MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused by this...if a local Princeton cop was working Sunday when the man showed up at the mountain and therefor knows the facts about that incident....wouldn't he have kind of been a bit preoccupied with a missing jogger.....there are quite literally two maybe 4 cops and a dispatch working in Princeton at any given time.
He's a Westminster cop.

Also, the accident occurred in Westminster, not Princeton.

Make sense. I thought it was weird when they said it was reported in the police log, because I hadn't seen anything about it in the landmark police log for Princeton.

Confused by this...if a local Princeton cop was working Sunday when the man showed up at the mountain and therefor knows the facts about that incident....wouldn't he have kind of been a bit preoccupied with a missing jogger.....there are quite literally two maybe 4 cops and a dispatch working in Princeton at any given time.

They called in local aid immediately -- state police, Worcester County sheriff's office, mutual aid officers from surrounding towns, off-duty people who came in. I think the Middlesex County sheriff's office loaned a bunch of specialized vehicles. There was a list in one of the early reports from before she was found, but when they found her, they took out the information about the search.

What do locals call it? We might as well use the proper terms.

The mountain, on or near which you will find the auto road to the summit, the hiking trails, the base lodge, the visitor center where the auto road and some of the trails start. People like me who aren't strictly local will refer to the ski area, meaning that entire side of the mountain. (ETA: apparently it wasn't clear to some people that some of those terms referred to parts of the mountain, not the whole thing. So I revised it to be clearer.)

There are some popular trails on the opposite side of the mountain from the ski area that don't start at the visitor center. I don't remember if that area has a name or not.

What do you mean by towards/ into Wachusett? It's about 5 miles from her moms house. Do you mean she had a run to the mountain and within the trails and back?

Looks like one started from brooks station and went 'towards' Wachusett. Traveled on mountain road then turned around-over 8 miles

Another started at mountain road to echo lake rd to administration rd to up summit rd then turn around-over 5 miles (this is inside the Wachusett Mountain State Reservation, as per google maps green indicator for parks)

Please do not sleuth anybody that may have some connection to Vanessa through SM. LE has yet to name a suspect or POI, so these these people are off limits according to Websleuth's rules regarding SM.

Not Allowed
Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

:tyou:

They called in local aid immediately -- state police, Worcester County sheriff's office, mutual aid officers from surrounding towns, off-duty people who came in. I think the Middlesex County sheriff's office loaned a bunch of specialized vehicles. There was a list in one of the early reports from before she was found, but when they found her, they took out the information about the search.

I know all that and have known all that from the beginning. As a local we were the first to hear she was missing. But what does that have to do with anything I just said previously?

The mountain, the auto road, the hiking trails, the base lodge, the visitor center where the auto road and some of the trails start, the summit. People like me who aren't strictly local will refer to the ski area, meaning that entire side of the mountain.

There are some popular trails on the opposite side of the mountain from the ski area that don't start at the visitor center. I don't remember if that area has a name or not.

The only two things locals refer to the mountain as is either "the mountain" or "wachuset" but most people say The Mountain because the local HS is Wachusett and that can be confusing.

No one local calls it any of those other things unless they are trying to explain something to someone who doesn't know the area.

Sorry KayElJay. Won't happen again. :couch:

Please do not sleuth anybody that may have some connection to Vanessa through SM. LE has yet to name a suspect or POI, so these these people are off limits according to Websleuth's rules regarding SM.

:tyou:

I know all that and have known all that from the beginning. As a local we were the first to hear she was missing. But what does that have to do with anything I just said previously?

You said Princeton didn't have enough manpower to have a cop covering the base lodge area, so I mentioned there were other resources helping out. It was more for the non-local people in the thread.

The only two things locals refer to the mountain as is either "the mountain" or "wachuset" but most people say The Mountain because the local HS is Wachusett and that can be confusing.

No one local calls it any of those other things unless they are trying to explain something to someone who doesn't know the area.

So what do you call the base lodge? <modsnip>

Sorry KayElJay. Won't happen again. :couch:

No worries :) I totally get how tempting SM can be! We just have to tread carefully (for now) & remember that WS rules are there for a reason. I can't even count how many times I've been uber suspicious of someone from looking through SM posts and that person turned out to be completely innocent.

You said Princeton didn't have enough manpower to have a cop covering the base lodge area, so I mentioned there were other resources helping out. It was more for the non-local people in the thread.

Yes but that doesn't mean the few Princeton PD on duty would have just turned their back on a MSP investigation to go check out a minor motorcycle accident at the mountain. Regardless it doesn't really matter because as we now know it happened in Westminster and didn't involve Princeton PD at all.

So what do you call the base lodge? <modsnip>

It's just "the mountain" .

If you say your going to the mountain in the winter everyone knows that means to ski and you park at the lodge. If you are going there in the summer everyone knows it's for hiking and you'd park at the state park lot. No distinction neccasary.

And biker bars just aren't a big part of the local culture when you grow up here, so so sorry for missing those but I didn't really grow up around biker culture.

No worries :) I totally get how tempting SM can be! We just have to tread carefully (for now) & remember that WS rules are there for a reason. I can't even count how many times I've been uber suspicious of someone from looking through SM posts and that person turned out to be completely innocent.

So true. I removed the only post I could find that was still up that I posted. I was on the Missy B thread and some things were allowed on there up to a point but we all see where that thread is now. I think SM plays a part in a lot of cases only because of the footprint it leaves behind and a large portion of the population is on SM. People can read a lot of things into what people post (like myself) and it may mean nothing and can be completely innocent.

Thanks for looking out for us, KayElJay!

It's just "the mountain" .

If you say your going to the mountain in the winter everyone knows that means to ski and you park at the lodge. If you are going there in the summer everyone knows it's for hiking and you'd park at the state park lot. No distinction neccasary.

And biker bars just aren't a big part of the local culture when you grow up here, so so sorry for missing those but I didn't really grow up around biker culture.

I appreciate your local insight, as I'm sure many others do, but just a small correction. The lot by the state park lot is frequently full on weekends and people do hike from the lodge. I prefer the state park entrance hikes myself but have done the lodge hikes. The bathrooms are definitely open to the public on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13