MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although there are no sex offenders on the registry in Princeton, I stumbled upon this article, the judge decided to not make him register. His address is right on her running route (Worcester Road is Route 31) and close to the mountain barn. Something to look into.
http://www.telegram.com/article/20090306/NEWS/903060364/1101/NEWSREWIND
http://www.thelandmark.com/news/2008-04-03/front_page/005.html

When people are into child *advertiser censored* they are usually into a specific age group and are aroused by children in that age group quite specifically. I would think it would be a leap for someone to be into looking at child *advertiser censored* online and then commuting murder on an adult.

Interesting reading the landmark article though....the fact he was a part time Princeton cop and Fire....intriguing....also if you look at the parcel plots map you will notice a family of the same surname with property quite near the crime scene.

I'm in my early 30's but lived in NY in my early and mid 20's. Me being in NY was an exception, and as I mentioned i was very much aware of any other locals who where living in NYC at the same time I was. It's definetly not an area where all the local kids move to NYC, it's more common for local kids in that age to live in it around Boston. Which is what Vanessa did before getting her dream job in NYC (which I'm assuming paid enough to live there).

When I lived in the city I lived in Chelsea and Greenwich village. But most locals I knew that moved there ended up in Murray Hill (which I kind of can't stand). But it did seem like every other person who lived in Murray hill was a new college grad.

Granted I lived there almost 10 years ago and New York changes quickly.

Btw Princeton isn't Greenwich affluent, but it's pretty well off.
I should correct myself there are obviously like a million 20 year olds who can afford manhattan rent, I'm just not sure how. But I'm off topic, my only point was i think more and more people are moving to Queens. But as far as I know, Howard Beach is more of local spot. So if it's the same killer I'd be surprised to learn he lived by Karina if he did. Maybe he knew her from instagram, tinder, etc and is a stalker

I noticed the surname coincidence as well, not sure if they are related. I wonder if police considered the killer may have parked on Connor lane and entered the cart path from that side, and that's why people did not see a car.

The person in consideration is the same age as her, he also went to the all boys HS in the area, his family is an old townie family on both sides, they aren't poor .... What makes you think he would have felt Vanessa was out of his league?
She was stunning! Not to mention seemingly really bright and very successful. She had her act together. I think many men who didn't know her personally could assume they didn't stand a chance with her. She seemed untouchable.

She was stunning! Not to mention seemingly really bright and very successful. She had her act together. I think many men who didn't know her personally could assume they didn't stand a chance with her. She seemed untouchable.

I understand that aspect of it. But what I'm trying to point out is I think these two would have known each other. They both lived/grew up/ or had family in the area, both the same age, and both attended private school.

well atleast the thing about this case is they have the killers dna so if it's that kid, his *advertiser censored* is grass. Do you think the POI, the man who's DNA they took is this kid who's familiar with the land or the motorcycle crasher?

I understand that aspect of it. But what I'm trying to point out is I think these two would have known each other. They both lived/grew up/ or had family in the area, both the same age, and both attended private school.
It'd be interesting to know when her mother moved to Princeton, though.

well atleast the thing about this case is they have the killers dna so if it's that kid, his *advertiser censored* is grass. Do you think the POI, the man who's DNA they took is this kid who's familiar with the land or the motorcycle crasher?
I personally think they assume the motorcycle crasher couldn't be a suspect (which I disagree with - it could be possible IMO) because the crash was confirmed.

This could be unrelated but there was a police chase in Gardner right on the line with Westminster (close to Princeton). The man is a registered sex offender from Winchendon. Just saw that he ran on foot after crashing his car during the police pursuit. They're looking for him.

http://bit.ly/2bDqWF6

It'd be interesting to know when her mother moved to Princeton, though.

Her aunt and uncle who it's sounds like she is quite close to as they were called "unc" and "aunti" in the obituary have lived there for decades.

I'm assuming her mother moved in when her parents divorced but have no idea when that was.

Regardless though, btw there ages and where they both went to school their paths could easily cross.

I personally think they assume the motorcycle crasher couldn't be a suspect (which I disagree with - it could be possible IMO) because the crash was confirmed.

Except the crash occurred in Westminster and they were going to the mountain....they couldn't have been going in the directions of the mountain in Westminster, if they were coming from the murder scene.

If they were fleeing the murder see and crashed in Westminster they'd be going away from the mountain not towards it.

they couldn't be that stupid could they? I mean they went through the trouble of getting the footage of them and the articles i read claimed they took his dna

they couldn't be that stupid could they? I mean they went through the trouble of getting the footage of them and the articles i read claimed they took his dna

The DNA and the motorcycle story are different stories. I think you might be confusing them.

No, I've read a few articles where they claim the police took the motorcyclist's DNA was taken. Maybe they mixed it up, but why wouldn't the police take his DNA? It would be pretty stupid not to

No, I've read a few articles where they claim the police took the motorcyclist's DNA was taken. Maybe they mixed it up, but why wouldn't the police take his DNA? It would be pretty stupid not to

Can you please find an article where it states this? Because I have never seen this written at all.

There was the articles about them taking DNA from someone familiar with the area.

And there was an article about a possible lead and surveillance footage from the guy and his gf at wachusett MNt. But nothing that ever said they took DNA from the motorcyclist. The Chief of police made a statement that the crash was legit and there was not connection to the murder....never anything about taking DNA.

I saw where you had brought this up before but you seemed to be combining information from multiple, yet unrelated stories.

I know there were a lot on each but I think you are mixing up the two stories and combined them into one. Some articles talk about both aspects but I do not think the DNA sample was taken from the motorcyclist. At least that's not how I have read anything on it.

You are right I read the blasting news article wrong: "Authorities in Princeton have submitted a DNA sample for testing that could help in identifying the person who brutally attacked Vanessa Marcotte. The person of interest whose DNA was submitted, is reportedly "familiar" with the area where Vanessa Marcotte was killed. Detectives have also revealed that they've obtained surveillance footage that appears to show a "scratched and bruised man" around the area surrounding the discovery of Marcotte's body. He was also reportedly seen with an unidentified woman not long after the rape and murder of the once-missing jogger."

But It would be shoddy police work for them not to take this guys DNA. Unless they already have a hit with their other POI but i would expect an arrest if so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member