MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps and maybe the argument with his mother was a reactive response to his post murder stress level. Perhaps the trip to the pond and the no show to work was all about " disposing of her clothes, cell phone etc " which he had removed from the crime scene ? Could this ibe what the walk in the woods is about ? Was LE alone or accompanied by the POI for that walk ?

I doubt all 800 tips are from town residents.
wtf how does a murder in a town with a population of 3500 get so many tips and one in Queens population 2.2 million gets no tips? Cause people in NY don't give a **** they are so wrapped up in themselves. But it's really mind blowing. 800 is a fourth of the population. KV's murder should have got 500,000 tips at the rate

A follow-up on sock-man..

Quoting: On Tuesday, necn spoke with a man who says police questioned him and tested his DNA over the weekend in connection with Marcotte's death. Police have not called the man a person of interest but he told necn that they have not cleared his name yet. [speculation by me: probably his DNA tests haven't come back yet] necn is not identifying the man out of respect for the investigation, but will continue to follow his connection and the case.

police continue to look for a car parked or driving 1-3pm [BBM] they know something imho

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...estigate-Vanessa-Marcotte-Case-390498511.html

also an article I had not seen before with a slightly different headline:

Google’s Vanessa Marcotte fought her killer in the woods, prosecutor says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ught-her-killer-in-the-woods-prosecutor-says/

when taken together, its seems possible that she was in a car at some point, but I admit that is speculation on my part.

Also noted this in the article above you posted:

"Police search dogs found Marcotte’s body late Sunday in a wooded area about half a mile from her mother’s house in Princeton, Mass., where she was visiting for the weekend, The Washington Post reported. She had been last seen about 1 p.m. Sunday in the central Massachusetts town when she left for a jog."

I know there was some debate about how long she had been home yesterday.

this is a little off topic but I was just reading comments made under news articles.....

It irritates the heck out of me when people who go on and just tell women the solution is to carry a gun!

I'm sorry but it just sounds so idiotic. One guy said both his daughter and wife carry guns and are excellent shots....but standing away from a target and taking aim at it in a no pressure situation like target practice is hardly the same thing as being grabbed and having the person right up close to you.....

Which adds to the complication....like where is the gun and how easy is it to get out. If your grabbed and are being attacked....what are the chances you are even going to have a chance to get your gun out, and even if you manage to whos to say you are going to even be able to get a shot out, or that the perp won't just take it from you.....

I mean really, do people actually think through the practicality of that suggestion when try make it?

More guns do not equal less crime....it's actually quite the opposite....those with access to guns or guns in their home are substantially more likely to be the victim of gun violence then those who don't have guns in the home.

this is a little off topic but I was just reading comments made under news articles.....

It irritates the heck out of me when people who go on and just tell women the solution is to carry a gun!

I'm sorry but it just sounds so idiotic. One guy said both his daughter and wife carry guns and are excellent shots....but standing away from a target and taking aim at it in a no pressure situation like target practice is hardly the same thing as being grabbed and having the person right up close to you.....

Which adds to the complication....like where is the gun and how easy is it to get out. If your grabbed and are being attacked....what are the chances you are even going to have a chance to get your gun out, and even if you manage to whos to say you are going to even be able to get a shot out, or that the perp won't just take it from you.....

I mean really, do people actually think through the practicality of that suggestion when try make it?

More guns do not equal less crime....it's actually quite the opposite....those with access to guns or guns in their home are substantially more likely to be the victim of gun violence then those who don't have guns in the home.
Oh, I try to never read the comments. I do slip up from time to time, but have found that it generally does my blood pressure no good at all to read what gets posted there. I swear, nutballs come out of the woodwork to posit insane nonsense-some of it quite insulting-just because they can.

I was just reading something in a link that someone had sent to me, not specific to this case but it did get me thinking of a possible scenario under which this person could have grabbed her if he was in fact unknown to her.

What if he was standing by his car looking at a map....and simply asked her for directions. Princeton is definetly the type of place where you'd stop to give directions. Especially if this person didn't look suspicious....or even if he looked slightly odd....he'd likely kick yourself for being judgemental and stopped to help him out anyway because you simply know it's wrong to judge people on their appearance.

I was just reading something in a link that someone had sent to me, not specific to this case but it did get me thinking of a possible scenario under which this person could have grabbed her if he was in fact unknown to her.

What if he was standing by his car looking at a map....and simply asked her for directions. Princeton is definetly the type of place where you'd stop to give directions. Especially if this person didn't look suspicious....or even if he looked slightly odd....he'd likely kick yourself for being judgemental and stopped to help him out anyway because you simply know it's wrong to judge people on their appearance.
that is a real possibility especially considering that in NYC you see it all...

Comment sections are a gold mine of ridiculous! I agree with you about carrying a gun. I think in these situations it's more likely to be used on the gun carrier.

Do you think the car was parked there on the side of the road the whole time (assault and murder in the woods)?

I so agree with this post. Earlier this week I expressed my concern about this situation to a co-worker and she told me I should get a gun. Really? Given the suddenness of an attack, the gun would have to be loaded with a round in the chamber in order for it to be remotely possible to get off a shot. Do I carry it in my hand? I am fairly certain that is illegal not to mention ill-advised given the fact that I could easily stumble during a routine run and shoot myself. A holster would only add to the delay and since I would likely be mid-stride and off-balance when pulling my weapon, the likelihood of getting off a clean shot seems incredibly slim.

I walk my dog in the woods every evening. Let's say a man is approaching. I don't recognize him and I am slightly concerned about his intentions. At what point do I pull my gun? If I wait until he displays aggression, it could be too late. Do I tell him to raise his hands and slowly walk past me? Even in my gun-friendly town, that would likely be frowned upon.

I grew up in the NYC area and am all about taking basic safety precautions, but I don't think it is unreasonable for a young woman to go for a jog or walk alone on the road in a populated area in the middle of the day. Let's hope LE makes a quick arrest so the community can rest easy again.

Do you think the car was parked there on the side of the road the whole time (assault and murder in the woods)?

Under a scenario that it was a stranger and she was ambushed, I think it's a possible tactic that is a high probability and make sense.

But I'm still sorting out if I think it was a stranger or not, or even if she was killed there.

Under a scenario that it was a stranger and she was ambushed, I think it's a possible tactic that is a high probability and make sense.

But I'm still sorting out if I think it was a stranger or not, or even if she was killed there.
I don't remember the source but didn't someone say earlier today that they now know it happened in the woods?

Re: comments on news articles.... I always read them looking for locals to jump in. There are the nuts who make 99% of the posts and have oh so much advice for everyone (carry a gun, carry a stick, dress in a sack... etc) but sometimes there is a nugget in there.

Maybe I'm parsing words too much, but I didn't notice this yesterday with my headache. I went back to review the crime scene walk through video and noticed that the female reporter said 'the area where Marcotte’s body was dumped and burned' was making evidence retrieval challenging. Also the article accompanying the video states [quoting:] Tom Shamshak said the area where Marcotte’s body was dumped and burned is a challenging environment..[BBM]

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/tips-for-princeton-jogger-murder-now-at-750/424956289

Also... even the news articles can be a bunch of bologna. Speaking from experience living in a small town, not everyone wants to talk to a reporter. Often their quotes are from people who are just looking for their moment of fame and don't know what they are talking about! Most real LE information will not be out there for everyone to read.

Thinkhard, I'm loving your posts! (and all the rest of the sleuthers here too!).

I don't remember the source but didn't someone say earlier today that they now know it happened in the woods?

There was a fox25 news story where a profiler walked the woods and he believed there was evidence of a struggle in those woods.

But I don't think anything has been confirmed, more that was his opinion.

It would point to it all happening there certainly.

If it did all happen there, that would certainly narrow down possible scenarios.

Maybe I'm parsing words too much, but I didn't notice this yesterday with my headache. I went back to review the crime scene walk through video and noticed that the female reporter said 'the area where Marcotte’s body was dumped and burned' was making evidence retrieval challenging. Also the article accompanying the video states [quoting:] Tom Shamshak said the area where Marcotte’s body was dumped and burned is a challenging environment..[BBM]

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/tips-for-princeton-jogger-murder-now-at-750/424956289

It's interesting you mention that, because I remember I kept seeing the word abduction in articles about her.....and kept thinking if she was killed there wouldn't it just be an assault or murder, not abduction?

And now you point out this comment, which does leave credence to the idea she brought there post mortem.

Which is a piece of this I have sort of thought sense the beginning....if someone did pick her up either familiar or unfamiliar to her, and something did happen, intentional or unintentional.....bringing the body back to the place you picked her up from and making it look like the whole thing happened there would change the spectrum with which the investigation would be viewed and throw them of this perps trail.

I can't help but think there is a lot of eliminents of cover up in this crime. The burning might not have just been to burn DNA (because maybe he never thought they'd look in his direction) but more to destroy fibers from things in his house or other location she may have been with him that might lead investigators to him. Just a thought.

The profile also mentions it being a perfect place to stake out on that road, making it also a perfect place to dump a body. Which could be why they chose that spot along her route over another.

I posted a headline that added 'in the woods' to VM being murdered..it was just an article I hadn't read

It's interesting you mention that, because I remember I kept seeing the word abduction in articles about her.....and kept thinking if she was killed there wouldn't it just be an assault or murder, not abduction?

And now you point out this comment, which does leave credence to the idea she brought there post mortem.

Which is a piece of this I have sort of thought sense the beginning....if someone did pick her up either familiar or unfamiliar to her, and something did happen, intentional or unintentional.....bringing the body back to the place you picked her up from and making it look like the whole thing happened there would change the spectrum with which the investigation would be viewed and throw them of this perps trail.

I can't help but think there is a lot of eliminents of cover up in this crime. The burning might not have just been to burn DNA (because maybe he never thought they'd look in his direction) but more to destroy fibers from things in his house or other location she may have been with him that might lead investigators to him. Just a thought.

The profile also mentions it being a perfect place to stake out on that road, making it also a perfect place to dump a body. Which could be why they chose that spot along her route over another.

The abduction link:
http://m.telegram.com/article/20160808/NEWS/160809371

and the quote: Mr. Early would not get into any details about the “abduction” and declined to say whether Ms. Marcotte was killed in the area where her body was found [BBM]

1) Abduction is in quote marks in the article 2) on my iPad, the comment above is on page 2 of 3 for this article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans