Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Update - Gerry's Blog/Diary

Day 66 - 08/07/2007

A small event took place in Porto, in the north of Portugal, today to remember missing children. It was at a large schools end of year musical and the children and staff released balloons. It is good that local communities are staging events like this and we thank them for remembering Madeleine.

We were glad to hear the young British girl kidnapped in Nigeria was returned safely today.

I am very pleased for the Hill family and thankful she was returned unharmed. I just wish we could say the same thing about Madeleine.

Interesting idea that she might still be somewhere on the Portuguese coast. I do believe the P-LE are holding a lot of information close to their vests and not giving the parents any more than necessary. P-LE refuses to classify Madeleine's disappearance as an abduction, so that says something.

The McCanns are obviously not working, but they must be having their expenses met somehow. Is that part of what the fundraising is for? If they have a home in Great Britain and are staying in Portugal--are the lodgings in Portugal donated?

I do wonder why one of them can't return to work and the other take on the fulltime search efforts. That's how most of us would have to handle it.

The McCanns are obviously not working, but they must be having their expenses met somehow. Is that part of what the fundraising is for? If they have a home in Great Britain and are staying in Portugal--are the lodgings in Portugal donated?

I do wonder why one of them can't return to work and the other take on the fulltime search efforts. That's how most of us would have to handle it.
I agree with you Texana, after such a long time and no news, as hard as it is you have to try and get on with your life, but the McCanns think they are above everyone else and should be entitled to a first class lifestyle paid by those who have donated money for the search of Madelaine and other missing persons, they wont find Madelaine in the new villa they have moved into and all the jaunts they had ie: visiting the pope. They are living the life of the rich and famous at others expense, how selfish is that.

Mark Warner Resorts was donating an apartment to them, and someone was giving them free use of a private plane. I don't know if they still do. There have been various rumors around the internet that the McCanns were thinking of paying off the mortgage on their home in Leicester, but it could just be gossip.

Mark Warner Resorts was donating an apartment to them, and someone was giving them free use of a private plane. I don't know if they still do. There have been various rumors around the internet that the McCanns were thinking of paying off the mortgage on their home in Leicester, but it could just be gossip.
That wouldnt surprise me CaliKid, I wonder who the signaturies are for the donated money.

Well, we all know who is calling the shots.
Too right CaliKid, I dont think they should have anything to do with it, it should be listed as a charity and without the McCanns involvement, they would be entitled for money to help with the search for Madelaine but thats it, then other money could help others with missing children.

but the term full time search efforts had me snort with derision.

Searching? The McCanns are searching???

Definition:

searching

adjective
1. diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry"; "a searching investigation of their past dealings" [syn: inquisitory]
2. having keenness and forcefulness and penetration in thought, expression, or intellect; "searching insights"; "trenchant criticism"
3. exploring thoroughly

If exploring other countries and the Vatican are worthy 'search' ventures to help reveal clues as to where Madeleine might be I guess you could call what they are doing 'searching'.

Certainly there hasn't been any trudging amongst the masses, photo of Madeleine in hand, self querying of staff and people in neighboring areas.

If my daughter were missing I would wear my feet to stumps in an effort to find her.

If my daughter were missing and I had the great fortune of generous, concerned strangers donating to a fund to help find her, I would be hiring the most diligent private investigators money could buy. I would be bribing people in the seamy business of exploiting children, scouring the underbelly and the worst of human society in an attempt to find my daughter.

Not meeting with dignitaries and sports heros and politicians and musicians.

That's just me though.

That might be why I am having a difficult time understanding how this fund is aiding in any way, shape or form the search for Madeleine.

Kat

Except for the fact that GM may have Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

(from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder)

To the extent that people are pathologically narcissistic, they can be controlling, blaming, self-absorbed, intolerant of others’ views, unaware of others’ needs and of the effects of their behavior on others, and insistent that others see them as they wish to be seen. They may also demand certain behavior from their children because they see the children as extensions of themselves, and need the children to represent them in the world in ways that meet the parents’ emotional needs.

Which would fit with Shazza's conclusion:

Anyway, I tend to lean toward an angry outburst with dire consequences.

I can totally agree with your armchair diagnosis.

Definition:

searching

adjective
1. diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation; "a probing inquiry"; "a searching investigation of their past dealings" [syn: inquisitory]
2. having keenness and forcefulness and penetration in thought, expression, or intellect; "searching insights"; "trenchant criticism"
3. exploring thoroughly

If exploring other countries and the Vatican are worthy 'search' ventures to help reveal clues as to where Madeleine might be I guess you could call what they are doing 'searching'.

Certainly there hasn't been any trudging amongst the masses, photo of Madeleine in hand, self querying of staff and people in neighboring areas.

If my daughter were missing I would wear my feet to stumps in an effort to find her.

If my daughter were missing and I had the great fortune of generous, concerned strangers donating to a fund to help find her, I would be hiring the most diligent private investigators money could buy. I would be bribing people in the seamy business of exploiting children, scouring the underbelly and the worst of human society in an attempt to find my daughter.

That's just me though.

That might be why I am having a difficult time understanding how this fund is aiding in any way, shape or form the search for Madeleine.

Kat
I think there other posters here as well as me who think the money is not all going towards the search for Madelaine, as we would have heard that they may have hired PI's, and all the other things you said in your post, but obviously that has not happened, they are just feathering their own nest, they are enjoying living the high life and hob nobbing with the rich and famous, its a pathetic joke.

Definition:

searching

adjective
3. exploring thoroughly

That's just me though.

Kat

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think there other posters here as well as me who think the money is not all going towards the search for Madelaine, as we would have heard that they may have hired PI's, and all the other things you said in your post, but obviously that has not happened, they are just feathering their own nest, they are enjoying living the high life and hob nobbing with the rich and famous, its a pathetic joke.

I think many people agree with your assessment. If she were found tomorrow, where would the remaining money go?

Let's home the recent developments are more than a dog and pony show.

Please God this turns out to be a real break in the case.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1274311,00.html

Even though I strongly disagree with the attacks on Madeleine's family I know we all pray that Madeleine is found safe and well soon.

attack

verb
1. to set upon in a forceful, violent, hostile, or aggressive way, with or without a weapon; begin fighting with: He attacked him with his bare hands.
2. to begin hostilities against; start an offensive against: to attack the enemy.
3. to blame or abuse violently or bitterly.
4. to direct unfavorable criticism against; criticize severely; argue with strongly: He attacked his opponent's statement.
5. to try to destroy, esp. with verbal abuse: to attack the mayor's reputation.
6. to set about (a task) or go to work on (a thing) vigorously: to attack housecleaning; to attack the hamburger hungrily.
7. (of disease, destructive agencies, etc.) to begin to affect.
–verb (used without object)
8. to make an attack; begin hostilities.
–noun
9. the act of attacking; onslaught; assault.
10. a military offensive against an enemy or enemy position.
11. Pathology. seizure by disease or illness: an attack of indigestion.
12. the beginning or initiating of any action; onset.
13. an aggressive move in a performance or contest.
14. the approach or manner of approach in beginning a musical phrase

I believe you are thinking, or meant to say......

criticism

noun
1. disapproval expressed by pointing out faults or shortcomings; "the senator received severe criticism from his opponent"
2. a serious examination and judgment of something; "constructive criticism is always appreciated"
3. a written evaluation of a work of literature

I don't mean to get caught up in semantics here, but I haven't seen anyone here 'attack' Madeleine's parents. Questions, critiques, opinions and theories have been presented here. Unfortunately, I have seen verbal, or rather, written 'attacks' made by large numbers of those supporting the McCanns. I will acknowledge that you are one of the more temperate individuals in expressing your disagreement and I appreciate that.

I hope, as much as you do and as much as anyone else out there does, that Madeleine can be safely returned. How this ordeal, if she is found alive, will affect her psychological development over her lifetime is a genuine concern. I would do a happy dance in the middle of my street if she was found. I would do it naked (EW! for my neighbors) if it meant her being returned sooner and alive.

And if or when she is found.... well, I will not stop having issue with the FACT that her parents left her and two younger siblings alone, night after night, to fend for themselves against things which go bump in the night. Children that age cannot speak for themselves. Someone -or many someones - need to speak out for them.

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed, if it will help, and hope that this newest development moves things to a successful and happy conclusion(although Skynews - and I have some issues with Skynews - is the only report of this that I can presently find). I will gladly eat my words with regard to my hypothesis if her parents are not involved in her disappearance. I will not, however, change my tune one whit about their culpability in contributing to her disappearance by leaving her to fend for herself. Nor will I change my thoughts on how passive and odd their personal 'search' has been and how very disturbing that has been to me.

But that is simply one woman's opinion.

Kat

I put in a second "Please God"... Maybe they are getting close to a break.. We can only pray and hope.

I'll add a third. I sincerely hope that the P-LE knows a lot more than we do and they're correct about Madeleine's whereabouts.

On the other hand, the Portuguese authorities are going to end up looking really inept if nothing comes of this, especially if her body shows up one of these days and DNA testing proves she died soon after her disappearance.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....me=yes&more_nodeId1=132393&contentPK=17781869

Funds being used to pay for, among other things, large legal fees.

"Brian Kennedy, Madeleine's great-uncle, told the Mercury: "The fund has gone up quite a bit in recent days.

"We are now beginning to pay out and there are some fairly large bills for expenses, such as legal fees for the lawyers who have been involved since the beginning.""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur