MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has LE ever mentioned her phone or internet activity in the days /weeks leading up to her murder ? Tia to anyone who might know. Also, is it known if and where she worked out in NYC ?

I don't believe LE has mentioned anything about phone or internet activity. There has been so very little released. Nor have I heard if or where she worked out in NYC.

They received so many tips approx. 1,000. I would think there should be more known soon.?

Does anyone know where it is reported that she went to the store beforehand?

I am interested in this also as I really do not remember seeing it. But then again the old memory is not what it used to be either.
lizb I would imagine Google would have a complete gym for their employees
being the huge corporation that it is. But do not know that for sure.
Dont remember cell phone or internet usage either but they really have not released a whole lot at all.
If I have time today I will go back to the beginning of the thread and look for these answers. That is if there are any.

It was discussed very early on, I Believe on the first thread. It was stated that the police believed that she had been to the market prior to her run. There was nothing specifically posted about any witness verifying that she was there, but LE had some reason to believe that she went there. My guess is that her mother may have provided that information when asked about Vanessa's whereabouts prior to the run. It's a nice store. Like I said, I always enjoy going there whenever I'm in town. Probably an especially nice place to go for people who normally live in the bustle of NYC, a change of pace. Being a runner, part of my routine (and especially if it is vey hot outside) is to stop at Cumberland farms to get an electrolyte drink (Gatorade, smart water etc) a short time before I plan to run. I don't want to down it immediately before, because I want to absorb it and not have a stomach full of fluid, sloshing around while I'm running. Best guess is she went to hydrate before the run.

Regarding her routes and the cart path, she had 4 routes she typically ran. IN reviewing the maps, three routes were variations of a loop, all which passed the cart path just one time, and one route was an out and back route which would have passed it twice. The routes she took were always recorded heading north toward the path as she set out. This means she very likely passed the path right near the beginning no matter which route she took. If she took the out and back route, she would have passed it again, but only slightly later on, as this route was short- passing the cart path, continuing only for a short distance, maybe half a mile or less, and then heading back south along BSR passing the path again. All of this points strongly toward early abduction.

Speaking of running, it seems like a simple place to start with what few facts are known. She was an avid runner, clearly for years, known to use what people call map run and was involved in races. She had a regular running routine in that town. It appears running was a big part of her life in which she could have connections or be associated with someone through running that could be involved in this or connected in some way.

Regarding her routes and the cart path, she had 4 routes she typically ran. IN reviewing the maps, three routes were variations of a loop, all which passed the cart path just one time, and one route was an out and back route which would have passed it twice. The routes she took were always recorded heading north toward the path as she set out. This means she very likely passed the path right near the beginning no matter which route she took. If she took the out and back route, she would have passed it again, but only slightly later on, as this route was short- passing the cart path, continuing only for a short distance, maybe half a mile or less, and then heading back south along BSR passing the path again. All of this points strongly toward early abduction.

Just curious how it points to early abduction, when she could have been attacked anywhere on her route and then brought to the path?

Welcome.
I always thought that she was abducted at the beginning of her run, due to the timeline.
The only thing that threw off that line of thinking, is, unless the perp crossed the road to abduct her, she had her back to the traffic, if in fact that was the case.

One question for anyone. IF...she was abducted /attacked early on in the route. Why would the perpetrator decide to attack early (near her mother's house)(more risky) instead of following her to a later point in the route further away?

I agree with what Rocky said earlier, it is hard to imagine someone parking vehicle there to be seen, throughout this happening on the path.

One question for anyone. IF...she was abducted /attacked early on in the route. Why would the perpetrator decide to attack early (near her mother's house)(more risky) instead of following her to a later point in the route further away?
A few reasons.
The Perp knew the path, and was in his comfort zone.
If she was jogging around the block. once she hit Rt. 31. there would have been more cars on that road, and less undeveloped woods.
My question is, If she was abducted elsewhere, why would anyone bring her back near her Moms house, rather than drive her to a place with more seclusion?

A few reasons.
The Perp knew the path, and was in his comfort zone.
If she was jogging around the block. once she hit Rt. 31. there would have been more cars on that road, and less undeveloped woods.
My question is, If she was abducted elsewhere, why would anyone bring her back near her Moms house, rather than drive her to a place with more seclusion?

The only answer to that would be ...to make it look like someone else in that area did it. Just an example (with no facts whatsoever ) ...but that first person in the area questioned in interview who gave his dna (only for instance) (as an example).

The only answer to that would be ...to make it look like someone else in that area did it. Just an example (with no facts whatsoever ) ...but that first person in the area questioned in interview who gave his dna (only for instance) (as an example).
I know that theory has been played out here, but who do you think he was trying to pin it on? Do you think he knew Socks? How long would it have taken for LE to clear anyone else?
He would have had to not have a clue how LE works, and how easy it is for them to include/exclude someone. The same would go for a staged crime scene.

You might be assuming the perp knew where her mother lived and there's no evidence of that (yet). IF it was a crime of opportunity and the perp didn't know where she was staying then the distance from her mom's home to where she was found is not necessarily important.

Well I was thinking about the discussion that came from the new person's comments and someone waiting for her to go on her run. If so, the person could have seen 'where' she left from. Not necessarily knowing who's home it was, but a home base for her - the person would know and therefore attacking so quickly would be close to home base.

I know that theory has been played out here, but who do you think he was trying to pin it on? Do you think he knew Socks? How long would it have taken for LE to clear anyone else?
He would have had to not have a clue how LE works, and how easy it is for them to include/exclude someone. The same would go for a staged crime scene.

I have no idea. I am just tossing it out there as a speculated answer to your question. I didn't know it was discussed earlier. But your question made me think of it and then I thought of the initial interview with that guy in the area, and wondered about that. (or knowing him) etc. I believe they reported that someone called in that he did not show up for work and it was not clarified to be the same call as his relative (I don't think)

Running/Hiking feels like a somewhat slightly risky-ish sport for women out and alone. I'm thinking of the various cases in which a woman has been attacked, and I can't help but notice those who were out running alone when someone attacked. Or, more precisely, being a young woman, being out alone in any kind of isolated situation can be risky-ish.

- Vanessa Marcotte
- Karina Vetrano
- Sherri Papini
- Chelsea King

Just to name a few off the top of my head...and certainly by no means any kind of exhaustive list (nor is it intended to be).

And even if certain individuals were excluded. This person could think it would throw off the investigation to stay focused on that immediate area more than him (where ever he is) Even if he is in that neighborhood further away.

If the killer was going to go through the trouble to relocate her to the path, why not relocate her to a far more hidden area of which there are many? Furthermore, it would be highly coincidental that she was dumped so close to home. And if the killer did know that it was close to her home, it would have been even riskier and therefore even more unlikely. All logical indications are that the attack was sudden, and started and ended near the path.

I will say that I understand there are infinite possibilities here. I think we all understand that. I think the whole point of what we are trying to do here is to hypothesize about as many of these possibilities as we can develop, and weigh the circumstances against eachother to determine what is MOST LIKELY to have occurred. We can then use those pointers to develop better and more relevant questions that could help to develop an angle or a lead.

As to why the perp would attack early on, near to her mothers house: to me the answer is because it was the best place in the Vicinity. Good visibility down the road, very wooded. Other areas nearby or on her route were less remote. The place speaks for itself- this is where she ended up, and we are still looking for the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member