Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm speechless. Hey, maybe they staged the whole thing so they could have an extra 2-3 months in the sun! Maybe they paid someone to kidnap, rape and murder their daughter so they could visit the Pope and walk about Morocco...unfortunately there was a mix-up and the perp didn't take the twins too, as planned...

Maybe she 'accidently' died and they panicked, knew they'd lose their BMA Licence if proved negligence on their part, along with losing the twins........just a thought!

I'm actually proud I have not been hypnotised by the media or by them by buying into the image they are busy promoting........

I really do not mean to offend you, we all have different opionions.

There are a lot of opinions on this forum regarding the parents. I think most agree that leaving the 3 children alone was extremely poor parenting and something the parents will have to live with for the rest of their lives. I think there are few of us that believe they have been "vacationing" around using their missing daughter as an excuse to carry on with their vacation plans. You can see the pain in their faces increasing with each new photo. Reality is setting in. These parents may not be nominated for a "parents of the year" award, but I do feel for them. I can't even begin to imagine the pain they're going through. I think they don't know what to do next which is why they are just "doing". I'd do the same thing.....anything and everything to keep her name in the media. Critics be damned....they're already living in hell. I pray for them as much as for Maddy.

Britgirl, welcome to websleuths, hope you stick around! I too have posted before also that they are keeping on moving forward so this whole thing won't crush them. When my son was born with a handicap, I had to grieve for the son I had planned on having and also had to keep moving or else felt like I would totally lose it. People kept telling me to slow down, but I couldn't. I kept a brave front and rushed on with life trying to outrun that tidal wave that was about to consume me. It was quite a while before I could slow down and begin to deal with reality. Not that my situation is anything like the McCann's and I don't mean to imply that it is. However, I tend to feel that Maddie's parents are experiencing this same type of emotions and I feel for them deeply. But truly, if Mr. McCann doesn't want to look indifferent to the world, he needs to change his blog or stop it altogether, I'm sorry--that's just the facts. Many people aren't going to understand where he is coming from because his behaviour is unique and when you behave differently, for whatever reason/however innocent that reason may be, people are going to judge you harshly.

My prayers for Maddie.

The above is a repost that got lost in the shuffle.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1270454,00.html

Snippet from link:

But Clarence Mitchell, speaking on behalf of the girl's family, said: "There is no suggestion that this letter is any more credible than any other source and the McCanns are not planning to say anything about it."

Their Foreign Office liaison officer Clarence Mitchell left Portugal on Tuesday and no new spokesman is expected to be appointed for at least a week......is this the same > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Mitchell Clarence Mitchell is the Director of the British Government's Media Monitoring Unit. He was formerly a reporter and presenter for BBC News.

Handy for a bit of 'spin' if it is one and the same person which I think? it is.

Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said the parents werevery upset at reports of diggers moving in.
In a blog, father Gerry McCann said: "We were extremely disappointed in the publication of the anonymous letter in The Telegraaf (Netherlands) claiming to know where Madeleine is buried

I thought Clarence said they wouldn't be commenting:confused:

Yes an odd thing to say, If it is their child surely they'd want to know, no matter how grim the discovery may be:confused: why is that insensitive?

He is bragging about his fu$%$%$ time it took to make it to the top of the monument on his run! What's to misinterpret?

Cal
YOU have decided he is "bragging". I don't think it's bragging. We have different interpretations. MY interpretation is that he's trying to keep his family "real" to the public (the Find Madeleine website is hugely popular). I actually found his entries about the running, etc quite poignant.

Maddie and the search was just on the news. They said that whilst the man who they believed murdered the 2 Belgian girls is in jail it is thought his accomplice is not.

I'm pretty sure the McCann's holiday to Portugal was only ever going to be for a week until Maddie went missing. I don't believe their trips to other countries were a continuation of their holiday plans. I also wonder if people who don't live over here can really comprehend how easy it it to move from country to country and how absolutely easy it would be for Maddie to be as far away as Morrocco - and therefore how important it is to get her face and story in the news in these different countries.

I mean no disrepect, I am from New Zealand and until I lived here I wouldn't have been able to imagine the ease with which people can move from country to country. If it was my child I would do whatever it took to get her face out there. I certainly don't agree with everything the McCann's have done - not in the least - but they are paying the ultimate price.

Another thought - maybe the parents have to keep moving and are not spending much time with the twins at the moment because when they stop or see their other children the guilt of leaving the kids the alone and knowing Madelaine probably wouldn't be gone if they hadn't is too much. If you think about it, they not only have to deal with their child being missing, they have to deal with the guilt - so maybe it's not surprising they are acting differently to other parents whose child has gone missing, but it wasn't because they left them alone in a foriegn country.

Up until May 3 the McCanns lived the tranquil life of a family of five surrounded by family, friends and their careers. For all I know, they are probably the nicest people you'd ever meet anywhere and incredibly loving parents to their three kids.
On the night that Madeleine disappeared, Gerry and Kate McCann put their own interests over the well-being of their children- they went out to eat and left them alone in an unlocked apartment way beyond earshot. Aside from the fact that their daughter was kidnapped, anything else could have happened- a fall from bed, a fire, wandering outside, etc.
Since the kidnapping I have read enough double-speak to make me very suspicious. From the McCanns saying that they checked on their children every half-hour to the restaurant staff claiming nobody left their table the entire time they were eating, there are too many questions about what really happened.

These people are megalomaniacs if I have ever seen it.

If I HADN'T killed my daughter and the story is as being told, I would be even more consoleable than if I had done it. The thought that my carelessness would drive me to the brink of insanity.

I would let my wife handle the twins and it would be my mission every single waking moment to FIND MY DAUGHTER. I wouldn't have time for walks, runs, jogs, leisurely meals, and definitely WOULDN'T HAVE TIME FOR HIGH TEA IN THE AFTERNOONS WITH OTHER PARENTS AS IF I WAS AT THE COUNTRY CLUB.

Best case, these parents reak of something wrong with them. Worst case, they reak of something wrong with them.

Cal

Britgirl, welcome to websleuths, hope you stick around! I too have posted before also that they are keeping on moving forward so this whole thing won't crush them. When my son was born with a handicap, I had to grieve for the son I had planned on having and also had to keep moving or else felt like I would totally lose it. People kept telling me to slow down, but I couldn't. I kept a brave front and rushed on with life trying to outrun that tidal wave that was about to consume me. It was quite a while before I could slow down and begin to deal with reality. Not that my situation is anything like the McCann's and I don't mean to imply that it is. However, I tend to feel that Maddie's parents are experiencing this same type of emotions and I feel for them deeply. But truly, if Mr. McCann doesn't want to look indifferent to the world, he needs to change his blog or stop it altogether, I'm sorry--that's just the facts. Many people aren't going to understand where he is coming from because his behaviour is unique and when you behave differently, for whatever reason/however innocent that reason may be, people are going to judge you harshly.

My prayers for Maddie.

The above is a repost that got lost in the shuffle.
Hi! Thanks for the welcome. I absolutely agree with you, and thank-you for sharing the situation with your son. I really do feel that the emotions the McCanns are going through are as you've described.

I'm a mother too and I just don't know how I'd behave in the McCann's situation. Like everyone on this forum I pray she's found safe and well.

YOU have decided he is "bragging". I don't think it's bragging. We have different interpretations. MY interpretation is that he's trying to keep his family "real" to the public (the Find Madeleine website is hugely popular). I actually found his entries about the running, etc quite poignant.

OMG.....I made it to the top in 19 minutes isn't bragging? What purpose did adding the 19 minutes serve except to brag?

These people stink and I think that as soon as they find the body, they are going to be arrested.

Cal

OMG.....I made it to the top in 19 minutes isn't bragging? What purpose did adding the 19 minutes serve except to brag?

These people stink and I think that as soon as they find the body, they are going to be arrested.

Cal
Not necessarily. Maybe 19 minutes is really slow!

(Sorry, just trying a bit of light relief...)

In a blog, father Gerry McCann said: "We were extremely disappointed in the publication of the anonymous letter in The Telegraaf (Netherlands) claiming to know where Madeleine is buried

I thought Clarence said they wouldn't be commenting:confused:

Yes an odd thing to say, If it is their child surely they'd want to know, no matter how grim the discovery may be:confused: why is that insensitive?[/QUOTE]

I think this is unfair. My interpretation is that Gerry McCann is saying the publication of the letter is what has disappointed them. I can understand that. What parent want people speculating on where their dead childs body may be? If she is there and pictures of video are taken, the whole world will see it. I wouldn't want the whole world watching the remains of my daughter be discovered. If you recall, when Laci and Connor's bodies washed ashore Sharon Rocha also asked for people to remember this wasn't just a news story but her daughter and grandson. I think Gerry McCann is just asking for the same thing.

Not necessarily. Maybe 19 minutes is really slow!

(Sorry, just trying a bit of light relief...)

Now THAT was funny....not only funny, but Cal funny. I did happen to make the assumption that it should have taken 23 or 25 minutes. :D ;)

Not trying to be rude to you but the website that is up to help find their daughter is filled with their leisure itenerary as if they were writing home to family. It just stinks, really.

New

When Natalie Holloway went missing in Aruba didn't they bring in equipment that scanned the surface for a body buried beneath the sand? I wonder why they don't use something like that to see if Madeleine is there.

Now THAT was funny....not only funny, but Cal funny. I did happen to make the assumption that it should have taken 23 or 25 minutes. :D ;)

Not trying to be rude to you but the website that is up to help find their daughter is filled with their leisure itenerary as if they were writing home to family. It just stinks, really.

New
Thanks...I'm here all week!

I think, regarding the parents, we'll have to agree to disagree. I really like this forum, it's good to get other people's opinions on things, and I DO understand where your criticisms come from.

Hi! Thanks for the welcome. I absolutely agree with you, and thank-you for sharing the situation with your son. I really do feel that the emotions the McCanns are going through are as you've described.

I'm a mother too and I just don't know how I'd behave in the McCann's situation. Like everyone on this forum I pray she's found safe and well.

Britgirl, since you are new to websleuths, let me add that as one who has been here way too long (and spent too many hours reading when I should have been doing other things) most seasoned websleuthers have found through the years that whenever a child goes missing and the parents were the last to see them alive and then when the parent's actions and behaviour don't act match those of parents like Kelsey Smith's , then often as not when and if the truth is ever discovered, the parents were the perps, as in the Susan Smith case. Hope that wasn't confusing and since you are in the UK then the Susan Smith case is probably not known to you, possibly not the Kelsey Smith case either. You can search those on here or google them.

However, in this case I do not think Maddie's parents were involved and don't even want to judge them for leaving their kids unattended because as good a man as my DH is, he is so oblivious to the evil's in the world he might would have made the same decision to let the kids sleep while dining with friends. Just so happens I am a super paranoid safety nut and realize just too well how unsafe the world is therefore I counteract my DH's (dear hubby's) ignorant bliss. In fact my DH doesn't even want to know about these cases, he actually says he prefers to believe those things don't happen :waitasec:

I'm sorry some of the posters on here are being rough on you and the McCann's, but I also know that some of them (the posters) have had to deal with their own personal losses (abducted family/friends) and also if I didn't have a DH like mine, I wouldn't understand the McCann's actions either.

This is a classical "Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes" situation--and I'm referring to the McCann's.

Hi again:

I would like to jump in and offer my opinion (if you don't mind).

I tend to agree with s_finch about the McCanns being "in control". I honestly believe that they have not allowed themselves to really see the horror that they are facing. I also agree that the blog seems "clinical" and does not convey the trauma that we expect them to be feeling. As Americans, we tend to respond to drama and the McCanns have not shared their personal drama with us. That is their choice and I respect that. BritGirl, correct me if I am wrong but, don't the British tend to be reserved when it comes to expressing emotion publicly? Unfortunately, we tend to wonder about sincerity if we don't witness great drama. I have seen pictures of Kate where she really seems to be trying to hold it together but the huge fear and grief is right behind her eyes. I think she is trying to ensure a "routine" for her twins which I am sure we all know is vital for a child to feel secure. They probably do not want to scare the twins with lots of emotion. I would bet that things are different when Kate and Gerry are behind closed doors.

I'll try to find the picture of Kate and you will see what I mean.

Thanks...I'm here all week!

I think, regarding the parents, we'll have to agree to disagree. I really like this forum, it's good to get other people's opinions on things, and I DO understand where your criticisms come from.

Marry me? I think we are two cynics made for each other! :D You made me bust out laughing with that slow quote.

I hope I am wrong, but when I originally heard the headline of "daugther goes missing after parents left her and her bothers in hotel room alone to eat dinner" my hinke meter went off. Since then, the parents have done nothing but reinforce that meter.

I just don't see a band of roving child abductors roaming the halls waiting for someone to leave their children alone and go have dinner. It doesn't fit.

Cal

Britgirl, since you are new to websleuths, let me add that as one who has been here way too long (and spent too many hours reading when I should have been doing other things) most seasoned websleuthers have found through the years that whenever a child goes missing and the parents were the last to see them alive and then when the parent's actions and behaviour don't act match those of parents like Kelsey Smith's , then often as not when and if the truth is ever discovered, the parents were the perps, as in the Susan Smith case. Hope that wasn't confusing and since you are in the UK then the Susan Smith case is probably not known to you, possibly not the Kelsey Smith case either. You can search those on here or google them.

However, in this case I do not think Maddie's parents were involved and don't even want to judge them for leaving their kids unattended because as good a man as my DH is, he is so oblivious to the evil's in the world he might would have made the same decision to let the kids sleep while dining with friends. Just so happens I am a super paranoid safety nut and realize just too well how unsafe the world is therefore I counteract my DH's (dear hubby's) ignorant bliss. In fact my DH doesn't even want to know about these cases, he actually says he prefers to believe those things don't happen :waitasec:

I'm sorry some of the posters on here are being rough on you and the McCann's, but I also know that some of them (the posters) have had to deal with their own personal losses (abducted family/friends) and also if I didn't have a DH like mine, I wouldn't understand the McCann's actions either.

This is a classical "Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes" situation--and I'm referring to the McCann's.
Thanks, S Finch. I don't mind fellow posters being "rough" on me- we all feel passionately about this, and with feelings running high things are bound to get a little loud!

Sadly, in Britain we've had our fair share of parents/relatives who have murdered their kids- Heather West (killed by father Fred West), Danielle Jones (killed by uncle Stuart Campbell- body never found) to name but two. I appreciate that abductions by strangers are rare, that the parents or caregivers will always be looked at first. In the McCann's case, however, I see no reason to doubt their innocence. And when I was reading through the entries here criticising, it DID make me really frustrated. It seems they can't breathe without it being misinterpreted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper