MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were called in on Monday August 8th. I'm assuming those are "tips" people reported to the police

attachment.php
Is this the place she was killed?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 252
This goes pretty in depth. He's even had his picture on the front page of the Worcester Telegram for forensic classes at a local college.
http://trenchreynolds.com/tag/john-odgren/

I found this article stating that he was in Bridgewater State Hospital at the time of the article which is Jun 30, 2010.
Not sure if he is out, but it says he is serving life at the hospital. Does this help?

If he was by chance out wouldn't you think they would have thought to interview him early on?

http://www.telegram.com/article/20100627/NEWS/6270538

Hi Camerabug,
Here's a link to a case map I made on the last thread. I think it pretty accurate going on media footage and reports. You can zoom and click on the various sites for footnotes:
Thank you! I was way off! Footage looks good too. Thanks!

A new Landmark has come out. Seems residents are reporting suspicious sitings!

http://www.thelandmark.com/news/2016-08-18/Fire_(and)_Police/Police_Notebook.html

Many a "white" vehicle or "white" truck too. Interesting. Just something I noticed. Could be something, could be nothing. What does sock boy drive? Just out of curiousity....do we know?
It would be nice if every suspicious vehical mention had at least what color car next to it & make/model. Sometimes there's details, sometimes not. Thanks for sharing! JMO.

Have to pick and choose which ones sound like good leads because a lot of these people (sadly) are scared and days after...they are seeing undercover, all kinds of LE moving about the place and they dont know what theyre looking at. I'm sure LE would look suspicious poking around, sitting, walking...its what they do. At least people are trying to be helpful. Nice community. JMO.

I found this article stating that he was in Bridgewater State Hospital at the time of the article which is Jun 30, 2010.
Not sure if he is out, but it says he is serving life at the hospital. Does this help?

If he was by chance out wouldn't you think they would have thought to interview him early on?

http://www.telegram.com/article/20100627/NEWS/6270538

If he was out it would be through a loophole in the law and many people would blame the state for letting a deranged killer back out on the streets. His goal in life was to commit the perfect murder and with a condition such as Asperger's it would consume him as it did before.

I actually believe he is in Gardner prison under medical and no longer Bridgewater.

So if he was/is out the police would need to be extremely careful with how they proceed.

These are just to show the distance. I read talk of 30/100 yards earlier today. I believe it was 30 yards based on this due to foliage cover. I could not get my mouse to completely cooperate so the measurements are a hair off but you get the idea.
vm.jpgvm2.jpg

Many a "white" vehicle or "white" truck too. Interesting. Just something I noticed. Could be something, could be nothing. What does sock boy drive? Just out of curiousity....do we know?
It would be nice if every suspicious vehical mention had at least what color car next to it & make/model. Sometimes there's details, sometimes not. Thanks for sharing! JMO.

Have to pick and choose which ones sound like good leads because a lot of these people (sadly) are scared and days after...they are seeing undercover, all kinds of LE moving about the place and they dont know what theyre looking at. I'm sure LE would look suspicious poking around, sitting, walking...its what they do. At least people are trying to be helpful. Nice community. JMO.
No idea what sock boy drives but I now wonder if he was tested because he is a level 0...
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/sea...ller-turns-to-sex-offender-registry/424316895

Why not test all of the neighbors DNA who are willing to give it? Is that illegal? Too expensive?

Those were called in on Monday August 8th. I'm assuming those are "tips" people reported to the police

I think the log is a mix of what people looked back and remembered and called in....AND then what was currently going on and called in. JMO. Remember the police solicited for tips.

Hi Camerabug,
Here's a link to a case map I made on the last thread. I think it pretty accurate going on media footage and reports. You can zoom and click on the various sites for footnotes:

This is interesting and thanks. Forgive me if I missed prior discussions on this - but the route, with A and B... How did we know this was the intended route (perhaps she was running a preset MMR route?).. And do we know that red direction line is accurate? She went that way and not the other?
Again... Apologies if this was already answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole burning thing- it seems strange to me that the murderer would attempt to burn her body to inhibit recognition so I guess it was to try and destroy DNA. But I'm really wondering if he set her body on fire hoping or thinking that she'd be completely burned down to very little, or close to it - and left the area in a hurry after starting the blaze with the intent of coming back at a later date to hide/destroy her remains more thoroughly once some time had passed. If so, that doesn't necessarily mean he is a local- he could live elsewhere which would allow him to put a lot of physical distance between the site and himself. He could drive back to the area when he felt enough time had passed to finish whatever hiding he'd planned to do. (I'm just thinking out loud here).

attachment.php

Screen Grab taken from this video and I added markers based on what he said/showed as to where the body was found and the burn marks on the tree.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/450-tips-roll-in-about-princeton-jogger-murder/422137603
Something else I got from this link was near the very end when he talks about [quoting the printed article:] the Westminster police have sent video from cruisers to state police, hoping the cruisers may have recorded a car fleeing the area [end quote] when they handled the motorcycle crash nearby.

The whole burning thing- it seems strange to me that the murderer would attempt to burn her body to inhibit recognition so I guess it was to try and destroy DNA. But I'm really wondering if he set her body on fire hoping or thinking that she'd be completely burned down to very little, or close to it - and left the area in a hurry after starting the blaze with the intent of coming back at a later date to hide/destroy her remains more thoroughly once some time had passed. If so, that doesn't necessarily mean he is a local- he could live elsewhere which would allow him to put a lot of physical distance between the site and himself. He could drive back to the area when he felt enough time had passed to finish whatever hiding he'd planned to do. (I'm just thinking out loud here).
My very first thought was to wonder if he watched Making a Murderer and believed it...but I do think, yet again that it shows a lack of organization or maybe improper planning on his part. He is a bit of a bumbler. He was finally able to overcome VM, but not without a struggle.

It seems so obvious to me a non solid fuel was used. For the wood to be charred that high from a "brush fire", it certainly would have been burning strong for hours, and there would have been more charred ground in the vs unity - something that would have provoked curiosity in searchers. An accelerant would burn big and quickly... A flash blaze with the gasses burning just above the surface more than likely sparing the ground, and dying out quickly. The trees he is pointing to look like they have soot on them as opposed to being burnt. VMs burns were more likely from radiant heat rather than charting, I am thinking. And maybe why evidence was easier to gather.

Which also makes me curious why the prep had access to an accelerant. It's funny, some one said earlier that its quite common to drive around with a can of gas in the car while I was thinking the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member