MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, generally speaking, to stalk and plan a crime is completely different than actually carrying one out. I can see how someone could be vet adept at staking yet panicked when committing a crime and the reality that comes with that. Younger people nowadays (I sound so old) are very comfortable with tracking each other.

In other words in my opinion I'm not convinced either of these mutders were so much planned. I think he might have been in MA but I don't think he was in MA to kill VM.

Ok, thanks. I was only trying to make sense of how someone would know where and when to place these women.

Also, generally speaking, to stalk and plan a crime is completely different than actually carrying one out. I can see how someone could be vet adept at staking yet panicked when committing a crime and the reality that comes with that. Younger people nowadays (I sound so old) are very comfortable with tracking each other.

Knowing the area, the MO's just don't line up in my mind for planned crimes.

In reply to thinkhard, got it!

My quotes aren't working either.

Ok, thanks. I was only trying to make sense of how someone would know where and when to place these women.

One of my thoughts is that VM new this person and perhaps for some reason willingly met up with him.

this once active person on social media has seemed to have withdrawn over the past ur and half. That may mean nothing but it could also mean he was dealing with stuff or going through something (Possibilities of course could be drugs or mental illness or any number of other things).

Perhaps a combo of something he was going through and circumstance led him to kill Karina, then he fleed home. And when he was home either got the bug again, or intentionally met with Vanessa and then lost his cool over something?

I dunno just a possible way they could be tied together.

That makes sense too. So, Karina could have been a random victim, it could have been any woman running alone on that trail who was attacked that day. The fact that her father was not with her was bad luck and not something that the murderer knew to expect that day. Is that more along the lines of what you are thinking?

That makes sense too. So, Karina could have been a random victim, it could have been any woman running alone on that trail who was attacked that day. The fact that her father was not with her was bad luck and not something that the murderer knew to expect that day. Is that more along the lines of what you are thinking?

Yes something along those lines. But of course I could be dead wrong, and of course my take could always change with new information.

I think that because there are some striking similarities between these two women I have the urge to think that they were not randomly chosen. But of course I could be wrong, what you have suggested also makes sense.

Thinkhard, thank you for discussing this with me, it's good to bounce ideas around.

One of my thoughts is that VM new this person and perhaps for some reason willingly met up with him.

this once active person on social media has seemed to have withdrawn over the past ur and half. That may mean nothing but it could also mean he was dealing with stuff or going through something (Possibilities of course could be drugs or mental illness or any number of other things).

Perhaps a combo of something he was going through and circumstance led him to kill Karina, then he fleed home. And when he was home either got the bug again, or intentionally met with Vanessa and then lost his cool over something?

I dunno just a possible way they could be tied together.

what makes you say this person was active and then withdrawn the last year and half. Do you know this person? It's odd you say year and half....isn't that how long VM worked at her job and lived in NYC. JMO..thinking outloud.

I think that because there are some striking similarities between these two women I have the urge to think that they were not randomly chosen. But of course I could be wrong, what you have suggested also makes sense.

I do agree that there are definetly coincidences. But a lot of those coincidences could account for a good number of female runners as well. Most of the coincidences are rather general and less specific....which makes me question if those really are a clue or just random.

Yes something along those lines. But of course I could be dead wrong, and of course my take could always change with new information.

ThinkHard - do you know in which part of Queens this person resides? Queens is pretty big. I was able to figure out a name from the info you provided but I haven't found the connection to Queens.

Regarding the POI who talked to NECN, wouldn't a fight with one's mother severe enough to make one skip work qualify as what John Douglas (I think -- possibly some other profiler) calls something like an inciting incident or stressor? No opinion on that guy other than noting that -- and, yeah, if he's cool enough to talk to a camera after having DNA taken, he's probably innocent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what makes you say this person was active and then withdrawn the last year and half. Do you know this person? It's odd you say year and half....isn't that how long VM worked at her job and lived in NYC. JMO..thinking outloud.

Just via their social media. They were very active on multiple platforms in both a personal and professional way then nothing after early 2015.

Bye that's an interesting observation about the time line....I solos one theory could be that he somehow become interested/obsessed with her around that time? If they did know each other from home, and she moved to the city, it would make complete sense she would reach out to him or him her when she moved there.

ThinkHard - do you know in which part of Queens this person resides? Queens is pretty big. I was able to figure out a name from the info you provided but I haven't found the connection to Queens.

I don't know where in queens other then his Facebook says he lives in queens.

Regarding the POI who talked to NECN, wouldn't a fight with one's mother severe enough to make one skip work qualify as what John Douglas (I think -- possibly some other profiler) calls something like an inciting incident or stressor? No opinion on that guy other than noting that -- and, yeah, if he's cool enough to talk to a camera after having DNA taken, he's probably innocent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't he miss work in Monday? I thought he got in a fight with his mother the same day he skipped work. If VM disappeared on Sunday, and wouldn't think a fight happening the following day would be an inciting factor for murder the previous day.

However maybe the fight was because he was already in a funk over commiting murder the day before and his mom was getting under his skin.

I don't know where in queens other then his Facebook says he lives in queens.

Did he post any pics of Howard Beach or Rockaway? Youngsters moving to Queens often move to Long Island City, Woodside, and Forest Hills because of the easy commute into NYC. Those areas aren't anywhere near Howard Beach.

No he doesn't. But that cop shares a surname of property owners that are neighbors to him.

Looks like the property you are talking about last sold on 11/04/2002. So VM would have been 13 when the new owners moved in. Did VM live there as a teen?

Hi everyone. I'm new to WS and I've been reading the KV and VM threads. I'm not really sure I'm even commenting correctly, so please forgive me if I'm not. I'm not far from Howard Beach at all, so I've taken an interest in the KV case since day 1. I also happen to have friends of friends of the Vetrano family. Today I was reading a post from fox 5 ny regarding VM's funeral and KV's grandma replied to a comment made by a woman saying she believes there's a connection between the two cases. The grandmother stated "you're not the only one" so I'm wondering if the family is just suspicious or if they have some info linking the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member