MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He changed his theory because he found an individual who is from on/near property who lives in Queens. A good sleuth adapts with the evidence and looks into all possibilities rather than sticking their foot in the mud. Is profiling even that useful?

Profiling is a lot more useful than waiting for information to come out and changing your opinion. If that's the case, then I'm absolutely brilliant, I know who killed Joni Lenz, it was Ted Bundy!

All theories change when new information comes into play.

And as I said when I first starting talking about that new information, your right I absolutely didn't believe these two cases were at all related (and I still do not in the way they were being presented at the time).

However given this new information I proposed that scenario as a possibility.

I do not think these girls were stalked and purposely chosen because of there similar characteristics however. And I do not think someone stalked VM from NY.

Profiles really shouldn't change but theories can... If you profile this to be a white male and it turns out to be a mexican male, you don't change the profile to match the race, you just used statistics of thousands of other cases that tell you its most likely a white male.

Profiling is a lot more useful than waiting for information to come out and changing your opinion. If that's the case, then I'm absolutely brilliant, I know who killed Joni Lenz, it was Ted Bundy!

No information came out. I was doing some research and came across a startling connection that took me by surprise. It was this piece of information that made me re-evaluate possibilities.

Profiles really shouldn't change but theories can... If you profile this to be a white male and it turns out to be a mexican male, you don't change the profile to match the race, you just used statistics of thousands of other cases that tell you its most likely a white male.

Well on that note my profile of the perp hasn't changed at all. My profiles connection to queens is what made me change my opinion on a possible connection however.

The profile I have never seen in this case and still do not is the theory that someone stalked these girls and followed Vanessa to Princeton. I do not believe the kills are an escalation, that is not what I personally see in the evidence as we know it.

The biggest disconnect for me is that it would take a considerable amount of planning to have stalked and murdered both of these girls for a serial killer to have done so in an area or areas they were unfamiliar with, pointing to a peep with a more sophisticated MO. Yet the crimes themselves lack any sophistication what so ever, they seem disorganized. So I don't see how you would have a killer display so much organization in the planning and stalking but failing to carry out any level of organization commiting the crime itself or in the states and locations in which the bodies were left.

Wait, so you're changing your theory/profile? Reading thread #1, your earlier theory was that these were not related in no way shape or form. So much for profiling these days. In my opinion, it does no good to anyone to list reasons of why something could have been done "drugs, mental illness, trauma, life circumstance", solar flares, global warming, etc..

Since we don't have all the details, to me its even more important to stick to the profile because there are fundamental reasons why killers do certain things, like pick a two victims that in some pics, look almost identical or the process of escalation and many other things they had in common. Looking back at thread #1, some people thought they were connected and were listing similarities which I recall you casting lots of doubt. I believe nobody know's if they are connected or not, but I will not shape-shift just to sound wise.
People often change their theory based on new information, insight, etc. I think in many cases you'll see different theories in thread #1 and say, thread #2.

All theories change when new information comes into play.

And as I said when I first starting talking about that new information, your right I absolutely didn't believe these two cases were at all related (and I still do not in the way they were being presented at the time).

However given this new information I proposed that scenario as a possibility.

I do not think these girls were stalked and purposely chosen because of there similar characteristics however. And I do not think someone stalked VM from NY.

Any word on if the owners of the land and their son were home that weekend. Maybe they heard something.

Just started reading. Is there a POI yet? TIA

All the police are saying is they are testing some DNA. We don't even know where the DNA is from? The police seem to be keeping everything quiet. Have they had any news presses lately? Maybe they aren't saying anything to the public...not to scare the perp away. JMO

We poke holes in each other's theories all day long. It's a sleuthing forum! ;)

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Any word on if the owners of the land and their son were home that weekend. Maybe they heard something.
I'm thinking LE went to every house on that land and questioned them if they heard/saw anything or if they had cameras. I'm hoping this is where the land owner has given LE DNA for their son because they found him suspicious.

He should be back in the area today and the next for a relatives funeral. So should be interesting if in fact he is a POI if he shows up to the area.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Moving on... Does anyone think after her memorial we will get more information?

And I'm still in the dark about the POI everyone is discussing. Haha, I'm not sure where to start to figure that one out. It's intriguing though!

Necn just interviewed the poi, sorry I don't know how to copy links with my phone. They didn't give his name, just that he was local, young and skipped work on Monday. The fact he voluntarily gave him the dna and that it has been 3 or 4 days tells me he is not the guy.

Necn just interviewed the poi, sorry I don't know how to copy links with my phone. They didn't give his name, just that he was local, young and skipped work on Monday. The fact he voluntarily gave him the dna and that it has been 3 or 4 days tells me he is not the guy.
Wait, the person that In the Details is talking about?

Moving on... Does anyone think after her memorial we will get more information?

And I'm still in the dark about the POI everyone is discussing. Haha, I'm not sure where to start to figure that one out. It's intriguing though!

Yeah kind sucks they don't keep us posted. I am sure they have their reasons tho. I almost want to submit a long shot tip but feel like waiting until we hear more info about this POI only because I'm almost certain that I am wrong in my tip but still feel the urge to submit it.

Yeah kind sucks they don't keep us posted. I am sure they have their reasons tho. I almost want to submit a long shot tip but feel like waiting until we hear more info about this POI only because I'm almost certain that I am wrong in my tip but still feel the urge to submit it.
I understand and agree with their reasons for not giving the public more information. Unfortunately, I'm still impatient sometimes. :)

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...estioned-Him-in-Joggers-Murder-390360461.html
necn Exclusive: Man Claims Police Questioned Him in Jogger's Murder
http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...estioned-Him-in-Joggers-Murder-390360461.html
necn Exclusive: Man Claims Police Questioned Him in Jogger's Murder
August 16, 2016
[…]
Police would not say if the man is a lead or a person of interest, but he tells necn they took a swab of his DNA Saturday.
"I consented because I've got nothing to hide," he said.
[…]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member