MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly the media too often gets things wrong in reporting cases. In a local murder case in my area some years back, I was aghast at how many details the local crime reporter for the major newspaper got incorrect. Media articles should always be taken with a least a couple grains of salt. They are only interpreting what they heard or think they heard and thus when they do that it's 2nd or 3rd hand.

Exhaust pipe/muffler burns are very common with motorcycles. A scuffle next to the bike could have done it.

In those very specific areas an not elsewhere? That sounds highly unlikely.

When we had the serial killer operating in the area a few years back (Alex Scesny), many articles cited a law enforcement source that locals knew to be a part-time cop hired to direct traffic around the crime scene. The reporters were allowed closer than this guy was, but he was giving out information about what he supposedly saw...

For what it's worth, a local police officer posted on Facebook that he worked the day the injured man showed up at Wachusett ski area and that he "wishes they checked their facts first" before writing that article. He said he knows the facts.

Sigh. We sorta figured that, didn't we, even though we wanted that strong lead. Hope the guy's injuries heal quickly.

Back to the drawing board.

Don't know if someone pointed this out already, just background info with regard to the daily Mail story - Mt. Wachusett has a road to the top which is very popular. The road goes up from the state park visitor center, just down the road from the ski resort. The resort hosts weddings in the summer. So that stretch of road is very busy on weekends.
There was no events at the mountain that day as far as I know though. So I doubt it would be busy. thereyd be hikers but they'd be in a different area the the ski mountain part.

There are two hiking trails leading from the parking lot at the resort. It's a good place to start if you want to add some distance to your hike.

Not sure I totally follow that logic since there is plenty of trails running through and off of the mountain that could elongate your distance without starting from a trail on the mountain.

There was no events at the mountain that day as far as I know though. So I doubt it would be busy. thereyd be hikers but they'd be in a different area the the ski mountain part.

In the summer, there are hiking trails up from the base lodge. Mr. Carbuff has hiked them though I haven't.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mass...nvestigation_video_evidence.amp?client=safari

This is the only news article I've seen about the video, but they are citing the daily news

Eta: only news article I've seen besides the dailymail one

Would it be against TOS to post a screenshot of her running route? 2 runs back from 2015 show she actually went directly towards/into Wachusett (sp?)

What do you mean by towards/ into Wachusett? It's about 5 miles from her moms house. Do you mean she had a run to the mountain and within the trails and back?

I'm thinking the perp tried to burn her body because he knew his DNA was under her nails/else where but left too soon for fear that someone might see smoke coming from the woods. I think he thought her body would burn up along with his DNA. Someone up thread spoke of a follower of hers on Twitter. I looked into him and found it curious that a man with the same name/town graduated in 1980 but the guy looks in his 30's in the profile pic. I also find it curious that four of his six followers have sexy/sexual poses. Now that may mean nothing in today's world with social media. smh. Just throwing out thoughts.
The Twitter follower is around 30. I think he has family with the same name. He is a local man. He has a criminal record as well. Other details seem concerning to me too, but I don't want to speculate too much since I'm going off gut and small details and nothing that really puts him there.

I recall reading that either her body or the ground where she lay was "singed" FWIW

Where did you read that? I've read almost everything and haven't read anything like that. Id be interested of this is true though.

For what it's worth, a local police officer posted on Facebook that he worked the day the injured man showed up at Wachusett ski area and that he "wishes they checked their facts first" before writing that article. He said he knows the facts.

Confused by this...if a local Princeton cop was working Sunday when the man showed up at the mountain and therefor knows the facts about that incident....wouldn't he have kind of been a bit preoccupied with a missing jogger.....there are quite literally two maybe 4 cops and a dispatch working in Princeton at any given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13