Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know if my child turned up missing... and I had all my friends in my apartment scrambling around looking for said child.. and then I call the LE.. and they too come in and scramble around looking.. and in this chaotic process my two small children slept on peacfully and never woke NOT even when the LE picked them up to carry them out... I would think that perhaps something was wrong with them. The idea that Kate didn't or G didn't makes me think they KNEW why those 2 kids didn't wake up so didn't check them.My children are grown and I too recall that they could sleep through a storm or me vacumming... BUT a room full of hysterical people looking for a vanished child?

ITA...in fact, it's a shame that LE didn't rush them to the hospital for bloodwork and observation to make sure that the "abductor" didn't drug them since K&G swore they hadn't and the twins were so deeply asleep.

If a stranger had been in my child's room, I'd want them to be checked out.

Here is another thought about the sleeping twins.Just say the twins and Madeleine were drugged.Kate would know this of course,She is also a very slight woman.On normal days when the children are not drugged I can say she could pick up both the twins at the same time.

A child that is in a deep sleep is like a dead weight (no pun intended!!) Carrying one such child is a chore but carrying 2...yikes! Also say she could manage carrying both in this sleeping state.It would draw a lot of attention from people of a mother running back to the table shouting "They have taken her!!" and the little ones not even stirring.People would be able to tell something was not right with the twins and that could not happen.

Maybe.Just a thought that came to me as a what if.

Angelmom[/quote]If a stranger had been in my child's room, I'd want them to be checked out.[/quote]

EXCATLY! Especially since I knew I had lied about checking on the kids and that more time than I admitted to the kids were alone and IF a perp had alone time with them... I shudder at the thought.
The ONLY reason I can fathom that the twins were not checked out by a hospital staff person would be if I knew nobody had been in that room and was absolutly certain those twins were not in any sort of danger or had been hurt. So how could they know that? Yes they are doctors and could check the twins themselves but I find this highly unlikley considering the circumstances here.

Do we know for a fact that the twins were not checked out? IMO I really don't think we know alot about this case.

Why does everyone think the parents had something to do with this?
Because the twins didn't wake up? Well when my 4yr old fall into a deep sleep not alot will wake her - if she stirs a bit she is not fully awake and doesn't remember any of it in the morning. Maybe Maddie was a sound sleeper so it wasn't hard for a stranger to grab her and leave with her. We don't know any history of how sound the children usually slept so maybe that is why the parents were not too concerned when they didn't wake. I would have to image that Kate was in shock when she discovered Maddie missing - her gut reaction was to get her husband, but she is getting slandered for doing that rather than the way someone else may have reacted. While I think they showed very poor judgement leaving the kids alone to eat dinner - hindsite is 20/20. IMO- I'm sure they would never do that again.
Gerry is doing all he can think of to help Maddie - he is going to different agency that help locate missing or exploited people to see what they do and what he can do. If he wasn't doing anything they I might think he had something to do with this.
Also if they had something to do with this would they not want to get back to UK fast and resume their life. No they refuse to leave until they have Maddie back. IMO They put their life on hold.
Maybe I missed this but at the beginning I can't recall them ever asking for money - that was just something that started by people not knowing any other way of helping.

I hope and pray Maddie is found soon and safe.

Do we know for a fact that the twins were not checked out? IMO I really don't think we know alot about this case.

Why does everyone think the parents had something to do with this?
Because the twins didn't wake up? Well when my 4yr old fall into a deep sleep not alot will wake her - if she stirs a bit she is not fully awake and doesn't remember any of it in the morning. Maybe Maddie was a sound sleeper so it wasn't hard for a stranger to grab her and leave with her. We don't know any history of how sound the children usually slept so maybe that is why the parents were not too concerned when they didn't wake. I would have to image that Kate was in shock when she discovered Maddie missing - her gut reaction was to get her husband, but she is getting slandered for doing that rather than the way someone else may have reacted. While I think they showed very poor judgement leaving the kids alone to eat dinner - hindsite is 20/20. IMO- I'm sure they would never do that again.
Gerry is doing all he can think of to help Maddie - he is going to different agency that help locate missing or exploited people to see what they do and what he can do. If he wasn't doing anything they I might think he had something to do with this.
Also if they had something to do with this would they not want to get back to UK fast and resume their life. No they refuse to leave until they have Maddie back. IMO They put their life on hold.
Maybe I missed this but at the beginning I can't recall them ever asking for money - that was just something that started by people not knowing any other way of helping.

I hope and pray Maddie is found soon and safe.

I TOTALLY agree with you. While I respect that we are all entitled to an opinion.....I cannot imagine what makes anyone think that the McCann's are guilty of anything other than being too trusting.

Leaving 3 tiny children ALONE to go eat at the Tapas Bar... that isn't "being too trusting" in my book... to me that is negligent... especially being as they were in a different country in an area that they were not very familiar with. Of course this is my opinion, which I totally recognize... but that is how I feel.

Leaving 3 tiny children ALONE to go eat at the Tapas Bar... that isn't "being too trusting" in my book... to me that is negligent... especially being as they were in a different country in an area that they were not very familiar with. Of course this is my opinion, which I totally recognize... but that is how I feel.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I completely disagree...but I still don't see how anyone suspects them of any direct foul play.

Okay but just because they used poor jugdement doesn't mean they had anything to do with someone taking her. Fine you can call it "negligent" but I am sure they also feel really bad. As well they have to live with that guilt. But IMO it doesn't add up that they actually had anything to do with the abduction.

There are 10 threads devoted to this case. We have been discussing it for months. It might help you to understand why some feel that the parents could be complicit if you re-read the many details that have contributed to numerous hinky meters going wacko.

One thing we have all agreed on is that regardless of who did what, all we really care about is finding Madeleine.

Are the McCanns involved? Only God knows....

I wouldn't go so far as to say I completely disagree...but I still don't see how anyone suspects them of any direct foul play.
i can only speak for myself here. a few things make me feel the parents might be guilty of more than just neglect. the fact 2 such well educated people would do something as amazingly stupid as leave 3 little kids alone in a room in a strange place so they can have a nice dinner... as a parent it is hard for me to buy the story. the parents blog about leaving their other kids in daycare every day after maddie went missing. as a parent i know i would hold mine so close they couldnt breath after a event like this. i know because my first child was still born and with both my kids after i would check their breathing every hour. i would take them to the doctor every time they sneeze. now that they know it can happen to them how do they leave the kids every day? they blog about jogging and hair cuts and as a parent i dont see how you get out of bed once some1 takes your baby much less worry about how you look. they like the press. lots of interviews but they will not come out with a public time line. their story does not match what the people working at the bar saw and these people seem to have no reason to lie. if a stranger did it he would have to watch the parent and know they left the kids alone but nobody remembers being watched. the stranger would have to get in the room and take her without waking the other kids and leaving behind no sign of how he got in. he would have to trust this outspoken child not to wake and call out for help. if he was watching why was he not overcome with fear with the parents running to the room every 10 minutes as they claim to have done. when you look at what is more likely for me it adds up to the parents not a stranger.

My Friends....

Tomorrow I leave for a 3 day road trip and chances are I will not have alot of time for posting or gathering info for you all. I know that CaliKid and others will cover for me.

Since I am a fairly frequent poster, I just wanted to let you all know so nobody becomes concerned.

Please excuse the personal nature of this post, I am just trying to be considerate of my friends...

....actually, I am looking forward to not thinking about the mess in Portugal for awhile...:blowkiss:

I think that if I was eating dinner in a restaurant and there was a table of however many adults it is (I forget sorry) and they were on the time schedule they claim.... I am fairly sure I'd notice if they had to go anywhere near my table or were in my line of sight. Then again, I usually sit so I can see a window or a door when we eat out to help my anxiety. I tend to notice when people go in and out. Maybe it's just me that worries about being able to see the door? (Man, that makes me sound like I'm loony.)

It sounds like it was incredibly distracting behavior, if they did what they claim. People constantly scooting a chair back, getting up, setting down their linens, walking out, coming back, picking up the linens, scooting chair in. Next!! Repeat the task over and over during the entire dinner. How in the world is that relaxing to them or anyone else around their table?

I can't say for sure I'd notice since I wasn't placed in that kind of a situation before, but I think I would remember once it became headline news that there were some incredibly aggravating people at that table who wouldn't sit still.

Though, my first thought would have been that they were out sniffing something. Not that they were checking on children.

My opinion and all that stuff yay.

(Edited to add.. Have fun colomom!)

Sherri - I am very sorry to hear about your first child. The pain must have been unbearable. I can only hope you find comfort knowing that angels take the best care of each other.

Is there any corroboration by other people of the dinner party and McCann's "check" times? Did anybody else note the people getting up and leaving so much?

If indeed, their timeline is true.

The only ones who remember the McCanns and their friends getting up were the McCanns and their friends. The restaurant staff claims a gray-haired man (Russell O'Brien) wasn't at dinner most of the night, and nobody moved until KM checked her children. Considering the parents and friends have been in a$$-covering mode from the beginning, I believe the staff.

. . .I appears to me that the term "suspect" in Portugal would only apply if a person was placed in Arguido status. Therefore, suspect is the wrong word. I believe we would get a different answer if the question was asked like this: "Are the parents under suspicion?" . . .
I would at first glance say your thoughts make sense except for this article quoted which sounds very much like the "suspicion-vs=suspect" issue were both answered.
Saturday, August 11 07:45 pm
". . . Mr Sousa also said the young girl's parents were not being considered as suspects despite reports in Portuguese papers this week suggesting they were now under suspicion. . . ."
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20070811/twl-police-admit-madeleine-may-be-dead-41f21e0_1.html

In light of that article I have to have some doubts about the suspect-vs-suspicion issue but I will say that I have known some times when L.E. in the USA have said they don't have a suspect until they actually arrest someone but, on the other hand, when they repeatedly say a person is not a suspect in a case and is not suspected of committing a crime it usually means they have ruled out those people for reasons of the investigation such as alibi, better suspect with better evidence etc.

Still, your thoughts do make some sense and I suppose in time we will know. There is some reason to doubt the shadowy "suspicion" status you mention in light of the article I quoted but I suppose in time we will know for sure.

There are 10 threads devoted to this case. We have been discussing it for months. It might help you to understand why some feel that the parents could be complicit if you re-read the many details that have contributed to numerous hinky meters going wacko.

One thing we have all agreed on is that regardless of who did what, all we really care about is finding Madeleine.

Have a wonderful trip, colomom. We'll hold down the fort for you.

I am fully aware of the length of this discussion, and have read thousands of articles, but I still don't see anything suspicious about the McCann's behavior. Clearly, they didn't do everything as we might, but still, I fail to see what's so 'damning' in what they have done or said.

Of course we ALL want Madeleine found safe and well. You'd have to be a lot crazier than I am to think otherwise.

Sherri, that must have been a horrible experience for you. I lost my 2nd child through an early miscarriage, and it caused me to go into a deep depression for awhile. So I know what you mean about feeling over-protective.

Okay but just because they used poor jugdement doesn't mean they had anything to do with someone taking her. Fine you can call it "negligent" but I am sure they also feel really bad. As well they have to live with that guilt. But IMO it doesn't add up that they actually had anything to do with the abduction.

I have never had a child disappear or die. I have no personal experience about that kind of grieving, although I've lost both of my parents, numerous other relatives and several very close friends. Even though I experienced profound grief for those I love, I imagine the abduction or death of a child involves a special kind of agony.

That is why the behavior of the McCanns baffles me. If you were to go back and look at pictures of Madeleine's parents right after she disappeared, you would have no choice but to feel sorry for them. They looked so sad and lost. But something funny happened around the second or third week. They "perked up", as my mother used to say.

Parents of children who have been abducted don't just perk up. Look through the newspapers or even through the past threads- we've posted pictures of parents whose children have gone missing and/or died. Most can't function. They stop eating, stop sleeping, imagining all sorts of terrible scenarios happening to their kids. They live at the police station or hang on to every word spoken by LE, grasping at straws to find their child alive and safe. They don't smile and prance around, making long-term plans, and they have a very rough time separating themselves from their remaining children, worried that at any time the kidnapper might strike again.

But what did the McCanns do? They never stopped putting the twins in the creche, for one thing. They began jet-setting around the world, visiting the Pope and heads of state, and IMHO, they don't look like they're grieving the death or abduction of their oldest daughter. They appear to be putting on an act. Oh, KM might be a little thin, but she's fit and tan, hardly immobilized by grief and depression. It's all about photo-ops- showing off the twins, clutching Cuddle Cat, going to church, releasing balloons- primarily to win people to their side and deflect criticism of leaving their children alone.

If you were to go back over the past 106 days worth of posts on this subject you'd find parents who have:

1) Made a lot of lame excuses about leaving their children alone for an entire week while they went out to eat and drink and refused to admit to their neglect.
2) Lied about how far the bar they were drinking in was from the apartment- it's 120 yards, not 50, 40 or 20. It's definitely NOT like eating in your own back yard.
3) Lied about whether the door was unlocked and whether the window had been tampered with.
4) Lied about how often the children were checked on and by whom.
5) Showed very strange behavior upon finding their daughter gone- Kate screaming "they've taken her" (no idea who they are), leaving the twins in the room her daughter has supposedly been abducted from, not mentioning Maddie's favorite toy up where it shouldn't have been, the sleeping twins, etc.
6) Set up (through friends) a media show and fund-raising campaign within two days of the abduction.
7) Poo-poohed every single sighting of a child who might have been Madeleine in numerous countries without a single spoken wish/hope that it is or expressed disappointment when they turn out wrong.
8. Not spent a single dollar hiring private investigators to search for her.

There's lots more if you want to look. This is just a summary. But it's why I suspect the McCanns have something to do with Madeleine's demise.

From a spanish source:
http://www.20minutos.es/notici.....e/[/quote

Here is information about "tests" ( bits of evidnence, it would seem) which point to a single suspect...

''They are five new tests. They have been found in the cars of the parents and their friendly. They assure that the investigation concentrates in a single suspect. Five new and important tests could give an upset to the investigation on the disappearance of Madeleine, according to has informed the Portuguese judicial police.

The tests are in the cars of the parents and of their amigosLos dogs, following the scent of the girl, has found those tests in cars confiscated by the police.

Between the vehicles they are those of the own parents and the British citizens who the night of the disappearance shared table cloth with them.

The investigation now concentrates in several objects and textile fibers.

The DNA it is not of “Maddie”

While, the British press has informed that the DNA found in the room of Madeleine is not of the girl.

Apparently, it belongs to the renter who rented the apartment after the McCann.

Although the police lusa assures to not know the results of the analyzes realized to the blood samples picked up in the apartment of the McCann, also has counted that now the investigation concentrates mainly in a single suspect.
At the moment, the Portuguese forces of security have not clarified whom it is.''

A single suspect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members