MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the fire case in Washington DC - that horrific case where the family was killed, LE collected DNA from a discarded pizza crust.

I'm guessing a defense lawyer would try to fight it, but that's a case I do recall it happening, FWIW.

There was a fire in Washington?

That's not legal at all and only happens on TV. It doesn't matter if it's discarded trash, they can't use it against someone because it cannot be handled properly before collecting it.

Not true... That's partially how they caught the Grim Reaper serial killer out of Los Angeles. His son's DNA was collected for a different crime I think and it had common 'alleles' with cold case murders. They followed the dad to a restaurant and collected his DNA via pizza crust and arrested him. It's possible, they could have filed for a warrant prior, but then why go through the cloak and dagger to nab it from his left over dinner?

There was a fire in Washington?

The Savopoulos husband, wife, child, and housekeeper were held hostage, killed, and their house was set on fire in Washington DC. It is not a current case - it was such a big case I followed, I assumed everyone was familiar with it. The perp ordered pizza during the ordeal and didn't eat the crust. His DNA was obtained by the crust, but as a wise WSer pointed out above, it fell under a search warrant (I didn't remember that part....just the unfinished crust part).

The DC case had NOTHING to do with Vanessa, but to the DNA discussion we are having.

hth

Not true... That's partially how they caught the Grim Reaper serial killer out of Los Angeles. His son's DNA was collected for a different crime I think and it had common 'alleles' with cold case murders. They followed the dad to a restaurant and collected his DNA via pizza crust and arrested him. It's possible, they could have filed for a warrant prior, but then why go through the cloak and dagger to nab it from his left over dinner?

Because chain of custody will be primary in any trial. When DNA evidence is presented it is always challenged on efficacy of the collection procedures, testing protocols and statistics of accuracy.

Yeah pizza crust in the trash is laughable. Just as a janitor I could shoot that down in open court.

MOO

The Savopoulos husband, wife, child, and housekeeper were held hostage, killed, and their house was set on fire in Washington DC. It is not a current case - it was such a big case I followed, I assumed everyone was familiar with it. The perp ordered pizza during the ordeal and didn't eat the crust. His DNA was obtained by the crust, but as a wise WSer pointed out above, it fell under a search warrant (I didn't remember that part....just the unfinished crust part).

The DC case had NOTHING to do with Vanessa, but to the DNA discussion we are having.

hth

Thanks, but still no link, LOL

Because chain of custody will be primary in any trial. When DNA evidence is presented it is always challenged on efficacy of the collection procedures, testing protocols and statistics of accuracy.

Yeah pizza crust in the trash is laughable. Just as a janitor I could shoot that down in open court.

MOO

Here's an article about how the pizza crust led to finding the perp. It was such a horrific case that I cannot find anything laughable about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lice-to-a-suspect-in-the-d-c-mansion-murders/
"How a Domino’s pizza crust led police to a suspect in mysterious D.C. slayings"

Anyway, back to the topic on hand. We don't even know what's happening with Vanessa's perp's DNA. I wish we did.

:wave:

Looks like we have several newer members discussing this case. Please take a moment to review the rules found linked in my signature. Thanks tlcya

Here's an article about how the pizza crust led to finding the perp. It was such a horrific case that I cannot find anything laughable about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lice-to-a-suspect-in-the-d-c-mansion-murders/
"How a Domino’s pizza crust led police to a suspect in mysterious D.C. slayings"

Anyway, back to the topic on hand. We don't even know what's happening with Vanessa's perp's DNA. I wish we did.

I understand that it's how they found him but that cannot be used to CONVICT him.

MOO

I understand that it's how they found him but that cannot be used to CONVICT him.

MOO

Yes, I understand. IIRC, he hasn't been to trial yet. I stopped following because it just was too heartbreaking.

The cart path was apparently "wide enough for a car".

I've heard that too, but could a car/truck traverse it?

I'm starting to wonder if this was perhaps a roadside abduction attempt, and she tried to escape via this cart path. Which would then indicate that the perp doesn't necessarily need to be local.

Yes, I understand. IIRC, he hasn't been to trial yet. I stopped following because it just was too heartbreaking.

Inthedetails, coincidentally, Darron Wint will finally be in court this week for the slaughter of the savopoulos family, and the DNA
from the pizza put him in the home, which led to his arrest. That case brought me to WS.

On the first thread here, my profile focused being a strong male most likely with a previous violent past. Not just anyone can or is willing to punch out a girls teeth. Also, these girls were fit and in shape and must have been someone strong to over power them. This is why I really like a direct/indirect gym person. The stout, socio/psyco-path, narcissistic type.

Even though odds and other WS are against me, I still feel this case is related to Karina's NY incident. Why you ask? More than 10 coincidences and these girls just seem too related via looks and as strong individuals. We were also able to put both victims within a few miles from each other in NY.

I also believe that the reason for the fire with Vanessa, is that he's escalating, fine-tuning his craft after realizing the mistakes he made in NY. I also have found someone that matched my profile hanging out at the vigils. He appears to come alone to the vigil, matches my description (in my profile), and in the live video of the vigil, he appears to be possibly smiling. It's a longshot but I called the tip line on Saturday morning.

Guys I totally get how hard it is to know about DNA being collected but nothing else. Frustration levels rise. Please remember everyone here wants Justice for this young lady. For a thread with a little over 100 posts there have been a lot of alerts.

Base your theories and speculation in the facts as we know them via the main stream media and law enforcement statements. Please be prepared to provide links if asked and in general - be kind and respectful to one another if your theories differ. Don't post rumors and don't sleuth people not named as suspects or persons of interest (which is basically everyone right now since police haven't named any).

On the first thread here, my profile focused being a strong male most likely with a previous violent past. Not just anyone can or is willing to punch out a girls teeth. Also, these girls were fit and in shape and must have been someone strong to over power them. This is why I really like a direct/indirect gym person. The stout, socio/psyco-path, narcissistic type.

Even though odds and other WS are against me, I still feel this case is related to Karina's NY incident. Why you ask? More than 10 coincidences and these girls just seem too related via looks and as strong individuals. We were also able to put both victims within a few miles from each other in NY.

I also believe that the reason for the fire with Vanessa, is that he's escalating, fine-tuning his craft after realizing the mistakes he made in NY. I also have found someone that matched my profile hanging out at the vigils. He appears to come alone to the vigil, matches my description (in my profile), and in the live video of the vigil, he appears to be possibly smiling. It's a longshot but I called the tip line on Saturday morning.
The vigils for Vanessa or Karina? Or are you saying the person was at both?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's not legal at all and only happens on TV. It doesn't matter if it's discarded trash, they can't use it against someone because it cannot be handled properly before collecting it.

Where did you get these ideas? I've watched numerous true crime shows and these methods are used all the time.

What? Nobody said DNA can not be used to convict him.

This was an ongoing discussion about DNA collection. If you want to follow the conversation, you'll have to scroll back. We went off on a bit of a tangent.

:)

A couple hundred people participated in the community jog for Vanessa this evening in Princeton. It was oppressively hot and humid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody