MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky, going straight through the trees from the crime scene brings a person right by that pond and out onto Hubbardston where some houses are.

My question is in regards to the pond. Anyone know if it was searched? I apologize in advance if this was already addressed.

My question is in regards to the pond. Anyone know if it was searched? I apologize in advance if this was already addressed.
I haven't heard about a search of the pond.
It was said that her clothes , one shoe, and her phone were missing.
At first I had only read about the clothes, and I was under the impression at that time that "missing" meant off of her body.
If someone threw the shoe in the pond, being a running sneaker, would it float?

I haven't heard about a search of the pond.
It was said that her clothes , one shoe, and her phone were missing.
At first I had only read about the clothes, and I was under the impression at that time that "missing" meant off of her body.
If someone threw the shoe in the pond, being a running sneaker, would it float?

Yes shoes float.
Thanks all for your concern, I'll be sure to be safe. I actually typically meet with police when I visit town anyway. They provide a traffic detail for me.

Regarding hubbardston road, the house beside the store is (last I knew 1 year ago) a wonderful older woman. The next one down is a rental, I'm unsure who's there these days. At one time it was owned by the folks who own(ed?) the mountainside market.

Showing on Google Map, there are more than 2 houses on that road. (In fact that road goes quite a ways) But, the ones near the market you may be talking about are not the ones directly through the woods from the scene.

From the google map on that road, with no break down lane and little grass, it would be very obvious for a vehicle parked there at any length of time.

It gives a whole different perspective seeing what that area is like.

From the google map on that road, with no break down lane and little grass, it would be very obvious for a vehicle parked there at any length of time.
Actually, there was a lot of tall grass all along BSR during that time. In Sept, they mowed along the road.
That's another reason that makes me think that if there was a vehicle parked on the side, the tires would have matted it down, and if that's the case, I would have think LE would have elaborated more at the Aug 11th press conference.
I think it's fair to say, one of the first things they looked for was tire tracks, both in the path, and along the road.

Actually, there was a lot of tall grass all along BSR during that time. In Sept, they mowed along the road.
That's another reason that makes me think that if there was a vehicle parked on the side, the tires would have matted it down, and if that's the case, I would have think LE would have elaborated more at the Aug 11th press conference.
I think it's fair to say, one of the first things they looked for was tire tracks, both in the path, and along the road.

Good point! If it was long there where I see on this, it would be matted down for sure. There is no break down lane.

I think looking at the google maps really shows a lot. The way the road is and the side of it. Where Radford road is, and around the corner. The pond between, etc.

Good point! If it was long there where I see on this, it would be matted down for sure. There is no break down lane.
You are right. You'd have to pull off in the grass. No breakdown lane wide enough for a car to pull off the road all the way, but wide enough that is sure does make a great road to ride a bike on. Especially compared to Rt.31 that has no shoulder. BSR runs parallel, and if I was riding a bike, I'd choose that road over Rt.31 any day. In fact, if I had to stop to urinate, I can't think of a better place than that path. I wonder how the guy knew about that path.

You are right. You'd have to pull off in the grass. No breakdown lane wide enough for a car to pull off the road all the way, but wide enough that is sure does make a great road to ride a bike on. Especially compared to Rt.31 that has no shoulder. BSR runs parallel, and if I was riding a bike, I'd choose that road over Rt.31 any day. In fact, if I had to stop to urinate, I can't think of a better place than that path. I wonder how the guy knew about that path.

I see what you mean. And from looking at it, there are no pull over areas or anything for a vehicle to be parked there for particular reasons (hiking, etc). Good question, how the guy knew the path.

All that can be seen is, straight roadway, trees, woods, no breakdown lane , narrow space and some grass. Not that there is anything there in that area to be there for. Clearly a vehicle would stand out for certain, IMO after seeing the area.

I think looking at the google maps really shows a lot. The way the road is and the side of it. Where Radford road is, and around the corner. The pond between, etc.
I know it's been discussed, but, if you look at the path from the road, with the guard rail to the right, (64 Brooks Station Rd.) You can't really see behind the guardrail, but there is a gully behind it, that I didn't notice until I drove by after the fall foliage. It looks like someone could have hid there, not be seen by cars, yet watch for a someone walking/running from the south. (the right of the guardrail)
You can get a better idea of how deep that gully is if you look at the height of the telephone pole, or even better, go back to the previous discussion, where I posted pictures after the foliage showing the end of the path near the road. It's time stamped.

Radford road that she ran and the other road are really closer than I expected. It takes following it on google map. That leaves time for her running and this to happen. We are talking about 2 hour time frame.

I know it's been discussed, but, if you look at the path from the road, with the guard rail to the right, (64 Brooks Station Rd.) You can't really see behind the guardrail, but there is a gully behind it, that I didn't notice until I drove by after the fall foliage. It looks like someone could have hid there, not be seen by cars, yet watch for a someone walking/running from the south. (the right of the guardrail)

You can get a better idea of how deep that gully is if you look at the height of the telephone pole, or even better, go back to the previous discussion, where I posted pictures after the foliage showing the end of the path near the road. It's time stamped.

I remember you posting that. But I will look where I was looking now.

I agree about the tire tracks both along the side of the road and the path. If you look back at thread #1 or #2 there are pictures and I believe video of a news reporter in the area (cart path) VM was found. IIRC and IMO it didn't look as if a vehicle had been down the path but I could be wrong. Looked more like foot traffic had been in and out of the path. I was just going off of what I could see from pictures and video.

If you are looking at 64 BSR, at the path, it's possible that he hid behind the tree, but, he would have had to expose himself for about 25 or 30 feet in the open, and I could be wrong, but, I think she may have saw him through the corner of her eye,and started running. If that is the case, and he caught up to her, that leaves them both exposed to traffic for a longer period of time, with someone driving even at a distance away, because he had to drag her back further. If she was running/walking in the other direction, she would have seen him for sure, unless she was along the guardrail, and same thing he's exposing himself, taking a huge risk. If he's waiting for her, he struck when she first walked by, after leaving her moms, because he doesn't know if she is going to turn around at Radford, or continue her walk/run around the block.
That's what makes me think he was in that gully.

If you are looking at 64 BSR, at the path, it's possible that he hid behind the tree, but, he would have had to expose himself for about 25 or 30 feet in the open, and I could be wrong, but, I think she may have saw him through the corner of her eye,and started running. If that is the case, and he caught up to her, that leaves them both exposed to traffic for a longer period of time, with someone driving even at a distance away, because he had to drag her back further. If she was running/walking in the other direction, she would have seen him for sure, unless she was along the guardrail, and same thing he's exposing himself, taking a huge risk. If he's waiting for her, he struck when she first walked by, after leaving her moms, because he doesn't know if she is going to turn around at Radford, or continue her walk/run around the block.
That's what makes me think he was in that gully.

I see what you mean about the gully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member