MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanted to have a private conversation with someone you wouldn't go to a public place to meet, you'd find some place private. There would have been only one local place open at the time anyway...and it's definetly not a place you could have a private conversation.

Also most 27 year olds are definetly not married around here or settled down with families. Peolple get married later. Career wise I think it would surprise you what very professional people do in their off time, especially those still in their 20's.

Perhaps you've had different experiences with your direct peers, and since neither of us (I believe) know Vanessa first hand, either "type" could be the one that fits what could have been likely or unlikely for her.

Again I'm not saying she did meet someone, but nothing about her characters, age, profession etc....would make me inclined to think its impossible either.

I wouldn't say most 27 year olds aren't married, but the point I was actually making is that at 27 the level of maturity would rule out meeting in the woods with a guy.

everyone does things they hide from their mothers lol
Of course I don't share everything with my mother either, but this isn't just keeping information, it'd be deceiving, and I wouldn't see the need to do so at her age and level of independence.

Perhaps when the perp ambushed her as she was running by he hit her on the head rendering her temporarily unconscious. He then drags her further down the path & she comes to and puts up a fight. She could have easily become disoriented and tried to escape further down the path instead of towards the road.

My feeling is there was no car and the perp knew exactly where to ambush her.

I believe the perp waited at the edge for her to make her way up the street. I, too, am within the same demographic as VM (I'd rather not share as much because I want to remain anonymous as possible since this is a local crime), but I can speak from experience that meeting secretly in the woods is not something I would have done past my early twenties at the oldest. If she had wanted to meet someone, I can't imagine them choosing the woods. It would make far more sense to meet out at a coffee shop/bar/restaurant/etc. VM was independent and I don't think she'd feel the need to hide things like that from her family. Again, this is just my opinion. Many women her age are career women, wives, mothers.

Unless the person told her he wanted to show her something in the woods? a hurt animal, something he found... etc?

Perhaps when the perp ambushed her as she was running by he hit her on the head rendering her temporarily unconscious. He then drags her further down the path & she comes to and puts up a fight. She could have easily become disoriented and tried to escape further down the path instead of towards the road.

Welcome! It's certainly a possibility! =-) Are you a local? We are blessed to have several here helping us!

I wouldn't say most 27 year olds aren't married, but the point I was actually making is that at 27 the level of maturity would rule out meeting in the woods with a guy.

I didn't say most in general but definetly most of the people I grew up with were not married or settled down at that age. It would definetly be more of the acception then the other way around.

And i disagree with the idea that 27 year olds are too mature to meet up with someone and not tell their mom about it. That is just not my experience.

A profile who compared the two cases mentions Karina being hit in the head with rock but no mention of this with Vanessa, it seems weird if this was part of the case and the profiler had insight to know VM was burned post mortem and that Karina had been attacked with a rock...it seems she would have had that same info about VM.

Of course I don't share everything with my mother either, but this isn't just keeping information, it'd be deceiving, and I wouldn't see the need to do so at her age and level of independence.
VM was a manager. I was also before I retired. One thing I can tell you is no matter the age, managers handle things-they manage. If someone has a problem and comes to us for help, we will address it. It's in our blood. To this day, I often find myself starting to give direction and having to back off because I am not 'the boss' anymore. My point is, this could be a way VM could be drawn into a situation...IMHO

I've been away from the computer for a while so I've got some catching up to do, but I thought I'd share my thoughts of the sock interview and accompanying story:
-the reporter (or the person alongside him during the taping) seems to be in socks too - the mini heel and toe kind of socks worn with dress shoes. This suggests to me that maybe she and the camera crew entered his house for an off-the-record interview and then maybe after agreeing to levels of anonymity (feet shot, no identifying background etc) they stepped out though the garage or back door to record on camera.
-The reporter's head shots at the start and end of the interview look to have been recorded outside of this building next to the public library which is one of the Princeton Town Hall buildings. cf: https://www.google.com/search?q=tow...ved=0ahUKEwjeyY-U18jOAhVEJiYKHfloB0sQ_AUIBigB
-I do not think this guy is responsible for this crime, but that is just a gut feel.

no we of course know very few things in this case for sure. But if she was active enough to be fighting aggressively enough to leave scratches I can't exactly imagine she was mute during this whole thing. and I think in that situation it would just be instinct to be screaming. That is of course if she was ambushed...

But I'm not convinced that's what happened....

She also could have frozen during the time he dragged her back into the woods. She could have fought back only once back in woods during the assault. Not everyone responds the way we think of as most logical. She could have been immobilized by fear when ambushed.

Welcome to WS :welcome:

A profile who compared the two cases mentions Karina being hit in the head with rock but no mention of this with Vanessa, it seems weird if this was part of the case and the profiler had insight to know VM was burned post mortem and that Karina had been attacked with a rock...it seems she would have had that same info about VM.

I think she just went off information that had been released. I'm not sure she has any inside information. I found it odd that she assumed VM was burned postmortem.

How do you see it as deception? I don't think it is really that big of a deal if she was meeting someone for her to not tell her mom. There could be several reasons for this.

Maybe it just didn't seem important enough to tell her mom. Maybe she knew this friend was going through stuff that was private and so in an effort to not have to explain it to her mom she just didn't mention it. Maybe this kid was trouble and her mom wasn't a fan...but Vanessa was big hearted enough to still respond to a friend in need so didn't tell her mom.

Perhaps because she was an adult and a manager she tried to manage this situation without the involvement of a parent.

I'm not sure I see what you are referring to in this article?
Someone here was posting about so many murderers living in the area (I don't quite remember who it was) but we fairly disagreed point by point and moved on. Now here's a guy trying to murder someone in Leominster by stabbing them in the neck and running away through the grass and jumping over a fence. I'm willing to bet they request a DNA swab just for giggles..

maybe be this stuff is more common than I realize?

Is this guy from the interview the one they initially identified? Like they collected his DNA over a week ago?

She also could have frozen during the time he dragged her back into the woods. She could have fought back only once back in woods during the assault. Not everyone responds the way we think of as most logical. She could have been immobilized by fear when ambushed.

Perhaps, you never know. She did Twitter out a self defense class for females in boston a few years back. It makes me think she had some experience in self protection classes though, which might change how she would and wouldn't respond in a situation. Kind of like how the best way to overcome the bistabdard effect is to educate people about the fact it exists in the first place.

Also back in those woods you'd still being in screaming ear shot of houses (if anyone had been outside in a .5mile ) radius it would be shocking if they couldn't hear her. Actually closer to some house then one would have been on the road itself.

So it seems to me the person would have to know no one was around to hear her scream or that she was actually killed elsewhere.

How do you see it as deception? I don't think it is really that big of a deal if she was meeting someone for her to not tell her mom. There could be several reasons for this.

Maybe it just didn't seem important enough to tell her mom. Maybe she knew this friend was going through stuff that was private and so in an effort to not have to explain it to her mom she just didn't mention it. Maybe this kid was trouble and her mom wasn't a fan...but Vanessa was big hearted enough to still respond to a friend in need so didn't tell her mom.

Perhaps because she was an adult and a manager she tried to manage this situation without the involvement of a parent.
It's okay for us to disagree about this. Any theory is simply a theory at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl