Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My son went to college in Pittsburgh, a city with lots of high bridges over deep water. I had a few nightmares, let me tell you. But I showed him some of the cases and explained that I thought the main reason few women fall into bodies of water is that they're much more careful about keeping track of each other. And he and his friends were more careful when they went out, not that they drank much anyway. Maybe that's something you could explain to him?

I did that too. Back with the Shane Montgomery case and then this, Zach Marr, case. I told him about the cases and asked his thoughts on college aged boys going to a bar and then getting separated from the group and heading toward water. I asked him what he'd do if he found himself outside bar and unable to go back in with his group.

Hopefully talking about it is enough. I also talk to my DDs about bad stuff too. I remember I was a kid when the Adam Walsh case happened and my mom had me watch the news coverage with her and she talked openly about the situation...was scary to me but whenever I was walking home from the bus stop, and my parents were away at work, I was well aware of my surroundings. I even walked up to neighbor's door once or twice when I was unsure of a car driving by.

i can understand what you're saying, and i am not trying to be contrary here. i write this with all due respect....

but having spent several years counseling grieving families, it's incredibly misguided to say what anyone should or shouldn't be doing at any given point following a loss. what you think you would do might very well not be what you would actually do, and even if it is what you would do, it may not be what another person needs to do to cope with his or her own grief. if they aren't causing harm to themselves or others, who are any of us to judge how people we don't know are grieving this horrible tragedy?
BBM
Well said! As the saying goes:

"Experience is the biggest killer of theory"

http://www.wcvb.com/news/state-police-responding-to-report-of-body-in-charles/38443340

BOSTON —State police on Thursday confirmed that investigators responded to a report of a body in the Charles River.
A body was located and removed by searchers, according to a WCVB photographer at the scene.
No other details were immediately available.
Here we go...

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

Was the video clear enough that they are sure it was Zach and not someone else falling in?

There is an older man missing from same area. I posted a link a few days ago. :lookingitup:

My heart sank when I read a body had been found. Rose when I read they didn't think it was Zack. Still hoping for a miracle too even though every sign points to that not happening in this case. Prayers for the person and their family that was found.

My heart sank when I read a body had been found. Rose when I read they didn't think it was Zack. Still hoping for a miracle too even though every sign points to that not happening in this case. Prayers for the person and their family that was found.

Hope dies hard in the heart...But Zach had a family, friends, a job, a bank account, a cell phone... A life that he isn't using... I don't think he's alive to do so. Sadly. I wish there was a way to "hope"...but I'm not seeing one.

This is a dedicated thread for the Zachary Marr case. Please remember to stay on-topic.

:tyou:

Where else have missing young men been found in the water?

Saturday will mark four weeks since 22-year-old Zachary Marr went missing . Police say the search for him remains active, and that they are still focusing their attention on an area along the Charles River where authorities have said surveillance camera footage appears to show Marr falling into the water.

It wouldn’t be the first time tragedy has struck at the water’s edge. Since 2009, at least 10 bodies, mostly of young men, have been found in the water in the Boston area. The most recent case happened Thursday.

But Boston is not the only place where a series of deaths in similar circumstances have occurred within several months or years.

Since 1997, the bodies of at least 10 young men have been pulled from rivers in and around the relatively small city of La Crosse, a college town along the Mississippi River in Wisconsin, according to news reports.

In numerous other communities, including other Midwest cities like Chicago, Minneapolis, and Milwaukee, there have been clusters of cases of young men turning up dead in the water.

More at link...https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...found-water/QpYywfzjCjfVfR5wvbBjKK/story.html

I keep checking in. It is almost like it is "safer" , here, to find out what happens next, as oppossed to a cold news report - if that makes any sense...............

Prayers for his family and him. Hope he is found soon.

BOSTON, MA — State Police said they received a report of a body in the Charles River in the Leverett Circle area.

The body was reported to be floating near the locks, police announced it about 6 p.m.

Authorities have been searching that area for Zachary Marr, the 22-year-old from Harvard who went missing in February. He was last seen leaving the Bell in Hand Tavern and walking in the Leverett Circle area.

State Police did not immediately identify the victim found in the river.

http://patch.com/massachusetts/boston/charles-river-reports-body-found-water-0

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandi72