MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I rarely follow these cases. Past cases I've followed were solved in a week or less, so I was hoping the fact this was taking a bit longer shouldn't be concerning. I really do hope this won't fall under the unsolved category though. The fact that the police haven"t asked for anything new besides who was on brooks station between 1-3 still doesn't sound promising

They've gotten over 600 tips. I hope they're just working through all of them. They saw a big increase in calls after telling the public to look for a man with scratches.

Ok here's a theory:

Say Princeton local who moved to Queens had been going through a rough time recently or over the past year or so (could be any number of reasons why; drugs, mental illness, trauma, life circumstance, who knows), but say life leads to a place where he ended up in a spontaneous and rageful crime against KV. Then he comes home to Princeton to grey away.

Vanessa from her tutor background seems to me like the type of person that would be there for a friend in need of if she knew someone was in trouble, and certainly not someone to turn her back on a friend asking for help or to talk.

Perhaps VM didn't feel like explains what her friend was going through to family, or perhaps her family thought this kid was a little bit of trouble. So she says she's going for a run and actually walks to his house to talk.

What if in the course of this talk Princeton/Queens guy confesses to KV's murder and Vanessa who can see there might be some serious mental issues going on, encourages him to turn himself in and get help. But maybe this terrifies him because it would shame his family so he flips and kills Vanessa. Not having planned to kill Vanessa, he panicks and tries to make the crime look like a stranger pulled her off the road.

Ok here's a theory:

Say Princeton local who moved to Queens had been going through a rough time recently or over the past year or so (could be any number of reasons why; drugs, mental illness, trauma, life circumstance, who knows), but say life leads to a place where he ended up in a spontaneous and rageful crime against KV. Then he comes home to Princeton to grey away.

Vanessa from her tutor background seems to me like the type of person that would be there for a friend in need of if she knew someone was in trouble, and certainly not someone to turn her back on a friend asking for help or to talk.

Perhaps VM didn't feel like explains what her friend was going through to family, or perhaps her family thought this kid was a little bit of trouble. So she says she's going for a run and actually walks to his house to talk.

What if in the course of this talk Princeton/Queens guy confesses to KV's murder and Vanessa who can see there might be some serious mental issues going on, encourages him to turn himself in and get help. But maybe this terrifies him because it would shame his family so he flips and kills Vanessa. Not having planned to kill Vanessa, he panicks and tries to make the crime look like a stranger pulled her off the road.

I do think the two murders could be connected and I do think it could be a Princeton neighbor, but I still believe he was a stranger to VM. I don't think the two of them would have gotten to know each other. I think of the killer as being a loner and I don't think he would have even attempted to forge a friendship with VM. I think he'd consider her as being out of his league, and I think he'd hold a lot of resentment for beautiful women because of this belief. Of course this is just me speculating.

Holy crap! I just saw on the news the Odgren is currently out on bail because he's appeing his conviction!!!!

Like literally it just popped up on evening news.

Trying to follow-up on the local who was rumored to be out on bail yesterday:
An inmate search on VINELink (a victim info database) shows only one person of that name in the MA prison system and his status is: In Custody (NCCI Gardner Med Sec)

https://vinelink.com/#/search

ETA: I hope the info contained on this site is up-to-date! It would seem odd that a convicted murder (even a juvenile, and taking in to account new laws) would be released on bail pending an appeal. I can find no mention of it in today's media which seems odd as the case caused quite a stir.

Whoa I just read int he KV thread that the someone who's from the land VM was found on, or very nearby lives in Queens! Is this old news? I hadnt considered the possibility they were related until now

Whoa I just read int he KV thread that the someone who's from the land VM was found on, or very nearby lives in Queens! Is this old news? I hadnt considered the possibility they were related until now
I do hope the information has been shared with Police although it's hard to imagine from their comments that they don't know..

They've gotten over 600 tips. I hope they're just working through all of them. They saw a big increase in calls after telling the public to look for a man with scratches.

That's great! Maybe something will come of this.

Yeah, JO is still in jail. I sincerely doubt that a) he'll be let out and b) he'd commit this type of crime.

An inmate search on VINELink (a victim info database) shows only one person of that name in the MA prison system and his status is: In Custody (NCCI Gardner Med Sec)

ETA: I hope the info contained on this site is up-to-date! It would seem odd that a convicted murder (even a juvenile, and taking in to account new laws) would be released on bail pending an appeal. I can find no mention of it in today's media which seems odd as the case caused quite a stir.
Yes, I couldn't find anything to indicate he was out either...good work. I didn't know about that site you linked.

Someone did alert us to this here..sorry OP, I've forgotten just who. It's astounding, isn't it?

I do think the two murders could be connected and I do think it could be a Princeton neighbor, but I still believe he was a stranger to VM. I don't think the two of them would have gotten to know each other. I think of the killer as being a loner and I don't think he would have even attempted to forge a friendship with VM. I think he'd consider her as being out of his league, and I think he'd hold a lot of resentment for beautiful women because of this belief. Of course this is just me speculating.

The person in consideration is the same age as her, he also went to the all boys HS in the area, his family is an old townie family on both sides, they aren't poor .... What makes you think he would have felt Vanessa was out of his league?

Yes cambug, Queens is pretty big though. Someone from princeton said on here that everyone moves to the city, and with rent the way it is in manhattan and brooklyn I'm sure a lot more people are renting in Queens. Howard Beach isn't typically where someone from MA would rent I don't think, I think most people who move to NY probably never end up over in that hood. But you never know, if it's true it's certainly something i would look into. Seems a little obvious though for him to do. Is this the family mentioned earlier in the thread where the poster said they couldn't imagine being invlved?

I'm surprised there has been nothing on it either. According to a Landmark article from 2010 though he was being held at Bridgewater state prison but he obviously could have been moved since then).

They did show him in court on TV and didn't just mention the story,,,,which is why I don't understand why not even the news stations website has a blurb about it. Maybe there were some privacy things at at, or perhaps the cops are looking into him...who knows.

Again I can't find anything to support the news clip yesterday...wish I had just hit record on my phone and videoed it.... So I can't substantiate what I heard :(

Yes cambug, Queens is pretty big though. Someone from princeton said on here that everyone moves to the city, and with rent the way it is in manhattan and brooklyn I'm sure a lot more people are renting in Queens. Howard Beach isn't typically where someone from MA would rent I don't think, I think most people who move to NY probably never end up over in that hood. But you never know, if it's true it's certainly something i would look into. Seems a little obvious though for him to do. Is this the family mentioned earlier in the thread where the poster said they couldn't imagine being invlved?

Who said lots of people from Princeton move to the city? I don't recall that, and have actually said the opposite.
Most people from here don't move to the city, some do of course but most don't. I could literally name everyone in my graduating class of about 400 people who moved to NYC for a period of time, and it's probably less then a dozen people....a few more if I include peers from the local private schools.

Most people who move there live in Manhattan...second would be Brooklyn, then maybe Hoboken. And in Manhattan like most 20 something's they end up in Murray Hill area. However the only locals I have known to live in more obscure parts of queens and Brooklyn are guys.

Who said lots of people from Princeton move to the city? I don't recall that, and have actually said the opposite.
Most people from here don't move to the city, some do of course but most don't. I could literally name everyone in my graduating class of about 400 people who moved to NYC for a period of time, and it's probably less then a dozen people....a few more if I include peers from the local private schools.

Most people who move there live in Manhattan...second would be Brooklyn, then maybe Hoboken. And in Manhattan like most 20 something's they end up in Murray Hill area. However the only locals I have known to live in more obscure parts of queens and Brooklyn are guys.

I thought someone mentioned nearly everyone from their graduating class moving to NY. Maybe I misunderstood. How old are you? Most 20 something's I know couldn't afford to live in Murray Hill nowadays but maybe Princeton is an affluent area I have no idea

I'm surprised there has been nothing on it either. According to a Landmark article from 2010 though he was being held at Bridgewater state prison but he obviously could have been moved since then).

They did show him in court on TV and didn't just mention the story,,,,which is why I don't understand why not even the news stations website has a blurb about it. Maybe there were some privacy things at at, or perhaps the cops are looking into him...who knows.

Again I can't find anything to support the news clip yesterday...wish I had just hit record on my phone and videoed it.... So I can't substantiate what I heard :(

I think MA law allows for inmates to wear civilian clothes (as apposed to prison jumpsuits) when appearing in court and so he may have appeared to be out on bail even though he is in custody?

I thought someone mentioned nearly everyone from their graduating class moving to NY. Maybe I misunderstood. How old are you? Most 20 something's I know couldn't afford to live in Murray Hill nowadays but maybe Princeton is an affluent area I have no idea

I'm in my early 30's but lived in NY in my early and mid 20's. Me being in NY was an exception, and as I mentioned i was very much aware of any other locals who where living in NYC at the same time I was. It's definetly not an area where all the local kids move to NYC, it's more common for local kids in that age to live in it around Boston. Which is what Vanessa did before getting her dream job in NYC (which I'm assuming paid enough to live there).

When I lived in the city I lived in Chelsea and Greenwich village. But most locals I knew that moved there ended up in Murray Hill (which I kind of can't stand). But it did seem like every other person who lived in Murray hill was a new college grad.

Granted I lived there almost 10 years ago and New York changes quickly.

Btw Princeton isn't Greenwich affluent, but it's pretty well off.

I think MA law allows for inmates to wear civilian clothes (as apposed to prison jumpsuits) when appearing in court and so he may have appeared to be out on bail even though he is in custody?

I didn't THINK he was out on bail because of what he was wearing....I heard them say "currently out on bail while he appeals his conviction"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member