MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I HEARD this on Nancy Grace last night. They left with a brown bag so they were looking for something and found it, is what I recall her saying. Do you know if they have transcripts of that show?

Here's a transcript of Nancy Grace 08/11/16

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1608/11/ng.01.html

Thanks ~

O/T LAWL Sounds like the MURDERER JA is trying to get married 😡👺💩

But it states in the title it is unrelated???

Police say man with cuts at Wachusett Mountain was in motorcycle crash; 'unrelated' to Vanessa Marcotte killing

jmo :moo:

That was confirmation in my strained eyes, GeeEm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have strained eyes on my IPhone ☺️ lol

Thanks observation ~

Notice (warning for those with an aching heart); This visual is beyond what I wanted to see. It is the actual (or supposed) patch of singed grass/brush in a clearing. But thank you for the information on location.

jmo

I'm sorry. I'm going to go back and add a warning.

I'm actually shocked they got this image, and that they shared it.

I wish they'd share where on the road it is. I'm going up and down the road with the little Google map man, and it's a miracle the dog found her. I know they had some idea where she was from her jogging route and last ping, but it's still amazing she was found so quickly in that thick underbrush.

I wonder if tire tracks were noticable??

I wish they'd share where on the road it is. I'm going up and down the road with the little Google map man, and it's a miracle the dog found her. I know they had some idea where she was from her jogging route and last ping, but it's still amazing she was found so quickly in that thick underbrush.

I can't remember where I read it but I think she may have been found down a cart path wide enough for a car. I wonder if that was a more obvious area for them to search around.

This is the area it's believed she was found in... About 100 yards off the road, on the right side, heading north.

View attachment 99737
View attachment 99738
View attachment 99739

It was supposedly down a cart path according to one article. Which that photo looks to be. Based on other photos of where the guard rails are and police are and with Arial photos you can make out the likely location on the road the cart path is. I posted 3 pictures showing this location along the road a few posts back.

How do these DNA tests go? How long are they typically? Is the person of interest held in the meantime?

It was supposedly down a cart path according to one article. Which that photo looks to be. Based on other photos of where the guard rails are and police are and with Arial photos you can make out the likely location on the road the cart path is. I posted 3 pictures showing this location along the road a few posts back.

Yes, I believe this is the exact location of the trail (cart path).
If you enter the following coordinates into Bing maps you will find an even more recently captured street view than Google - complete with the broken yellow and black reflector as shown in news reports:
42.437811, -71.888749
https://www.bing.com/mapspreview
Image of street view from Bing:
Brooks Station Rd.png

How do these DNA tests go? How long are they typically? Is the person of interest held in the meantime?

RBBM

Help Tempura

Where does it state they have a POI??? I missed that.

Thanks ~

Yes, I believe this is the exact location of the trail (cart path).
If you enter the following coordinates into Bing maps you will find an even more recently captured street view than Google - complete with the broken yellow and black reflector as shown in news reports:
42.437811, -71.888749
https://www.bing.com/mapspreview
Image of street view from Bing:
View attachment 99743

Oh that's eerie :(

RBBM

Help Tempura

Where does it state they have a POI??? I missed that.

Thanks ~

http://m.wcvb.com/news/5-investigates-dna-submitted-for-testing-in-marcotte-murder-case/41179202

Investigates: DNA submitted for testing in Marcotte murder case

Investigators have submitted DNA samples for testing from at least one possible person of interest in the murder of Vanessa Marcotte, 5 Investigates learned Friday.

This comes just days after she disappeared close to her mother's home in Princeton.

Sources tell 5 Investigates that the individual is familiar with the area where Marcotte's body was found Sunday afternoon. 5 Investigates is not identifying the person because no one has been charged with a crime.

This could be a solid lead, but you have to remember the DA's office has received more than 450 tips and District Attorney Joe Early has said they're following every lead in the case.

Investigators believe Marcotte struggled with her killer and they are looking for tips from anyone who has seen a man with recent scratches, bruises, or other cuts.
The anonymous tip line is 508-453-7589.

The District Attorney wouldn't comment on our information but did say the public should be careful and vigilant.

They probably did a buccal swab, should take 1-3 days, and they can't hold them just because they are waiting for results. There has to be extenuating circumstances to hold the person.

Actually don't hold me to the last part of that, don't know Mass laws very well. They may be able to hold them for 24 hours if nothing else evidence wise could keep them there but would have to let them go after that.

It just occurred to me...could the person be associated with a local fire department? Either full time or as a volunteer?

http://m.wcvb.com/news/5-investigates-dna-submitted-for-testing-in-marcotte-murder-case/41179202

Investigates: DNA submitted for testing in Marcotte murder case

Investigators have submitted DNA samples for testing from at least one possible person of interest in the murder of Vanessa Marcotte, 5 Investigates learned Friday.

This comes just days after she disappeared close to her mother's home in Princeton.

Sources tell 5 Investigates that the individual is familiar with the area where Marcotte's body was found Sunday afternoon. 5 Investigates is not identifying the person because no one has been charged with a crime.

This could be a solid lead, but you have to remember the DA's office has received more than 450 tips and District Attorney Joe Early has said they're following every lead in the case.

Investigators believe Marcotte struggled with her killer and they are looking for tips from anyone who has seen a man with recent scratches, bruises, or other cuts.
The anonymous tip line is 508-453-7589.

The District Attorney wouldn't comment on our information but did say the public should be careful and vigilant.

LAWL, I read everything and I missed this article, oh I hope and pray they catch the perpetrator.

Thank you Tempura, for providing this for me, again I missed the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj