MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've stated, Thinkhard, I agree the perp may not have been at the cemetery that day. I'm saying it's possibly someone from out of town and, if so, he probably parked there and cut through the woods at some point before committing the premeditated murder. I don't know if you've been on Connor road. I have. I myself cut across the road to a place that enters the woods and no one saw me because of way the street is set up. It is half a mile to the place where the body is found. Yes, there are houses but they are far apart in a heavily wooded area. But again, I don't know. As I said, before let's agree to disagree on our ideas about this crime. I don't want to fight you.

All equipment could easily fit in a small bag the perp might be carrying. Say, a backpack or some other type of carrying bag that he might plausibly have with him.

Of interest - press release and all stories make no mention at all of rape. I do not think one occurred.

[video=youtube;DUpT-PL9BPI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpT-PL9BPI[/video]

[video=youtube;t0UgkmBQxTk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0UgkmBQxTk[/video]

[video=youtube;c5nd59ziWFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5nd59ziWFY[/video]

I think many people have had significant ideas and possible theories in here. This is all speculation with so little known for facts. But people have done well at trying to figure this out. It is good to get some sort of report from law enforcement , as they have done. Including the fact a neighbor was on TV speaking about them continuing to interview neighbors. Thankfully, they are working hard with the case and hopefully there will be more known soon.

Desperately trying to catch up. Apologies If this has been discussed. The location where Vanessa was found has a paved lip leading into the path after the guard rail. I do not think it odd that a car may be parked there so it may not register right away by locals. It's convenient IMO.

So maybe someone who recently heard about the case realized that they were visiting the area that day and just remembered seeing a dark SUV during the 1-3 timeline.

I personally don't see LE playing some kind of game with the public. They just have no information now they one tiny piece. Some Johnny-Come-Lately called in a tip and it is credible. So let's go with that. I just don't get the angle of coming and going and getting dropped and going back for "supplies". It's too disorganized IMO.

So the notion that maybe the perpetrator set her body on fire is not based on any evidence released by LE. Or he came back with "supplies" for a coverup. Just doesn't ring true to me. that's JMO. The fact that LE said there was no threat to the public says to me that VM was targeted - it wasn't random. How they know that I don't know. Some evidence only the killer would know.

ALL LE has said was that she had burns to her feet, hands and part of her head. We don't know the extent of those burns.

But I remain curious as to the paved turnout leading to the path. Is it a paper/ discontinued street? An official street? In any case it seems a convenient place to stop for whatever reason and may not seem important to passers by or joggers.

BSR.jpg

I think many people have had significant ideas and possible theories in here. This is all speculation with so little known for facts. But people have done well at trying to figure this out. It is good to get some sort of report from law enforcement , as they have done. Including the fact a neighbor was on TV speaking about them continuing to interview neighbors. Thankfully, they are working hard with the case and hopefully there will be more known soon.

Agreed. I saw the neighbor. They are just as baffled. So I am throwing away the notion that they have a perp in mind and are still at square one, sadly.

Desperately trying to catch up. Apologies If this has been discussed. The location where Vanessa was found has a paved lip leading into the path after the guard rail. I do not think it odd that a car may be parked there so it may not register right away by locals. It's convenient IMO.

So maybe someone who recently heard about the case realized that they were visiting the area that day and just remembered seeing a dark SUV during the 1-3 timeline.

I personally don't see LE playing some kind of game with the public. They just have no information now they one tiny piece. Some Johnny-Come-Lately called in a tip and it is credible. So let's go with that. I just don't get the angle of coming and going and getting dropped and going back for "supplies". It's too disorganized IMO.

So the notion that maybe the perpetrator set her body on fire is not based on any evidence released by LE. Or he came back with "supplies" for a coverup. Just doesn't ring true to me. that's JMO. The fact that LE said there was no threat to the public says to me that VM was targeted - it wasn't random. How they know that I don't know. Some evidence only the killer would know.

ALL LE has said was that she had burns to her feet, hands and part of her head. We don't know the extent of those burns.

But I remain curious as to the paved turnout leading to the path. Is it a paper/ discontinued street? An official street? In any case it seems a convenient place to stop for whatever reason and may not seem important to passers by or joggers.

attachment.php

When did law enforcement say there was no threat to the public? I didn't hear that. That is important if they stated that. Do you have the news conference reference when they did?

As I've stated, Thinkhard, I agree the perp may not have been at the cemetery that day. I'm saying it's possibly someone from out of town and, if so, he probably parked there and cut through the woods at some point before committing the premeditated murder. I don't know if you've been on Connor road. I have. I myself cut across the road to a place that enters the woods and no one saw me because of way the street is set up. It is half a mile to the place where the body is found. Yes, there are houses but they are far apart in a heavily wooded area. But again, I don't know. As I said, before let's agree to disagree on our ideas about this crime. I don't want to fight you.

All equipment could easily fit in a small bag the perp might be carrying. Say, a backpack or some other type of carrying bag that he might plausibly have with him.

Of interest - press release and all stories make no mention at all of rape. I do not think one occurred.

If the person was from out of town and "premeditated" as you speculated, how would the person know when and where she is jogging that day? Just curious about your theory.

attachment.php
Unless I missed something, I haven't heard any report where LE said there was no threat to the public. The last I have heard, was in Aug., in the press release, where they said for the public to remain vigilante.
I think people are relating her burned body parts as to being set on fire.

Unless I missed something, I haven't heard any report where LE said there was no threat to the public. The last I have heard, was in Aug., in the press release, where they said for the public to remain vigilante.
I think people are relating her burned body parts as to being set on fire.

Curious Rocky1 way to put it. Confuses me. What point do you intend to make, if you could help me out, please?

Hopefully, more than one person may have remembered something about a black SUV lurking in the area, at the time, or maybe in other places around there during that weekend, such as the plates and what state they may have been from? Could it have had markers on it, decals, have been a rental, limo service, etc... I imagine canvassing and reviewing footage of surveillance footage may provide more clues, now that a vehicle of interest has been identified?

attachment.php
I know that the "paved lip" looks rather large in the photo, but it's only about 2 feet deep, and about 8 or so feet wide. Not big enough to park a car on.
There is a discontinued road that exits where the lip is. If you are standing on the lip, it goes to the left at about 300 degrees. There is another path that you can see that goes 90 degrees from the road. Not sure, but MSM said there is a clearing back there, so maybe a driveway for a house that was/is going to be built?

Curious Rocky1 way to put it. Confuses me. What point do you intend to make, if you could help me out, please?

Hopefully, more than one person may have remembered something about a black SUV lurking in the area, at the time, or maybe in other places around there during that weekend, such as the plates and what state they may have been from? Could it have had markers on it, decals, have been a rental, limo service, etc... I imagine canvassing and reviewing footage of surveillance footage may provide more clues, now that a vehicle of interest has been identified?
If you can tell me what you are confused with, I'll try better to explain.

Rocky1, there's no indication the black SUV was seen parked right there, just along the road, best I can make out of what LE says. Stands to reason that if that's where Vanessa was dragged to, the black SUV may have been parked further away from that very spot as to not raise suspicion there?

Forget about my confusion. I've moved on.

Rocky1, there's no indication the black SUV was seen parked right there, just along the road, best I can make out of what LE says. Stands to reason that if that's where Vanessa was dragged to, the black SUV may have been parked further away from that very spot as to not raise suspicion there?

Forget about my confusion. I've moved on.
I agree. No indication the SUV was parked there. I was responding to Stelehearts comment in the first paragraph.

Encouraging to hear from LE, and I have appreciated everybody's posts. In my opinion as we go forward it is key to note the words from LE press release: the SUV is "dark", and LE wants info on men having access to such a vehicle at that date and time frame.

I wonder if LE know exactly where the SUV was parked and have gotten tire impressions from it that they hope to match to a local vehicle. I think LE have several little clues which they are hoping to piece together to give them a POI. Once they have a POI, they can test for a match of DNA collected at the crime scene.

IMO, Vanessa may not have been dragged to the spot her body was found, but IMO the perp trapped her with his car and chased her to that spot. I also think the perp had supplies at the ready in his vehicle. I'm not sure if it was a crime of opportunity or if VM was targeted, but I do believe the killer was prepared, as often is the case.

I can't help but wonder if they have a narrowed down suspect or even an accomplice, and the "dark colored suv" is a hint more to people who they know might suspect someone to finally turn them in.

Yup. That's exactly what I meant -- that they might have a POI who committed the crime or was an accomplice in mind, know he *might* have had access to a dark SUV and are fishing to see if someone can place it at the CS area. It also could be used to make POI/accomplice/someone they believe could be protecting perp sweat.

Certainly one possibility, IMO.

JEF, I believe, brought up a similar thought. (Forgive me if I got your input wrong, JEF, as I'm doing from recall.)

I am curious why so many are thinking this is so disorganized? I may be completely wrong, but I would think if it is as disorganized as people are saying, it would be solved by now.

I think there may be some level of disorganization due to her fighting beyond what was expected, but I don't see it as completely disorganized.

I am also wondering where the theory is coming from this is a young person, with parents possibly protecting the young person?? Why do you think parents are protecting child? Sorry, for the confusion, I am trying to figure out some of the theories , with so much speculation put forth , waiting for facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7