MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at it doesn't add up. A vehicle coming along at the precise timing of the end of the guard rail where she is running and the path is? I am back to thinking the vehicle was only part of this.

It is my personal feeling that no accelerant was used. Not unless Perp stashed it as the CS prior to the abduction. Adding an accelerant under the dry conditions would have done far more fire damage than what we see in the CS photos.

Please, ForensicMass, do not go into those woods alone. Do you happen to own a drone?

Agree, agree and agree..be careful ForensicMass

Good to see you back, Lawdini. Great posts, all. Wow, DeDee, brave and awesome, you and Dad. Happy Holidays everybody. Somewhere in the early articles it was noted that this location was excellent for hiding but having a long view both directions. So it does seem that the gully played a part. But how does a guy scramble out of hiding undetected so as to ambush? Also, I think her ear buds were on the missing items list. Maybe she could not hear him coming? This case is just so hideously sinister.

DeDee brings up an interesting point. I wonder if this perp did stash some type of "kill kit" in the crime scene ahead of time. It really does seem planned to me. Planned, anticipated, fantasized about, and re-visited in memory. UGH! And so brazen, being in broad daylight, so near her house, and carried out on private property I think, or basically in somebody's woodsy acreage anyway. So arrogant and evil.

I hope the Marcotte family can find a measure of peace this Christmas, and I hope that they will be given justice in the near future.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Thoughts with the Marcotte family and RIP Vanessa.

Merry Christmas everyone . Thoughts with the Marcotte family and prayers for Justice.

Nice job, thanks for sharing.
Who do you think was in the Suv. a PI?

The particular area is infested with gangs, gun running, illegal immigrant safe houses, drugs and did I mention gangs? A 19YOWF, Jessica Chambers, was immolated alive; airlifted; died in the hospital from her severe burns within hours.

My father pointed out evidence on the ground, four months later, from the fire being on the young lady. Also, I spied a tiny piece of nylon lace that was peeking thru the soil NEAR THE TREE where I thought she may have been tied. (She wasn't.)

Taking a stick, I gently removed the clump of fabric then deposited the clump into my trunk. It required several days of gentle soaking to release the soil, debris and pine bark before realizing what we had discovered. It was lady's size S lacy underwear. I was trembling when speaking with the FBI. Her killer, as it turned out to be, was a 27YOBM recent parolee, whom she knew briefly, who murdered again in LA about a year later.

A rape assault and murder + burning VM are vicious and heinous unacceptable acts in an area with or without gang problems, drug problems, crime issues, and such. Surely a sexual sadist in the Princeton area would have harmed animals or been arrested for disorderly conduct or similar priors.

Didn't someone post earlier that stats indicate 89% (and dropping) of the time the victim knows their killer? The odds are that VM knew her killer.

Merry Christmas! :heartbeat:

May Peace be with VMs family and loved ones on this first Christmas without her lovely presence. I remember VM tweeted that she loved Christmas. We love you, VM.

:rose:

Merry Christmas! :heartbeat:

May Peace be with VMs family and loved ones on this first Christmas without her lovely presence. I remember VM tweeted that she loved Christmas. We love you, VM.

:rose:
Merry Christmas, DeDee!

For what it's worth on the defense classes issue. I asked my girlfriend who is Vanessa's age if she had ever taken a self-defense class and she had not. I then asked her if she knew what to do if someone were to try to attack her in that situation and she said that the number one thing is that she would not allow anyone to put her into a vehicle, as she was aware that her chances of surviving diminish greatly if someone gets her into the car. I think it's fair to say that whether or not Vanessa took self-defense classes she was certainly aware of self-defense classes since she referenced them in her old post and therefore I think she was also aware of basic self-defense strategies. I believe that there is no way that Vanessa would allow someone to forcibly put her into an automobile against her will.

I still think that someone tried to get her into a vehicle and she resisted with everything she had because she knew enough to reason that resisting immediately gave her the best chance of escaping the situation.

It would explain the ballsy kill site. After having a cab driver ask me questions you only ask if you're hoping someone doesn't have family around and wouldn't be reported missing because you plan to do something and even going as far as to ask a weird question about if I live alone before being near my home I now wonder if there is a possibility she took a can often enough ever to have a stalker via that. I highly doubt that but my mind went to this case and others I follow and especially when I saw the cab drive past a few times after..also she likely ran when he tried that so that means he's fast and strong if he was able to catch her

Looking at it more, I can see what you said earlier about someone hiding out there, on the side of the road, in the bushes. It seems like a difficult place for a vehicle to pull over and very obvious if someone did. It is not like roads with a larger breakdown lane. Looking closer at the area gives more perspective. It seems someone would have to be walking, hiding, biking, or running. Not sure what part the vehicle plays in it, clearly some part it would seem.
This just crossed my mind but what if he parked on the opposite side of the road as the bushes he'd have hid in knowing she likely would cross the road rather than run by a parked car? He could have tested it before months earlier. I know I likely would cross. He could also have faked fixing a tire and asked for help or faked being hurt so she'd help. So glad everyone isn't posting because of the holiday so I could catch up and now that I'm done wrapping gifts it's time for bed. Merry Christmas guys. Also when the crime scene is visited maybe forenseicmass can make a video of it all and even get the cops to search the pond? He also could have weighed down the missing shoe with clothing once wet they'd hold it down and the shoe would sink eventually once drenched. The one shoe and not two at the memorial still creeps me out and makes me wonder

It would explain the ballsy kill site. After having a cab driver ask me questions you only ask if you're hoping someone doesn't have family around and wouldn't be reported missing because you plan to do something and even going as far as to ask a weird question about if I live alone before being near my home I now wonder if there is a possibility she took a can often enough ever to have a stalker via that. I highly doubt that but my mind went to this case and others I follow and especially when I saw the cab drive past a few times after..also she likely ran when he tried that so that means he's fast and strong if he was able to catch her

Not too many people taking cabs to Princeton. Barely any in Worcester even.

Not too many people taking cabs to Princeton. Barely any in Worcester even.

I kinda assumed as much but with the bad feeling I was left with after my cab ride it makes me curious if some serial killer cab drivers exist, if this guy lives near the site of her death maybe the dude walks there and visits and walks home without cops noticing his car parked. As far as someone kn the area doing it goes.

I was in Princeton the day before xmas randomly and ended up driving down BSR which I hadn't really done since before all the foliage fell.

A couple things caught my attenention and I tried to snap some quick photos...but they are only so so because it was from a moving car. I can try to get some better ones this week....i really want to get one at the cart path head where you can see how the end of connors lane and the start of the path are the same place.

Here is Connors lane entrance: as you can see it s blocked. It also runs pretty close to the road and you can see the stone wallabies running parallel to the road for a bit north of it.

The path is a dead end...the property she was found on is the same Guyanese who owns the connors lane property....wealthy with a gorgeous White House. Also I happen to know he was home on that day and did smell burning.

Attachments

• IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 29
Here is a picture of the cart path coming up the road from the south:

IMG_1694.jpg

(I'll post my observations below)

I know you can't tell in the second picture but the guard rail ends and the path opens to the road just after where the guard rail cuts off.

If you look closely you can see the cart path running into the woods...what I was surprised by was how deep the gullys (not just near the road) but along a good chunk of the path they are. You can't really get a sense of that when all the foliage was out.

The other part that kind of took me by surprise though I'm not sure why...was just how open everything is ... you can see clear down that path...which means the only thing concealing VM that day was the foliage....other then that she was completely exposed, just left out there and so clothes to homes and the road.
(This has also had me thinking....that I don't think who ever killed her was planning to kill her that day....I just think they would have been more prepared ... like with a shovel perhaps....it feels to me that he just used what he had on hand to cover his tracks....if he planned it, it just seems like he would have packed a shovel over a blow torch for example)

Lastly....I took that picture just after passing the driveway of the last house before the cart path (northbound, same side as path).....you can see there property also is cleared more in the back and extends north into those same woods a bit....when I mapped the driveway to the cart path it was 350ft! It's crazy this house can pretty much see the murder scene from their backyard now that Foliage is gone.

Now it's easy enough to find who lives there because town easement records are public and maps are on the town website, and it's easy to find how long they lived there by real estate records. One thing that did stand out was the fact the male occupant of that home (in his 50's)....use to live in Leominster.

Oh one last thing....I took notice to see if any neighbors would be able to see into the marcotte she home which is easier now with no foliage...and it doesn't appear that any neighbor would have a line of site to have been able to Spy on her in her home.

One last thing I have been thinking about....as they look into people...be they neighbors etc...if say they looked into the guy with a driveway 350ft from the crime site...but they have zero evidence linking him to this....and he refuses DNA .... so until they had enough evidence, not just circumstantial evidence to force him to give DNA...there not much they can do right?

What I mean is even if they had a few circumstatially suspicious people on their list, if those people don't willingly give up their DNA...doesn't LE kind of have its hands tied until they have enough for a supeona?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste