MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:stop:

Stop with the personal attacks! If you disagree with someone or with something somebody says, you have three options...
1.) respectfully attack the POST, not the poster
2.) scroll & roll on by the post
3.) use the ignore feature

Personalizing violates WS rules & TOS. Time outs may be issued, so please review the rules and think before you post. I'd like to believe everyone is here because they are interested in justice for Vanessa & her friends and family, so nothing is accomplished by derailing the thread by shifting the focus to another WS member. Thanks!!

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...estioned-Him-in-Joggers-Murder-390360461.html
necn Exclusive: Man Claims Police Questioned Him in Jogger's Murder
August 16, 2016
[…]
Police would not say if the man is a lead or a person of interest, but he tells necn they took a swab of his DNA Saturday.
"I consented because I've got nothing to hide," he said.
[…]

Interesting that he says they took it Saturday. The news about DNA being tested came out on Friday....so I don't think that story about testing DNA is about the same person....sounds to me more of an indication they have perhaps submitted DNA from multiple people.

Sounds like they still have nothing. I was hoping by now there would be requests for specific vehicles or a profile of the suspect, but it increasingly seems like no one saw anything somehow. Maybe she got blitzed somehow and removed from the road in a matter of seconds. A couple of POIs who are happy to provide their DNA and even talk to the paper isn't much.

Thinkhard, do you think your poi is the guy who is LE's suspect and had his DNA taken?

Interesting that he says they took it Saturday. The news about DNA being tested came out on Friday....so I don't think that story about testing DNA is about the same person....sounds to me more of an indication they have perhaps submitted DNA from multiple people.
Says he was home alone watching tv...

Says he was home alone watching tv...

I don't think who the news reported DNA being tested on Friday, was referring to the same person who came forward in this article because he states his DNA was taken Saturday, so the news reported wouldn't have known about him yet.

Also person that has a few too many coincidences in this case is unlikely to be the person in that article because I don't believe he has a job in the area.

I posted on Karina's thread a couple of days ago, wondering if both of these ladies could have been stalked by someone who followed both of them on social media. I am now wondering how public they were with the details of their daily lives. For instance, did VM frequently visit home (in MA) and post details of these visits publicly? Does anyone know? I am wondering now if Karina's murder was an attempt to see if they, the stalker, could actually over-take and kill VM. If it was someone from the Queens area who had planned to go to MA in the next week with the intent to kill VM this seems possible. How they would know that K would be jogging alone that day I cannot say. Were details of her fathers back surgery public knowledge on social media or to locals? Typing on my phone sorry for typos.

Eta by details of visits I mean the places that VM frequented, the areas she ran in. Was the terrain similar to the terrain that Karina ran on.

Wait, the person that In the Details is talking about?

Hey, I don't think I've talked about anyone!

(Busy day for me and I haven't been on WS today. Maybe I forgot something from yesterday....though I really don't recall anyone I had in mind.)

Long time time lurker, first time posting. I'm not implying this guy did it and he very well may have nothing to do with the case, but it isn't a very reliable alibi sitting home alone watching tv. Also, I know some criminals and psychopaths think they are invincible and smarter then cops, and sometimes they talk to the police and media (Scott Peterson comes to mind). They think putting themselves out there and saying they have nothing to hide makes them look innocent. Again, police have DNA and can rule him in or out, but just because he is out there talking, doesn't make him innocent.

Hey, I don't think I've talked about anyone!

(Busy day for me and I haven't been on WS today. Maybe I forgot something from yesterday....though I really don't recall anyone I had in mind.)
Ha ha! Oops. I meant ThinkHard. Sorry!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I posted on Karina's thread a couple of days ago, wondering if both of these ladies could have been stalked by someone who followed both of them on social media. I am now wondering how public they were with the details of their daily lives. For instance, did VM frequently visit home (in MA) and post details of these visits publicly? Does anyone know? I am wondering now if Karina's murder was an attempt to see if they, the stalker, could actually over-take and kill VM. If it was someone from the Queens area who had planned to go to MA in the next week with the intent to kill VM this seems possible. How they would know that K would be jogging alone that day I cannot say. Were details of her fathers back surgery public knowledge on social media or to locals? Typing on my phone sorry for typos.

Eta by details of visits I mean the places that VM frequented, the areas she ran in. Was the terrain similar to the terrain that Karina ran on.

It's my personal feeling, as a local, that the person would have to have been familiar with the area. If it was someone unfamiliar with the area they would have to have done considerable amount of planning which would require an organized killer, yet neither crime scene appears particularly sophisticated or well thought out. So I have trouble reconciling the imbalance of having to be highly organized on one hand but disorganized in the execution and disposal.

If these crimes are connected it feels to me like it's far more likely that this person is a local who lives in NYC and was home that weekend, rather then someone who stalked these women via social media. Just my two scents.

Has anyone called in a tip about the suspicious guy we've been discussing?

I know this case has touched my heart deeply, and I hope there is a resolution soon for Vanessa Marcotte.

That is why I asked the questions above. Could this person have had the intent to be in MA all along to murder VM? Possibly they are local to that area but also familiar with the Queens area where they murdered KV. And also able to track movements and routine via social media.

I can't access the thanks button via phone, but thank you for your response.

That is why I asked the questions above. Could this person have had the intent to be in MA all along to murder VM? Possibly they are local to that area but also familiar with the Queens area where they murdered KV. And also able to track movements and routine via social media.

I can't access the thanks button via phone, but thank you for your response.

There is a neighbor who's Vanessa age that presently lives in queens. Which is a very very strange coincidence.

However I don't think he stalked these girls on social media, so I'm not sure I quite see this crime the same way you mighyz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member