Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if LE has any new leads to follow. It is hard to find a missing person when the leads dry up and they have no idea where to even look. My heart goes out to Maddie's parents. I don't know how they stand it not knowing where their daughter is. No matter how the abduction came about these are parents that have lost a daughter. I'm sure that they are riddled with guilt and will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

Maddie has been gone for a long time now and it is doubtful that she is still alive unless she was taken to be sold in some way. Maybe not even then. I hate to think of the kind of life she is living if she was sold into some kind of *advertiser censored* thing. I think it would be more mericiful if she weren't alive if that is the case. She is such a little girl and just to think of what could be happening to her is horrible. I wish they would catch the person or people who took her.

Mystery Call Linked To South America

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1269394,00.html

It sounds like LE is beginning to take the telephone call seriously.

I hope that this isn't someone just toying with the parents. There are people like that in this world but I hope this person isn't one of them. Why call just once though and not call back or leave a way to contact him? If he wants money I'm sure those parents would gladly give him whatever he wants in order to get Maddie back. I really hope this is for real.

I hope that this isn't someone just toying with the parents. There are people like that in this world but I hope this person isn't one of them. Why call just once though and not call back or leave a way to contact him? If he wants money I'm sure those parents would gladly give him whatever he wants in order to get Maddie back. I really hope this is for real.

My gut tells me this is a false lead. Seems at least in the public eye, as well as the parent\s that nothing more has come from this.

Yes, way to many of these kooks in the world.

I am here in BsAs this weekend//and not a word mentioned in media, no posters,etc.

I am going to print out some and post in touristy and public areas/I see they are in eng and port/ need to find one in Spanish..or translate..but there must be one, since they were in Madrid recently.

Sadly Madelaines story is fading in the Australian media, no more clues or leads have come to light, which to me is not a good sign of a safe ending. I hope I am proven wrong.

Sadly Madelaines story is fading in the Australian media, no more clues or leads have come to light, which to me is not a good sign of a safe ending. I hope I am proven wrong.

I am with you Shazza.

Looking for posters to download--went to official site

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

also have been searchig net for awhile...cannot seem to find any. What am I missing??? I could swear there were some for printing and posting:waitasec:

Maybe I am just having one of those moments of confusion............ugh.

I am with you Shazza.

also have been searchig net for awhile...cannot seem to find any. What am I missing??? I could swear there were some for printing and posting:waitasec:

This thread does that to you petra, confusion, with all the different ideas from different posters, there is so much to wade through and sort out in your mind, you think you got it sorted and then someone throws in a whammy and makes you think differently. We need more facts, witnesses and people to tell the truth before any new news comes to light.

"Earlier this week a man telephoned police saying he had information about Madeleine's whereabouts. However, it was revealed yesterday that the call, which was traced to Argentina, was made by a career criminal who had hoped to extort £500,000 from the McCanns."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...+down+'tour'+for+missing+Madeleine/article.do

"Earlier this week a man telephoned police saying he had information about Madeleine's whereabouts. However, it was revealed yesterday that the call, which was traced to Argentina, was made by a career criminal who had hoped to extort £500,000 from the McCanns."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...+down+'tour'+for+missing+Madeleine/article.do
Hope this is not another hoax, it it isnt then Madelaine is alive and well. Please let this little gril come home.

Thanks for the update Roughly Collie.

Had a feeling it might be a hoax, interpol would be on it in a heartbeat.

This thread does that to you petra, confusion, with all the different ideas from different posters, there is so much to wade through and sort out in your mind, you think you got it sorted and then someone throws in a whammy and makes you think differently. We need more facts, witnesses and people to tell the truth before any new news comes to light.

You are right, it's all way too quiet now.
I hope they get some good leads soon and Madeleine comes home safe.

I am with you Shazza.

Download poster here:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1265589,00.html
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...q=Madeleine+McCann+poster&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en

That's so great you are going to post them petra!

I found it by doing a Google Image Search on Madeleine McCann poster.

That's so great you are going to post them petra!

I found it by doing a Google Image Search on Madeleine McCann poster.

You are so cleaver :)
Hopefully, the posters won't bring out more nuts and hoax telephone callers from Argentina. Will also put some up in Uruguay, when I go back in a couple of days. The ports are always a good place. Doubtful she is around here, but who knows.:(

You are so cleaver :)
Hopefully, the posters won't bring out more nuts and hoax telephone callers from Argentina. Will also put some up in Uruguay, when I go back in a couple of days. The ports are always a good place. Doubtful she is around here, but who knows.:(
What a great thing you are doing Petra, getting her face out there will make sure she is not forgotten, still praying for a miracle for Madelaines safe return.

Thanks Such a small thing.

Parents go to Morocco before taking time to grieve and reflect

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1269847,00.html

Shazza--I am joining you in thoughts for a miracle.

The parents jetsetting around the country while their little girl is missing does not sit well with me at all. Whether we like it or not the media attention they are getting is negative and makes them look like parents that have no feelings, I would not be able to turn me feelings off and do what these parents are doing, I would be in one spot right beside a phone, more than likely sedated waiting for the LE to do their job to find my missing child, and as they are jetsetting who is looking after their other children whom I would be terrified to leave their side, they need their parents with them, but they are probably used to not seeing them often.
The McCanns should let the LE do their job and they should be doing their job, being concerned parents to their other children whilst waiting for the safe return of Madelaing.

I pray everyday for this little girl.

I don't know, if the parents weren't doing this, there would be zero info about the search for Maddie, her case would be already forgotten. The only links we get about the case with new info is via their travels. Bad press is better than no press if it can help bring their child back.

I don't know, if the parents weren't doing this, there would be zero info about the search for Maddie, her case would be already forgotten. The only links we get about the case with new info is via their travels. Bad press is better than no press if it can help bring their child back.
The press we do get is only about their travels not about their missing daughter, the media tell us about them meeting the pope, about where they will be travelling to, about their itinerary for the day, week etc.
It shows us the photo shoots with two of their children, yes I think this is bad press for bad parents. We dont want to know what they are doing, we want to know where Madelaine is, is she alive. But by focusing on the parents we are taking the focus from where it should be, with what is being done to find a missing girl. The media should be showing more photos of Madelaine so that it is etched in the faces of people who may have seen her and can come forward with information. We have no more new information. The case is going cold.

Prayers for Madelaine.

Absolutely - it keeps the McCann's and therefore Madelaine in everyone's minds. The Portugese police don't seem to be realeasing any info which would help keep Madelaine in the news so the parents need to be out there - all press is good press for Madelaine.

Re the parents traveling I read a good article the other day by a psychiatrist who said he thinks the parents are just pushing themselves and keeping busy so they don't have to face the reality of their daughter being gone. I can totally understand this and the longer this goes on the more sorry for them I feel - even though I don't agree for a second with them leaving the kids alone in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member