GUILTY MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry ,but I think it is 100 percent inappropriate for award to be given for catching a killer PRIOR to trial and publicized. Accused are innocent until PROVEN guilty and this also taints a jury and interferes with any actions to review trooper's actions , etc

Hope this does not come back to haunt them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone else find the story the DA told about the trooper having to write the license plate on his hand etc. a little hard to believe?

It would be harder for me to believe he remembered it off the top of his head without writing it down, unless it was a customized license plate, which it wasn't.

If he was on duty in a state police vehicle he has a radio and laptop at his fingertips...no reason to write anything down.

But I'm sure all those details will come out at trial..just doesn't sound very plausible at the moment with the details given.

I have my own theory on this but it's probably not good to speculate and there is no sense in trying to aid the defense. To me it does sound kind of hard to believe. But I hope it turns out to be true and the trooper is lauded even more.

Respectfully snipped.
I have my own theory on this but it's probably not good to speculate and there is no sense in trying to aid the defense. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with this 1000%! Please let's not publicly pick apart any part any of LE's actions/the prosecution's case.

Even if the trooper had a radio and laptop in his car, quickly grabbing a pen and writing the plate no. on his hand seems plausible. It may have occurred like that, it may not have, but the point is it is plausible. It's much faster to grab a pen than deal with a laptop, which may have been closed or off or not as handy as the pen. As to the radio, at that point in time, I don't think a trooper would radio in anything -- it would seem premature.

Not picking apart LE it just seems like it was embellishing a story that needed no embellishment. Just a very small detail in a much bigger story.

While I'm at it...I saw on 2 separate media reports that the witness identified the vehicle as a Ford Escape. Do you think that's possible that LE would withhold that information?

While I'm at it...I saw on 2 separate media reports that the witness identified the vehicle as a Ford Escape. Do you think that's possible that LE would withhold that information?

Yes. It's very specific and may have caused the perpetrator to leave the area. There aren't that many Hispanic-looking men in Ford Escapes. It would also help them sort the useful tips from the rubbish.

(I'm speculating, of course. I don't have the faintest idea why LE does or doesn't do anything.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official murder charge being reported on local Boston news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry ,but I think it is 100 percent inappropriate for award to be given for catching a killer PRIOR to trial and publicized. Accused are innocent until PROVEN guilty and this also taints a jury and interferes with any actions to review trooper's actions , etc

I agree with you, however, the award given was by the local Knights Of Columbus, for providing the information to make the arrest, not "catching a killer." He is still an innocent man.
In the scale of things, it is a small award. The Knights Of Columbus is a private club that holds community functions and bingo.

I agree with you, however, the award given was by the local Knights Of Columbus, for providing the information to make the arrest, not "catching a killer." He is still an innocent man.
In the scale of things, it is a small award. The Knights Of Columbus is a private club that holds community functions and bingo.

That's much better to know. Kind of surprised the police allowed him to accept it before a conviction but as you say it was worded appropriately.

But I'm sure all those details will come out at trial..just doesn't sound very plausible at the moment with the details given.
I think those details will come out at the trial too.
One would think that if he is a trooper in uniform, in a marked cruiser, he would also have a small notepad in his shirt pocket to go with his pen. Most cops carry one, and that's the first thing they pull out when asking someones name on the street.
On the other hand, the circumstances may have not allowed the time to do that if he was trying to catch up to him, or trying to read the plate from a distance etc.
Hard to say.
What doesn't sound very plausible to me, is this Trooper would drive to AO's house to question him, leave his card, and then return the next day. I would think a Detective would have done that part.

I would say that all depends on how the witness described the vehicle.
For example...
The witness says.. "To me it looked like a dark colored Ford Escape"
The detective says.."Are you sure it was a Ford Escape"
The witness says.. "I am almost positive"
If it was me, I'd hold back from saying the make.
On the other hand..
The witness says.. "To me it looked like a dark colored Ford Escape"
The detective says.."Are you sure it was a Ford Escape"
The witness says.." No doubt about it. I owned one exactly like it."
If it was me, I may release that, after showing him a bunch of pics, and watching his reaction while having him point to the right one.
Then again, I am no detective!

Yes I think that is exactly what they would do - just a generic description. People's memories are not really that reliable. If they had asked about an Escape and someone may have a memory that they saw a car there but thought it was a blue Mazda Tribute, they might not call.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf
Back