MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what Michigan's mom said, it sounds like there were a lot of extra people in town for that funeral. (How ironic!) Do you know whose funeral it was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything is possible of course. However given the set of circumstances we do know, and having grown up here my impression is that the possibility that she was targeted is much stronger.

The possibility of it being completey random seems very very unlikely in my opinion.

Think of attempted abductions. Those are often completely random, plus they can happen anywhere.

If these people were actually on a motorcycle instead of in a car like we've been assuming, what if VM's burns are actually from the bike?

Think of attempted abductions. Those are often completely random, plus they can happen anywhere.

Right, but as I've said and explained in this specific set of circumstance I think it's highly unlikely it's completely random. You can believe it is if you choose, that's your right. I just don't happen to agree with that being likely in this case.

If these people were actually on a motorcycle instead of in a car like we've been assuming, what is VM's burns are actually from the bike?

How would the bike burn her? And how would it do so in such specific places?

Exhaust pipe/muffler burns are very common with motorcycles. A scuffle next to the bike could have done it.

We have precious little information, other than she was burned.

Could be fire lit with a match
Splashed accelerant on her and then lit
Torch
Acid
Exhaust pipe
Cigarette burns (haven't talked about that yet, just came to me now)

We don't know yet. Speculation is fine....if we were certain of the exact situation, the crime would be solved!

Keep on brainstorming. When we get more info, we can refine the good ideas and toss out the off-base ones.

Don't know if someone pointed this out already, just background info with regard to the daily Mail story - Mt. Wachusett has a road to the top which is very popular. The road goes up from the state park visitor center, just down the road from the ski resort. The resort hosts weddings in the summer. So that stretch of road is very busy on weekends.

At the ski mountain part? Or the hiking part? There are open bathrooms at the hiking part. But mostly people don't usually park at the resort part for hiking.
There are two hiking trails leading from the parking lot at the resort. It's a good place to start if you want to add some distance to your hike.

If they were on a motorcycle, there would have been more urgency to get cleaned up too, otherwise they could have been spotted more easily on their way home once her body was found.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mass...nvestigation_video_evidence.amp?client=safari

This is the only news article I've seen about the video, but they are citing the daily news

Eta: only news article I've seen besides the dailymail one

Would it be against TOS to post a screenshot of her running route? 2 runs back from 2015 show she actually went directly towards/into Wachusett (sp?)
I'm going to assume she had mapped her hike of the mountain, which is separate from the ski resort. I don't know many locals who DON'T hike the mountain every now and then.

As an avid lurker, I'm lost here. The conversation got both hyper-local & focused on social media in the past 6 hours. What are the new developments aside from the Daily Mail's tip of the of "cut up" male & female companion? Do we know more?

Hi, Amperstand - Glad you're not just lurking!! It's much more fun to just jump in and help us witness -- as info comes in, as suspects come & sometimes go, at the trial, etc., etc. We do it for the ones who are no longer here and for the families. Somehow, IMO, this helps.

And another thang:

:welcome5:

:websleuther:

:cheer:Amperstand !!!:cheer:

We're glad you're here!!

:party:

I'm going to assume she had mapped her hike of the mountain, which is separate from the ski resort. I don't know many locals who DON'T hike the mountain every now and then.

Yes, looks like one was hiking the mountain and the other put her heading towards the "lodge/resort".

I guess me posting the routes isn't important but what I think is important is the fact that while she was visiting she had usual routes and ran daily while there. Makes me believe that it's someone fairly local who has seen her running there before and not random, but jmo.

Don't know if someone pointed this out already, just background info with regard to the daily Mail story - Mt. Wachusett has a road to the top which is very popular. The road goes up from the state park visitor center, just down the road from the ski resort. The resort hosts weddings in the summer. So that stretch of road is very busy on weekends.

Friend of mine got married on top of the mountain at sundown on the summer solstice a few years back. Just a small wedding but lovely.

It's not a resort and I wish we'd quite calling it that. VERY misleading. I don't even remember the restaurant being open in the off season. Mostly just parking and bathrooms at this time of year, though there are a lot of hikers on all parts of the mountain.

Friend of mine got married on top of the mountain at sundown on the summer solstice a few years back. Just a small wedding but lovely.

It's not a resort and I wish we'd quite calling it that. VERY misleading. I don't even remember the restaurant being open in the off season. Mostly just parking and bathrooms at this time of year, though there are a lot of hikers on all parts of the mountain.

What do locals call it? We might as well use the proper terms.

We have precious little information, other than she was burned.

Could be fire lit with a match
Splashed accelerant on her and then lit
Torch
Acid
Exhaust pipe
Cigarette burns (haven't talked about that yet, just came to me now)

We don't know yet. Speculation is fine....if we were certain of the exact situation, the crime would be solved!

Keep on brainstorming. When we get more info, we can refine the good ideas and toss out the off-base ones.

I recall reading that either her body or the ground where she lay was "singed" FWIW

For what it's worth, a local police officer posted on Facebook that he worked the day the injured man showed up at Wachusett ski area and that he "wishes they checked their facts first" before writing that article. He said he knows the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member