MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh... I went back and read that description from Westborough and Northborough case.... that sure would be a coincidence. So just speculating that if its the same guy he probably didn't know Vanessa Marcotte and this was a random act of violence.

This case hits so close to home for me as a female runner. I hope they get him before he can hurt anyone else.

Suspect was observed to be light skinned Hispanic with shaved head. It would seem to be a mighty big coincidence if unrelated to northboro Westborough. That's why a couple weeks ago, I got thinking about those previous cases. I'm thinking those incidents may hold the key.

For a synopsis of those cases go. BAck a couple pages. I posted fairly recently.

Good work mate.

If they are connected, it would seem that we're dealing with a predator who is brazenly out hunting for victims - and that he did not know Vanessa but came across her at random in the initial stages of her jog.

I think in one of those Northboro/Westborough incidents it was reported that there were 2 men in the vehicle.

In Vanessa's case, if there were also two men in the vehicle, perhaps the killer got dropped off and that the dark vehicle was only parked on the road briefly (to maybe drop the killer off, and then return to pick him up perhaps with a blow torch etc.).

Uhh... I went back and read that description from Westborough and Northborough case.... that sure would be a coincidence. So just speculating that if its the same guy he probably didn't know Vanessa Marcotte and this was a random act of violence.

This case hits so close to home for me as a female runner. I hope they get him before he can hurt anyone else.

Which I have asserted would make more sense in terms of why this case has been so difficult to solve. If this was some very very local person or someone knowing to Vanessa I felt like they would have captured him along time ago. strictly demographically speaking there are not very many Hispanic people living in Princeton and although there are Shirley some Hispanic people living in the neighboring towns this looks like it could be a Worcester area based person to me

Good work mate.

If they are connected, it would seem that we're dealing with a predator who is brazenly out hunting for victims - and that he did not know Vanessa but came across her at random in the initial stages of her jog.

I think in one of those Northboro/Westborough incidents it was reported that there were 2 men in the vehicle.

In Vanessa's case, if there were also two men in the vehicle, perhaps the killer got dropped off and that the dark vehicle was only parked on the road briefly (to maybe drop the killer off, and then return to pick him up perhaps with a blow torch etc.).
Thanks Joshua. Yes I have not been able to rule out the two person scenario. Thanks Joshua. Yes I have not been able to rule out the two person scenario. The only thing that causes me pause with the two person scenario is that if two people were involved it does not seem sensible to me that the SUV was parked for any appreciable length of time and further this suspect of Hispanic discent was apparently seen "driving "the SUV. If he were the attacker I would expect a separate individual to be the driver. Of course it is possible that he was the driver and it is also possible that he may have been with someone else who would also fit the general profile description

If he was out hunting for victims in his vehicle, he likely had stocked the vehicle in advance with everything he thought he would need.

Perhaps a blowtorch, some tape to put over the victim's mouth, and some rope or other material to restrain her.

This would explain why nobody heard anything, and why the burning was controlled and specific.

This is awesome news ! So they have a suspect. Made him from DNA taken from him. Fantastic. And not connected at all to KV in NYC...

Is perp from Northborough/Westborough and decided to move further away to satiate the unthinkable? Some profiler commentary would be helpful now. Tend to doubt perp would take Pike from there, so prob no toll data to mine, but clearly they should be.

Other cameras en route via backroads?

I think the break could come from someone in public where new information will jogs their memory about a co-worker being scraped up around that time. This is real progress, folks...was praying for a profile.

Was VM killing the last to happen in the sequence of the other attacks?

Need to know level of confidence of perp being hispanic in order to eliminate other enthic possibilities/false positive - like "definitely hispanic" or "could be hispanic could be Filipino" or whatever.

pay attention to neighborhoods of perp ethnicity - do they cluster? Dense cluster? DMV records deep five for Worcester county. Media needs to carry this big time in the greater Worcester area. Just keep carrying the news. This case will be solved I believe.

dates and times of prior assaults: perhaps we can determine if perp holds a 9-5 job vs night job etc. do a teardown of what his likely profession is.

Over half of Worcester's Hispanic population is Puerto Rican. Wonder if they can drill down to that detail.

This may sound a loud bell for the community to remember if such a person has been seen. Notice the athletic build description.

Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. said Thursday that the person of interest in the killing of Vanessa Marcotte is a Hispanic or Latino man, about 30 years old, with light to medium-toned skin, and an athletic build.

He said the description was based on a combination of the DNA profile and witness statements.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vanessa...ads-to-development-in-slaying-of-mass-jogger/

Suspect was observed to be light skinned Hispanic with shaved head. It would seem to be a mighty big coincidence if unrelated to northboro Westborough. That's why a couple weeks ago, I got thinking about those previous cases. I'm thinking those incidents may hold the key.

For a synopsis of those cases go. BAck a couple pages. I posted fairly recently.

Does not seem to fit the killer's description in VMs murder whom LEO feels is Hispanic; although, he does have short cropped hair.

Westborough Suspect Sketch
20642003-mmmain.jpg

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/06/police_release_sketch_of_suspe.html

Does not seem to fit the killer's description in VMs murder whom LEO feels is Hispanic; although, he does have short cropped

The sketch doesn't look particularly Hispanic, but if you read the accompanying article, the do describe the Northboro suspect as Hispanic looking.

The Northborough victim described the man that assaulted her as Hispanic-looking, 5-feet-8-inches tall and in his 30s. She said he was wearing khaki shorts and a black t-shirt. The woman in the Westborough incident described one of the men as wearing similar khaki shorts and a dark t-shirt, police said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I am so happy! I check this site almost daily, but didn't check yesterday.

Some progress! Fantastic! I want LE to get this/these *&^% off the streets and punish him/them mightily. I have believed all along that they will get this guy/guys -- and we're now closer to that.

ForensicMass, your original post on the possible connection between Vanessa's killing and the Northboro and Westborough attempted abductions was excellent -- as I said at the time. With the new info LE just released, it seems a possible connection is even more likely. I do agree with you that LE probably already knew the likely description of the killer from people seeing him in the dark SUV, so LE might not know anything new. BUT keep in mind that getting this info out to the public IS progress because it might lead to someone (like a neighbor or coworkers, etc.) calling in a tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member