Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the point of snapchat and its fast auto deletion (if that's what it is) - is so the receiver of a photo etc cannot simply easily re send it to someone else? But LE can retrieve the messages?
Im not where I can open the link . TIA.

Right. It's like hanging with your friends in real time...only you're...not lol!
(Or something like that).

These things are so important to me now since I have an 11 yr. Old Daughter. I am speed learning. I should get some kind of degree! Ha!

I think you can take a screen shot of a snap and save it that way. But they are meant to auto delete.

That said, "The Internet is forever "is the rule of thumb I teach my kids.

Here's a hilarious tutorial, "My Little sister taught me to snapchat like a teen" :

http://www.buzzfeed.com/benrosen/how-to-snapchat-like-the-teens#.hfkMQ77Pqp

It seems to flow so fast, not actually sure how much is recoverable.

Not going to lie, I followed this thread in the beginning and then it blew up and I have just skimmed the posts.

Where is the video of him "going into water"? Like who has it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not going to lie, I followed this thread in the beginning and then it blew up and I have just skimmed the posts.

Where is the video of him "going into water"? Like who has it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,
They haven't released that one yet, they may never release it to the public.

Well, if someone can screen shot your message or photo, what's the point of auto deletion? Im missing something; and I agree . internet is forever, so be careful.

So there are also snapchat "stories". I believe those remain.
I'll have to ask my kids for the details. But this is what I do know...

So the clubs/bars my kids patronize have snapchat. When people are there partying they snap pics and videos of themselves and the club/bar keep it in their story.

There are snapchat "groups" that they join. Like my town has a snapchat group and my kids post their pics and videos there, too.

Too much!

Also, do you guys know if minus 9 was the actual temp or the temp with wind chill? TIA Not that it matters that much bc it was dang cold either way.

Well, if someone can screen shot your message or photo, what's the point of auto deletion? Im missing something; and I agree . internet is forever, so be careful.

My kids screenshot many of their snaps. They are very into snap-art and save their works of "art".

Most people probably don't capture, it might even be an unspoken agreement among those who use the app. (Keeps parents and whomever out of the loop!). So instead of typing (old school text talk for "Parent Over Shoulder""). They send and it disappears in a *snap*

So there are also snapchat "stories". I believe those remain.
I'll have to ask my kids for the details. But this is what I do know...

So the clubs/bars my kids patronize have snapchat. When people are there partying they snap pics and videos of themselves and the club/bar keep it in their story.

There are snapchat "groups" that they join. Like my town has a snapchat group and my kids post their pics and videos there, too.

Too much!

I did not all this. I am so behind the times!
Let me ask you this. My daughter does all that using instagram. Why use an app made self destruct, if you intend to save?

I did not all this. I am so behind the times!
Let me ask you this. My daughter does all that using instagram. Why use an app made self destruct, if you intend to save?

Well, they always alter their snaps. They draw on them. Add text. Add motion. Add music. It's cooler than IG. They think.

If you saw some of the snaps.. You would not believe it!
One of my kids is amazing at snap art. Seriously. And its all done with his fingertips!

I always tell him, if all else fails...he's got a future as a snap artist. HA.

Not to mention...snap chat just added a feature where youcan add rainbow colored vomit oozing out of your mouth!!

Well, I think I have a little time to study up on it. My daughter just asked me, "what is snapchat" when I asked if she knew of it...

I was all... " never mind" lol!
I'm not ready yet!

Hmmm... according to this article Snapchat claims they are deleted from the servers, BUT not from the phone!

Huh. Apparently the file extensions are just renamed and made inaccessible so they can be written over...

Change the file extension and they become accessible again... who knew?

http://www.businessinsider.com/snapchat-doesnt-delete-your-private-pictures-2013-5

LOL Well someone needs to tell Snapchat that when they delete it from their servers it is merely made inaccessible so it can be written over. That is what Law Enforcement forensics experts are for! So yes, they can and do retrieve stuff that has been deleted.

MOO

At this rate I'm dreading the inevitable final news story on this case but am mostly worried about his family going forward. The cousins are going to need a lot of support to effectively deal with this or it could haunt them forever. They need to really understand that this is not their fault but guilt can weigh so heavily that this will be quite a burden. Amanda strikes me as a bright young lady and I pray that she does not let this crush her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute