MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steleheart, it's not currently letting me reply to you directly, but there was a photo circulating of the scorched ground. I'll see if I can find it.

With regard to DNA being able to provide descriptive details about the perp - there's an online tool that will give a picture of your irises based on your DNA. In my case it was almost an exact match. I think they would have a range of height and weight, as well as hair color. Certain cellular changes can predict an age range.
With regard to a 63 year old not being strong enough, many men I know in that age range are easily strong enough to overcome and carry a small person.
I hike on Mt. Wachusett almost every week, and have heard from the locals that there are surprisingly few people in the area who are on the sex offender registry, none in Princeton.
I would hope that the police would not holding off on arresting someone - it's so creepy to think that this guy is somewhere around us, possibly looking for another victim.

If the detectives had probable cause to arrest, then arrest they would. This person is a danger to the public and LE is not going to take chances on allowing this monster to roam the streets. If they haven't arrested anyone it's because they don't have evidence to identify the person and link them to the crime yet, in order to meet the probable cause burden. As soon as they do, they'll make their move.

Just stumbled upon the Molly Bish case. I immediately felt there could be a connection. Happened in MA in 2000, crime of opportunity, car involved, clothes removed and found later...like 2013! Rural setting. Suspect never caught.

Just stumbled upon the Molly Bish case. I immediately felt there could be a connection. Happened in MA in 2000, crime of opportunity, car involved, clothes removed and found later...like 2013! Rural setting. Suspect never caught.
The #1 suspect in this case died in 2014.

If the detectives had probable cause to arrest, then arrest they would. This person is a danger to the public and LE is not going to take chances on allowing this monster to roam the streets. If they haven't arrested anyone it's because they don't have evidence to identify the person and link them to the crime yet, in order to meet the probable cause burden. As soon as they do, they'll make their move.
True ! They may know it's him but also know a good defense could take the probable cause off the table. The Prosecution needs to build a case. DNA seals a case but it doesn't make the case. Motive,murder weapon, evidence that links the murderer to the crime scene and any and all circumstantial evidence are the foundation of a solid case and conviction. They may not consider him a danger to society and view this as "aggravated assault/ murder" and be watching him very closely ( survelance). Once they have him in custody with a Defense Attorney in place their case building is abruptly halted - people stop talking, especially the slip ups the murderer and associates often make. I knew of a case where the accomplice of the murderer was sitting at on a barstool, two bar stools down from the cousin of the Victim was sitting. The11:00 PM Nightly News came on reporting the Murder and the accomplice said " I know who did that,I was there "... Call it stupid, call it Karma or a Higher Power at work, the point is it happens " Lose Lips Sink Ships"... One can hope !

DNA could easily make a case. I think if there were a DNA match suspect would have been taken into custody.

>> deicesed

???

deceased? As in newly deceased?

Here's the deal for those living in fear: Don't go walking/running alone in semi-remote or remote areas if you're a woman, and don't go alone off the beaten path. Make sure you tell someone if you're going to be away, so if something happens someone will be able to know where you were going. It's basically the same advice that everyone's mom gives. LE advises the same thing. Always lock doors & windows even if you think you live in a safe area, be aware of your surroundings.

No, it's not fair, but then it's never been fair. I can tell you I got these same messages when I was in college decades ago.

DNA could easily make a case. I think if there were a DNA match suspect would have been taken into custody.
It could and it has,
But Prosecutors want more. DNA isn't as Juror friendly as concrete evidence. That being said I tend to agree that they don't have a match or they have a match up against a solid alibi ?

It could and it has,
But Prosecutors want more. DNA isn't as Juror friendly as concrete evidence. That being said I tend to agree that they don't have a match or they have a match up against a solid alibi ?
If DNA matched, and the person is dead, would it even go to court?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:stop:

Hold up, please. Some posts have been removed. Websleuths rules & TOS does not allow rumors to be posted (and for good reason). While these rumors may or may not turn out to be accurate, let's stick to the FACTS. Thanks.

Why would it go to court? You can't prosecute a dead person. No, that would be the end of it.

I understand and it further frustrates me that the police are not publicly sharing information. All around town people think the police got the guy, but until the police get around to publicly confirming it we remain in limbo.
:stop:

Hold up, please. Some posts have been removed. Websleuths rules & TOS does not allow rumors to be posted (and for good reason). While these rumors may or may not turn out to be accurate, let's stick to the FACTS. Thanks.

At the moment I am confused about the just posted comment about a deceased man in Rutland?

In the meantime, I have been thinking about the physical condition of the monster who took VM's life...especially his hands, hair, eyebrows...had he used a significant means of fire. Unless a person is used to working with fire, he or she typically ends up burning themselves somehow, often causing significant injury. My sister was a burn unit nurse for a long time, and oh the stories of stupidity!

Of course, we have heard from LE about the killer having bruises and scratches, but I think it's logical he would have some 2nd degree or even 3rd degree burns had he used fire in the commission of his crime. Why hasn't LE mentioned this? Burns/blistering would likely be more discernable (and alarming) than scratches and bruising. This speaks to, IMO, the lack of a significant fire. Whether that outcome was planned, who knows.

I have always "seen" this murderer as being disorganized, confused and stressed during the commission of the attack and murder. I don't think the killer put in a lot of planning. For whatever reason, I feel there is some kind of cognitive problem, low intelligence at play, or at least a delusional belief that he is pretty clever, but in reality fails to tic a lot of boxes. For what it's worth, I think the fire aspect (though we really know nothing about the extent of it...could be something as small as the use of a cigarette lighter in a futile attempt to erase DNA or else to try to scare her, etc.) was part of a very loosely planned act, or IMO a manifestation of panic and confusion. I think he has seen her before, but is not meaningfully acquianted. He could have said hello at the small store, noticed her in months prior, etc., and in his own mind felt rebuffed or offended by her lack of attention.

But what do I know? He needs to be caught not only for justice and for what's owed to VM and her family, but that entire community needs to stop living in fear and start experiencing some seedlings of healing. From birth to 30, I lived in Sterling and surrounding areas. I went to Worcester Academy, and had many friends (and even a few teachers) in the Holden, Princeton area. What happened to Vanessa will hurt the town and its residents forever. Children hearing about this monstrous act will never forget how it made them feel. Women will have a hard time feeling safe. No matter the identity of the killer, the effects on residents will be steep and interminable.

I am so very sorry for all of this, and am so concerned for the mental health of all going forward. I think PTSD is sorely underestimated, and can be experienced as a community just as likely as by one person.

All here is my opinion. I know only what has been printed in mainstream media.

If DNA matched, and the person is dead, would it even go to court?

If he doesn't confess, it would go to trial.. Our Judicial System is designed to protect the perpetrator " Innocent until proven guilty " Trials cost the taxpayer an incredible amount of money but everyone has their day in court. What often happens is the perpetrator is advised by his Defense Attorney to offer the court a " Guilty Plea " in exchange for life in prison without parol verses the death penalty by special circumstance ( cruel and unusual death, kidnapping etc.. ) A good Defense Attorney will realize going up a solid DNA match will prove more than difficult.

If he doesn't confess, it would go to trial.. Our Judicial System is designed to protect the perpetrator " Innocent until proven guilty " Trials cost the taxpayer an incredible amount of money but everyone has their day in court. What often happens is the perpetrator is advised by his Defense Attorney to offer the court a " Guilty Plea " in exchange for life in prison without parol verses the death penalty by special circumstance ( cruel and unusual death, kidnapping etc.. ) A good Defense Attorney will realize going up a solid DNA match will prove more than difficult.
Was originally replying in response to if the killer was deceased, DNA match would only be needed to solve the case. There would be no need for other evidence to go to court with since the killer is dead (not saying he is, just saying in that scenario)

I think you misunderstood the question, if the suspect is dead, would it still go to court? If not, do the police/district attorney even have to say anything? Assuming they have solved the crime, but their is not one persecute as they are dead.

I think you misunderstood the question, if the suspect is dead, would it still go to court? If not, do the police/district attorney even have to say anything? Assuming they have solved the crime, but their is not one persecute as they are dead.
I think to ease the residents of the town, they would 100% say something. Right now, the community is living in fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyfullyU