MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be interesting to know when her mother moved to Princeton, though.

I also happen to know that this particular person had cousins that went to Bancroft (same school as Vanessa), they would have been older though. Bancroft is the best private school in the area hands down, so I'd think if you had your pick you'd go there. They are strictest on entrance tests though so you also have to be smart.

Questionable neighbor was her age, but behind her grade wise....so I'm thinking there could have been learning disabilities that might have left Bancroft out of contention. He also may have had other younger relatives that could have gone to Bancroft that would have been closer to his age, I'm unaware of. So that information also increases a potential they would have been familiar with each other.

Thinkhard, do you think your poi is the guy who is LE's suspect and had his DNA taken?

You are right I read the blasting news article wrong: "Authorities in Princeton have submitted a DNA sample for testing that could help in identifying the person who brutally attacked Vanessa Marcotte. The person of interest whose DNA was submitted, is reportedly "familiar" with the area where Vanessa Marcotte was killed. Detectives have also revealed that they've obtained surveillance footage that appears to show a "scratched and bruised man" around the area surrounding the discovery of Marcotte's body. He was also reportedly seen with an unidentified woman not long after the rape and murder of the once-missing jogger."

But It would be shoddy police work for them not to take this guys DNA. Unless they already have a hit with their other POI but i would expect an arrest if so

My guess is they dug into the story and know more then we do and there wasn't enough there to be suspicious enough to take DNA from.

Also As I stated his location is wrong if he had been coming from the crime scene. It took place in Westminster and he said he was on his way TO the mountain. The crime scene and Westminster are on opposite ends of the MNt from the crime scene....so if the guy was coming from the crime scene, for it to occur in Westminster he would have been driving away from the mountain, not towards it.

I'm assuming his injuries and perhaps any marks on the pavement matched his story and a police officer either witnessed it, or responded quickly (I can't quite decipher which).

I guess anything is a possibility, but I'm just thinking with the added evidence they have on this guy, they have carefully ruled him out...but who knows.

Thinkhard, do you think your poi is the guy who is LE's suspect and had his DNA taken?

It would line up with what's been reported...so perhaps....or maybe a family members?

I don't think you can arrest on familial results, but it might be enough to issue a warrant for direct testing....could be why we haven't heard anything yet....

It would line up with what's been reported...so perhaps....or maybe a family members?

I don't think you can arrest on familial results, but it might be enough to issue a warrant for direct testing....could be why we haven't heard anything yet....

Depends on the state I think, but it's been done. They got BTK by DNA testing his daughter's pap smear sample.

A familial match would be able to show degree of seperation though.

50% Parental/child or Sibling. 25% would be aunt/uncle, Niece/nephew, or grandparent. First cousins would be about 12.5%

Depends on the state I think, but it's been done. They got BTK by DNA testing his daughter's pap smear sample.

that might be a slightly different set of circumstances...since parent child relations show as 50%. So if she didn't have a brother and the DNA matched hers at about 50%...then his DNA is the ONLY possibility (knowing its male would eliminate a mother or a sister) However if they took DNA from an aunt or uncle or cousin or if he had siblings than a match would only guarantee a narrowed down suspect list....rather then just pointing to one specific person....that might be enough to issue a warrant for direct testing but not an arrest...hope that made sense.

No he doesn't. But that cop shares a surname of property owners that are neighbors to him.

Ah thanks, the neighbors across the road? or south, west, north, north eastish...i'd bet you mean south cuz with a name like that you have no hope

Ah thanks, the neighbors across the road? or south, west, north, north eastish...i'd bet you mean south cuz with a name like that you have no hope

She was found near Connors lane/old Connors lane. Focus on the properties near there.

I remember someone on here said within the last couple days that the rumor floating around town was the police were narrowing in on their target, any verification/updates on this?

Just a brief comment- thinkhard.. If I ever go missing or a family member, I hope you are sleuthing the case. You have quite a few excellent resources you've shared for VM. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a brief comment- thinkhard.. If I ever go missing or a family member, I hope you are sleuthing the case. You have quite a few excellent resources you've shared for VM. [emoji3]

Yes. Props to thinkhard! You're amazing sleuth already! Impressive:)

Ok here's a theory:

Say Princeton local who moved to Queens had been going through a rough time recently or over the past year or so (could be any number of reasons why; drugs, mental illness, trauma, life circumstance, who knows), but say life leads to a place where he ended up in a spontaneous and rageful crime against KV. Then he comes home to Princeton to grey away.

Vanessa from her tutor background seems to me like the type of person that would be there for a friend in need of if she knew someone was in trouble, and certainly not someone to turn her back on a friend asking for help or to talk.

Perhaps VM didn't feel like explains what her friend was going through to family, or perhaps her family thought this kid was a little bit of trouble. So she says she's going for a run and actually walks to his house to talk.

What if in the course of this talk Princeton/Queens guy confesses to KV's murder and Vanessa who can see there might be some serious mental issues going on, encourages him to turn himself in and get help. But maybe this terrifies him because it would shame his family so he flips and kills Vanessa. Not having planned to kill Vanessa, he panicks and tries to make the crime look like a stranger pulled her off the road.

Wait, so you're changing your theory/profile? Reading thread #1, your earlier theory was that these were not related in no way shape or form. So much for profiling these days. In my opinion, it does no good to anyone to list reasons of why something could have been done "drugs, mental illness, trauma, life circumstance", solar flares, global warming, etc..

Since we don't have all the details, to me its even more important to stick to the profile because there are fundamental reasons why killers do certain things, like pick a two victims that in some pics, look almost identical or the process of escalation and many other things they had in common. Looking back at thread #1, some people thought they were connected and were listing similarities which I recall you casting lots of doubt. I believe nobody know's if they are connected or not, but I will not shape-shift just to sound wise.

Ha thanks!

This case is just weird. Happening in Princeton literally just seems unfathomable. I know everyone says that when it happens near them but it's just so true for here. It really is this picture perfect kind of sanctuary.

In this area there are five towns that in many ways act like one big town with 5 seperate sections, each with there own characteristics and stereotypes. All 5 towns have separate k-8 schools but all the kids come together in HS and you end up spending a lot of time in all of them because your friends end up living in all of them. Plus most everyone grows up skiing and hiking the MNt.

This crime has rocked the whole wachusett community pretty hard. Of all the five towns Princeton was like this little slice of heaven...and it almost feels like we as a community have been personally violated. Like it's somehow robbed us of Princetons innocence.

Wait, so you're changing your theory/profile? Reading thread #1, your earlier theory was that these were not related in no way shape or form. So much for profiling these days. In my opinion, it does no good to anyone to list reasons of why something could have been done "drugs, mental illness, trauma, life circumstance", solar flares, global warming, etc..

Since we don't have all the details, to me its even more important to stick to the profile because there are fundamental reasons why killers do certain things, like pick a two victims that in some pics, look almost identical or the process of escalation and many other things they had in common. Looking back at thread #1, some people thought they were connected and were listing similarities which I recall you casting lots of doubt. I believe nobody know's if they are connected or not, but I will not shape-shift just to sound wise.

All theories change when new information comes into play.

And as I said when I first starting talking about that new information, your right I absolutely didn't believe these two cases were at all related (and I still do not in the way they were being presented at the time).

However given this new information I proposed that scenario as a possibility.

I do not think these girls were stalked and purposely chosen because of there similar characteristics however. And I do not think someone stalked VM from NY.

Ha thanks!

This case is just weird. Happening in Princeton literally just seems unfathomable. I know everyone says that when it happens near them but it's just so true for here. It really is this picture perfect kind of sanctuary.

In this area there are five towns that in many ways act like one big town with 5 seperate sections, each with there own characteristics and stereotypes. All 5 towns have separate k-8 schools but all the kids come together in HS and you end up spending a lot of time in all of them because your friends end up living in all of them. Plus most everyone grows up skiing and hiking the MNt.

This crime has rocked the whole wachusett community pretty hard. Of all the five towns Princeton was like this little slice of heaven...and it almost feels like we as a community have been personally violated. Like it's somehow robbed us of Princetons innocence.

I really hope that justice will come to VM, her family and your community swiftly.

He changed his theory because he found an individual who is from on/near property who lives in Queens. A good sleuth adapts with the evidence and looks into all possibilities rather than sticking their foot in the mud. Is profiling even that useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste