MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's compare the coincidences... Beautiful, female, dark hair, similar age, jogger, same time of day, both strangled?, both thin, semi close in proximity, can someone confirm each girls height?

That's around 10 coincidences and possibly more.. maybe y'all can name a few more? Seems like an awful lot of coincidences.

True but how many young women do you think are running on rural paths at any given? The chances of runners having similar physical types wouldn't be uncommon body wise....the chances of them being brunette wouldn't be that rare either, and the daylight hours would just be more common for a female to be running alone. An attractive female is also going to be targeted more readily, and a rural location gives better opportunity. Rape is usually the motive of an attack like that, and when they fight back, it leading to strangulation to quiet them seems relatively "common" as well.

While I agree that there are similarities they can also all be accounted for by coincidence pretty easily too.

That app sounds scary. Scary in the sense that anyone can follow your every move and target you. It's a shame they don't implement some safe guard for the users. Something like friending other runners/family and only they know your location. Apps like this one are perfect tools for stalker's.

There are privacy settings and oddly enough, it looks like after September 2015 VM changed her settings to keep her runs private. She was, however, still using the app since you can see updates from her in other features of the app.

I think you're being too literal about them being exact sisters. If you look at Vanessa's wetsuit pic, you can see she had a booty too but didn't flaunt it as much as Karina did.. all the more reason I am liking my gym guy for this since he would have personal, up close knowledge.
Also look at the two girls from the Chelsea King case.. You wouldn't think they are very similar but the best friend of the killer growing up saw a part of the killers ex in each girl Amber and Chelsea.

I am curious, Are you mostly interested in this case because you are local? Or are you interested in this case purely on the science of profiling, etc...? Reason I ask, is because in hundreds of other cases I've eyeballed, its hardly ever 'like for like' or exact but just similarities and coincidences.

So are you suggesting that gym guy knew both girls from a gym in NYC?

I was able to find Vanessa on the running app pretty easily but Karina I couldn't locate. Either she wasn't on there, private or the account was deactivated after her death.

Would you mind if I shared the link above about the FBI profiler on Karinas page or could you do so? Her being hit in the head with a rock is new info to me.

Of course you can share it there!

There are privacy settings and oddly enough, it looks like after September 2015 VM changed her settings to keep her runs private. She was, however, still using the app since you can see updates from her in other features of the app.

I wonder if something spooked her.

I agree that she's certainly not the only young person to move to NY from the area. I know I did it when I was about her age, and lived there for 5 years before moving back to the area. And I know almost every person i graduated with from Wachusett who moved there.

If you move to NY from this area though, you are going to live in Manhattan, or Brooklyn....maybe Hoboken. But it's unlikely to move to Queens. Which makes me wondering if it was a local who also lived in NYC, the chance of him living in or venturing to queens is slim.

I do however know two people (live together, both males) from a neighboring town who do live in queens, and I remember that specifically because my reaction was "why do you live there?"

I doubt if the connection is that they lived in Queens. I was thinking more along the lines of running club, or met at road race, or surfing or diving. That picture of Vanessa in the wet suit makes it look like running wasn't her only active interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt if the connection is that they lived in Queens. I was thinking more along the lines of running club, or met at road race, or surfing or diving. That picture of Vanessa in the wet suit makes it look like running wasn't her only active interest.

I meant that more in reference to the idea that the killer of VM and KV are one and the same.

I agree that the person who attacked her could be a fellow runner who could have met her on a road race...but I don't see how he would have known both of the girls. Vanessa did the Falmouth road race but I don't see Karina running that race for example.

Regarding the wetsuit, she could have been on vacation, or trying surfing with friends or taking a lesson....it might not neccasarily be something she does regularly.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worces.../fbi_profiler_on_vanessa_marcotte_killer.html
As investigators look for the killer of Vanessa Marcotte, a former FBI profiler says clues may be provided by the victim.
It's possible that one killer committed both deaths, Kirby said, though too early to know..."Serial killers will travel. It's a part of their ability to stay off the radar of law enforcement," she said, though cautioning no conclusions should be made

jmo

I see. So it does have some kind of privacy. I wasn't sure, it just seemed like an open book app.

I wonder if something spooked her.
It's certainly strange to deliberately change the settings like that. I've changed mine because of this whole thing, but it took something happening and for me to worry about my safety in order to change it.

I'm guessing they started to get worried btw 3-330, and started calling her and probably driving that loop around that time and then when they didn't see her started knocking on neighbors doors and calling police.

I'm assuming they expected her home by 3/330 at the latest to be ready to leave the house by 4 or just before.

[/QUOTE]

I am behind in reading. I think what has been fantastic in these recent missing young women in ohio, NY and here in MA is that LE has not questioned anything apparently.. no waiting so many hours etc ....but acting it appears immediately to locate the missing. The families also have been immediate to take notice too. They knew their children. And Thank you for your very informative posts.

Local news just said the DNA of the man they thought was connected came up empty.

5 Investigates: DNA submitted for testing in Marcotte murder case

DNA samples come from possible person of interest, sources say

"Sources tell 5 Investigates that the individual is familiar with the area where Marcotte's body was found Sunday afternoon. 5 Investigates is not identifying the person because no one has been charged with a crime."

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investigates-dna-submitted-for-testing-in-marcotte-murder-case/41179202

Yes that article came out and was posted here yesterday. But the local news just said the DNA wasn't a match with the person of interest.

So are you suggesting that gym guy knew both girls from a gym in NYC?

Here is my theory: Yes, This would be why... My thought as VM worked in NY and for these reasons...

- The archetype of the gym guy are commonly narcissist, sociopaths and possibly even psychopaths..
- If these two murders are related, your going to need someone strong enough to take on two fit, one possibly extremely fit women. One had her teeth bashed in and both were possibly strangled (at least one so far) which all requires a good amount of strength. If you notice male joggers are *not* usually beefy but normally much more lanky and lean albeit there are always exceptions. Again if you look at the Chelsea King case where she was murdered jogging, her killer was a pretty beefy guy as well.

In NY, do you guys have a touristy place like a venice beach area in New York? Obviously its not going to be large but maybe y'all can think of some spot that would match this idea in NY or MA even. Where perhaps both girls went to and maybe a favorite spot for our perp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson