeded there, but not on foot.

Am I missing something?

I think LE know they had a vehicle. I don't think they walked.

What about the restaurant? I think they're open daily.

I'm not sure if they are open daily. I've never really known anyone to go eat there except if they were skiing or at a fall festival.

yeah, based on the police log (police come automatically when an ambulance is called) there was no such ambulance. They made it up. So yeah, if this legit, it sounds like they had a car- or a motorcycle- in the lot at Wachusett and probably assumed no one would look in to it further.

Yep. That would never happen with an actual paramedic. Injuries would be treated by the professionals. In fact (and I'm not placing any blame for a delay in reporting) that would have been suspicious enough for me to report it. Red flag that something/someone is not right. I'm wondering why they would go somewhere public though, and not just go home?

Good question, BBM.

Maybe because:

* The bleeding was excessive and needed to be tended to.
* The cuts needed to be cleaned - severe enough not to wait.
* Someone was at home and they wanted to clean up before that person saw them?
* They don't live nearby
* They are completely innocent and unconnected to the crime...and we don't need to know more.

My guess is number 3, for the moment.

Any other reasons you guys can think of?

jmopinion at the moment.

For what it's worth: just talked to someone who grew up in the area. He said Wachusett Mt. Resort is right off one of the most heavily trafficked routes for motorcycle drivers.

It's the most heavily traveled rt for any driver going through Princeton. It's right on 31.

I'm not sure if they are open daily. I've never really known anyone to go eat there except if they were skiing or at a fall festival.

My other thought is that it's wedding season and it was a Sunday. Bet they have staff there.

The bathrooms are open for hikers etc. Was in there recently. It was a Saturday I think.

The parking lot is fairly large don't think there are cameras anywhere but the building.

There are cameras outside the building but Im not sure how far into the parking lot they are

Good question, BBM.

Maybe because:

* The bleeding was excessive and needed to be tended to.
* The cuts needed to be cleaned - severe enough not to wait.
* Someone was at home and they wanted to clean up before that person saw them?
* They don't live nearby
* They are completely innocent and unconnected to the crime...and we don't need to know more.

My guess is number 3, for the moment.

Any other reasons you guys can think of?

jmopinion at the moment.

Replying to myself, lol.

Adding this possibility: because the guy really was a mess and needed to clean up to avoid calling attention to himself.

Who is this woman and how does she fit in?? Please don't tell me a woman was involved with this crime. Was she scratched up too?

jmo

My other thought is that it's wedding season and it was a Sunday. Bet they have staff there.

Oh true, I forgot they did weddings there.

Still that seems weirder. Why would you go to a spot hosting a wedding but is otherwise mostly deserted to get cleaned up? Why would an ambulance driver ever tell you that the Mnt should treat you instead of the paramedics themselves....that would just never happen for liability reasons.

The bathrooms are open for hikers etc. Was in there recently. It was a Saturday I think.

At the ski mountain part? Or the hiking part? There are open bathrooms at the hiking part. But mostly people don't usually park at the resort part for hiking.

Assuming they did not back track and continued down mountain road to 140 north it would rule out the suspects being from Fitchburg or Leominster unless they took east rd to stone hill rd to narrows and route 2 east or west.
There is a motel near the intersection of rt140 and rt2 which would explain the need to clean up before. The motel rooms have outside entry but they do not get much business and the owners run outside anytime a car pulls in the parking lot, so showing up there injured would be a major red flag.

It looks like it would take nearly 2 hrs to walk to the Mnt from near where the body was found:
image.jpg

Assuming they did not back track and continued down mountain road to 140 north it would rule out the suspects being from Fitchburg or Leominster unless they took east rd to stone hill rd to narrows and route 2 east or west.
There is a motel near the intersection of rt140 and rt2 which would explain the need to clean up before. The motel rooms have outside entry but they do not get much business and the owners run outside anytime a car pulls in the parking lot, so showing up there injured would be a major red flag.

I noticed your from Westminster I heard today the Vanessa had a relative in Westminster and spent a lot of time at a lake house there in the summer when she was growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member