Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madelines eye is going to be hard to disguise.

It may not be so hard to disguise though dingo. I was at a Beauty Supply store yesterday and they sale non prescription contacts in different colors.

Thats a thought Philmena...I just wondering now that after all the media coverage about Madelines eye if maybe she has been made to wear contacts.....that is if the poor little mite is still with us:(

This is how the story was initially reported a couple of days after Madeleines disappearance:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/05/nmadel05.xml&page=1
Last Updated: 12:45am BST 07/05/2007
Page 1 of 3 < note there are 3 pages.

Here's a snippet and I think cover some of the inconsistencies

Trish Cameron, Mr McCann’s sister, said she received a telephone call from her 39-year-old brother, a consultant cardiologist, who was "hysterical and crying his eyes out".
She said: "They had put the kids to bed at 7pm and checked on them every half an hour as they had dinner nearby with the rest of the party. Gerry said the window was open, the shutters broken and the door, which had been locked, hanging open.
"Kate came screaming back to the group crying, 'They've taken her, they've taken her'. Gerry was crying and roaring like a bull.
Jon Corner, a close friend of Mrs McCann and godparent of the twins, said she telephoned him in the middle of the night distraught.
He said: "She just blurted out that Madeleine had been abducted. She told me, 'They have broken the shutter on the window and taken my little girl.'
"They had left the apartment locked while they were having their meal, but when they went back the last time they saw the damage.
"First they saw one of the window shutters had been forced, and then they saw the door was open and the bed was empty - and Madeleine was gone.

What started to emerge later on is:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=454466&in_page_id=1770

Until now, it was believed that shutters at the front of the apartment had been jemmied open by the little girl's abductors. But Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa, spokesman for the investigation, has confided in British former Chief Inspector Albert Kirby that neither the windows nor their shutters had been tampered with.

Mr Kirby, who led the investigation into the abduction and murder of Liverpool-born toddler Jamie Bulger, revealed that it was the unlocked patio doors of the apartment that allowed Madeleine to be taken away swiftly and quietly.

Gerry and Kate McCann would have used the patio doors as they checked on their daughter and her twin siblings during their meal near the Mark Warner holiday complex swimming pool and it is these doors that were left unsecured. The McCanns and all their friends on the holiday left their patio doors open throughout the evenings for fear of fire.

Mr Kirby told The Mail on Sunday: "I had a very interesting chat with the officer in charge. The window shutters are not an issue. "Their mechanism makes them almost impossible to open. The door was left unlocked. They did that every night.

This is just an example of some of the 'inconsistencies' but just posting this in order to maybe give you a better understanding.

Jdee - I pm'd you with possible alternative ways to get into the link (didnt want to waste more space on the forum) It contains a jpeg picture of Dawn and her daughter.

Wow this is just unbelievable.
mjak

“I have also picked up that they cut Maddie’s hair and made her look like a boy.”

I said this from the beginning and have wondered why they have not shown altered pictures of her with different hair color and looking like a boy.
I know they have professionals and programs that can do this, but since we haven't seen anything, I messed around with my Photoshop and came up with these "altered" images, in case her hair is shorter or darker.

Original Pic:
6gtga5g.jpg

I "shortened" the hair by using "smudge" and "clone":
4ly4cv5.jpg

I made the hair darker, "smudging" the natural darkness from the top of her head, down - giving more "bangs", also:
5xiotb4.jpg

Really makes me wish I had the software to do this kind of thing, my examples are awful, but you get the idea that she could definitely be made to look different with shorter, darker hair.

Thats a thought Philmena...I just wondering now that after all the media coverage about Madelines eye if maybe she has been made to wear contacts.....that is if the poor little mite is still with us:(

dingo,
I hope and pray she's still alive. She's been gone a long time though.:(
28 days right?

I know they have professionals and programs that can do this, but since we haven't seen anything, I messed around with my Photoshop and came up with these "altered" images, in case her hair is shorter or darker.

Original Pic:
6gtga5g.jpg

4ly4cv5.jpg

I made the hair darker, "smudging" the natural darkness from the top of her head, down - giving more "bangs", also:
5xiotb4.jpg

Really makes me wish I had the software to do this kind of thing, my examples are awful, but you get the idea that she could definitely be made to look different with shorter, darker hair.

Sie,Sie,
What a great job. Maybe a law enforcement agency will see your work.
It really enabled me to see exactly how Maddy would look with shorter, darker hair.

dingo,
I hope and pray she's still alive. She's been gone a long time though.:(
28 days right?
It has been a long time Philmena and each day makes it harder to believe shes still alive:banghead:
Im still saying a prayer for her though.....maybe this story will have better outcome then what we are used too.

Thankyou SieSie for the effort you have put into the pictures..it really does show how easily her appearance could be changed.

Salem, there is a blue/grey button on the bottom right that says "QUOTE." Just click on that button and you'll be taken to a screen where you can just type under the message you want to reply to. One BIG favor for the moderators though. If the Quote is large, please edit it down to a smaller size before you reply. It will be a huge help as it saves us space and time!!

Thank you Jeana! :)

Thank you for this link CarpeDiem :) ! The explanation about why they might hire attorneys was enlightening. Especially when it was said that they (McCanns) would probably like to have them when they were interviewed.

I am trying not to be too judgmental. I suppose if I was in a foreign country and did not understand the legal system, I would want to have someone with me that did understand. I mean the whole investigation process is unlike anything I am used to, here in the states and it sounds like it is different from what happens in the UK also.

And I agree, the parents do look tired.

Anyway BB starts here in the UK this eve, that tends to dominate, especially after the publicity re the 'Shilpa Shetty' row:-

There's even going to be a 'police squad' monitoring events:rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=458340&in_page_id=1773

:)

--snippet--

Mr Kirby believes Portuguese police will solve the case of the missing toddler within days. He said: "I am impressed by the investigation. I have a feeling we will have a result by the end of the next week."

Paper was dated 5/30/07. From the article MoonGodess posted.

I hope I quoted the right message with the right link. This is from the "Mr. Kirby" article.

Reading this, I get the impression that the parents may become POI's.:(

Original Pic:
6gtga5g.jpg

4ly4cv5.jpg

5xiotb4.jpg

Wow, I think those are great. You should send them to the administrator of her website. http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

I wouldn't call them awful, I've seen some age progression pictures that are put out there that are definitely awful (Shawn Hornbeck's) and many other's.

--snippet--

Mr Kirby believes Portuguese police will solve the case of the missing toddler within days. He said: "I am impressed by the investigation. I have a feeling we will have a result by the end of the next week."

I hope I quoted the right message with the right link. This is from the "Mr. Kirby" article.

That's interesting because the forensics from the apartment AND the Murat home are due any day now. I just don't know how any result can be accepted without the recovery of Maddie. Of course, if they found any trace of Maddie in Murat's home, he's done.

I am trying not to be too judgmental. I suppose if I was in a foreign country and did not understand the legal system, I would want to have someone with me that did understand. I mean the whole investigation process is unlike anything I am used to, here in the states and it sounds like it is different from what happens in the UK also.

Yes, when I realized they were actually appearing in Court, I could understand the lawyers. But then again, they were appearing as witnesses, not defendants, so perhaps it is a little much. Lawyers don't usually make things move quicker, they slow it down a good bit. And speed is what they would want to get their daughter back or to get answers as to what happened and where she is.

It may not be so hard to disguise though dingo. I was at a Beauty Supply store yesterday and they sale non prescription contacts in different colors.
You can buy contacts in different colours, but the line that comes from her iris would not be covered by the contact, it is such a defining line, you would be able to tell if it was Madelaine even with contacts.

--snippet--

Where did you get the impression that the parents may become POI's? They did not kill her, sell her, or cover up an accident.

Where did you get the impression that the parents may become POI's? They did not kill her, sell her, or cover up an accident.
We dont know what the parents did yet, but they were somehow involved besides endangering a child.

don't know if this one has been posted yet...

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/6704

"Maddy&#8217;s parents also faced the harrowing task yesterday of scanning CCTV film for a glimpse of their kidnapped daughter.

Footage at a garage in Portugal captured an image of three suspects, including a woman, with a girl who matched Maddy&#8217;s description. The camera also caught the car&#8217;s British number plate and the registration has been circulated by Interpol and British police."

..."Two of the three suspects in the CCTV footage that may show the missing girl have been identified by a man who claimed he caught them photographing his own child two weeks ago."

..."The description of the woman also matches that given by a witness who spotted someone acting suspiciously outside Madeleine&#8217;s bedroom on the night of her disappearance. The CCTV footage from the garage shows a young girl with a blonde, middle-aged woman and two men. The child apparently wanted to say something, which made staff suspicious.

Crimestoppers has revealed that police are examining 14 potentially vital new leads after hundreds of calls from Portugal to a new number..."

Originally Posted by Salem
--snippet--

"Reading this, I get the impression that the parents may become POI's.:(
Where did you get the impression that the parents may become POI's? They did not kill her, sell her, or cover up an accident." packerdog

We don't know that they did not kill her, sell her, or cover up and accident. All that we do know is that Maddie is missing, her parents say she was kidnapped. I am not bashing the parents when I say this but anyone who would leave a child alone as they did with the inconsistencies in their story is still suspect in my mind until there is solid evidence to the contrary.

I got the impression from the way Mr. Kirby described his interview with the Portugal police. The use of the words "confided" "no problem with the window shutters, almost impossible to open" "door unlocked" (these are not exact quotes) and the general undertone of the article.

I would welcome being wrong. And it appears from the latest article posted, that I may be. Maybe today they will find those 3 people and question them.

And again - I send my prayers up for Maddie to be found safe and to come home quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member