MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you google the article you'll see the image of the police searching a clearing. There are fallen trees and police tape.

The comment referencing the Boylston Rd search was a response to me saying that I didn't recognize the image location and did anyone have any ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There have been a lot if images and I want to be sure we are talking about the same one. Can you post it here? Or post a link to the image?

I am the one who originally posted that picture. I'm new to the forum and didn't realize links that are not from MSM won't post correctly. I did post the date and source if you want to google the story, but am not sure if even that is okay (sorry, if it's not). One thing I wonder - could that shot be of the cemetery on Connor Lane? That has mown lawn and is a place MSM reported police searched. Thoughts?

Also, I found another link that mentions a witness who saw her walking and talking on her cell phone at 1 p.m. I'm not sure if the source is MSM or not but will try to post it. Is this the same witness who drove past her and turned around then didn't see her?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lf-mile-mom-s-home-speaks-best-kid-world.html

I'm not sure if we know if they are the same witness. The report from the guy that saw her jogging, saw a car, and then didn't see her anymore was referenced on Greta van Sustern and was kind of strange. That report didn't mention a cell phone though.

Good idea - the Connor lane cemetery sounds like a possibility. I think it's actually called Woodlawn Cemetary. LE probably looked all over that Connor Lane area and that would explain the clearing.

The second one I'm almost positive is the cart path. The first one I always assumed was the part of the cart path back where she was found after it had been mowed. But I'm not really certain.

The first one where they are looking down, it's just my opinion but I do not see evidence of any burning there. Just not so dead rot.

There was an image however, which may have been in a video where they showed a different dead tree branch that almost looked more like upturned roots long dead. Those I recall seeing what appear to be dark marks high up consistent with flame. They also showed a small circular area beside it. LE had upturned this soil so it is hard to tell if the dark was for sure burning or not. But I do not know where those images came from.

14 miles from where I live...scary stuff..this NEVER happens around here.

It is scary stuff when it hits so close to home. VM's case occurred 4 miles from my childhood home and the place my parents still live, and I share many similarities as VM, from growing up, to education, to age range, to living in NYC...it's creepy for sure, it feels like a violation of your personal space somehow when someone dares to do something like this in your community.

These types of cases have creeped me out since a girl I knew was abducted from a few towns over on my birthday, a case that sadly remains unsolved to this day. :(.

Hopefully VM's case will see a swifter resolution.

It is scary stuff when it hits so close to home. VM's case occurred 4 miles from my childhood home and the place my parents still live, and I share many similarities as VM, from growing up, to education, to age range, to living in NYC...it's creepy for sure, it feels like a violation of your personal space somehow when someone dares to do something like this in your community.

These types of cases have creeped me out since a girl I knew was abducted from a few towns over on my birthday, a case that sadly remains unsolved to this day. :(.

Hopefully VM's case will see a swifter resolution.

Sorry to hear about the abduction on your birthday . That must be very hard to live with.

Sorry to hear about the abduction on your birthday . That must be very hard to live with.

Thanks. There isn't a birthday that goes by I don't think of her. It's weird too that VM was murdered 2 days after my birthday as well.

Wonder if the perp is from NYC - someone who knew her from there, knew she went to MA every couple of weekends etc. Slim possibility though - more likely someone local, probably someone close to BS Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree there doesn't seem to be burning in the first pic - just wanted to figure out where it might have been taken. I'm very certain it's not the cart path.

Here is a shot I came across of branches on the cart path. If you enlarge it, there seems to be one tree in particular that is burnt. But I don't think that's the image you mean, right?
attachment.php

The first one where they are looking down, it's just my opinion but I do not see evidence of any burning there. Just not so dead rot.

There was an image however, which may have been in a video where they showed a different dead tree branch that almost looked more like upturned roots long dead. Those I recall seeing what appear to be dark marks high up consistent with flame. They also showed a small circular area beside it. LE had upturned this soil so it is hard to tell if the dark was for sure burning or not. But I do not know where those images came from.

Attachments

• branches vm.jpg
    branches vm.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 181
1306Kayaker - I agree that it sounds like a different witness.

I'm not sure if we know if they are the same witness. The report from the guy that saw her jogging, saw a car, and then didn't see her anymore was referenced on Greta van Sustern and was kind of strange. That report didn't mention a cell phone though.

Good idea - the Connor lane cemetery sounds like a possibility. I think it's actually called Woodlawn Cemetary. LE probably looked all over that Connor Lane area and that would explain the clearing.

Wonder if the perp is from NYC - someone who knew her from there, knew she went to MA every couple of weekends etc. Slim possibility though - more likely someone local, probably someone close to BS Road.

Yes . If it is someone nearby , especially if not living alone, people associated with this person must detect something wrong and anything known should be brought forth to authorities.

The proximity to the cemetery certainly seems noteworthy to me

I agree there doesn't seem to be burning in the first pic - just wanted to figure out where it might have been taken. I'm very certain it's not the cart path.

Here is a shot I came across of branches on the cart path. If you enlarge it, there seems to be one tree in particular that is burnt. But I don't think that's the image you mean, right?
attachment.php

That's is the cart path for sure. But I believe the other image could be as well. Not 100% sure. Next time I'm driving by that way I'll keep my eyes peeled for grassy areas n either end.

Sorry for my ignorance, what is a "cart path?" Does it reference days gone by with horse and buggy, or? Where does it lead...to the cemetery?

Sorry for my ignorance, what is a "cart path?" Does it reference days gone by with horse and buggy, or? Where does it lead...to the cemetery?

Usually it is a path between farms to get from one point to another like by tractor or farm machinery. Also known as logging roads or fire roads.

No offense.. Cemetary means nothing to me. Please explained. Thanks.

It is my understanding that there is a cemetery further down that road, or very near by. Cemeteries often attract lurkers with unstable minds. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat Silva