Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Shazza,
This is not meant as a critisism. In fact after our previous exchanges I thought it best to leave well alone.
I just wanted to say though that i'm glad to hear you do have sympathy towards the parents after previously saying you had none.
I knew the mother of those two beautiful and obviously very much loved daughters couldn't be cold hearted.
We do agree the children shouldn't have been left alone.
I pray Madeleine is found soon and we learn the truth.
I know some of my quotes have been very harsh about the parents, but I was putting myself in their place, even though I would never leave my children alone, it would be gut wrenching to have a missing daughter, it would kill me. I do have sympathy towards them, but also frustration, sometimes it is hard for me to separate the two, if they are innocent, I will be the first to write them and apologise.

Why was this done? Where is the little girl and is she alive or not? And how did she disappear? (Note: I will ignore posts that continually say "she disappeared because her parents didn't watch her" as I have heard that over and over and it isnt helping find the little girl.) So I ask if she was taken from her room how was it done? If she was not taken from her room why was she not found there once the alarm was raised? The murat possible russian connection is interesting to me as it suggests a possible russian mob thing going on (I speak of possibilities not accusations of anyone.)

If any of the known players were involved I suspect L.E. is closer to the truth than any of us know.
It is in the hands of the LE, we have to wait, let them do their job, and hope for a happy outcome. God Bless you all.

I don't know what's going on with finding Madeleine. If you read the other forums, it looks as if they're focusing back around to that man who was in the photograph when GM was at a park with the children (I assume Kate was taking the picture). It's the one where you can't tell if he's staring at Madeleine or not. And there's some friend of Sergei Malinka who is being investigated.

For the life of me, if Robert Murat isn't involved, I don't know why he wasn't honest in the first place about where he was on May 3. Saying he was with his girlfriend vs. his mother was stupid.

I don't know what's going on with finding Madeleine. If you read the other forums, it looks as if they're focusing back around to that man who was in the photograph when GM was at a park with the children (I assume Kate was taking the picture). It's the one where you can't tell if he's staring at Madeleine or not. And there's some friend of Sergei Malinka who is being investigated.

For the life of me, if Robert Murat isn't involved, I don't know why he wasn't honest in the first place about where he was on May 3. Saying he was with his girlfriend vs. his mother was stupid.
Maybe the guy in the photo is known to the new investigators.

I know some of my quotes have been very harsh about the parents, but I was putting myself in their place, even though I would never leave my children alone, it would be gut wrenching to have a missing daughter, it would kill me. I do have sympathy towards them, but also frustration, sometimes it is hard for me to separate the two, if they are innocent, I will be the first to write them and apologise.
Thats what I thought Shazza, we are all struggling with our feelings. Makes you want to hug your kids close. :blowkiss:

Hi Calikid, Do you have a link to the photo you mention which includes the man in the background. Thank you.

Thats what I thought Shazza, we are all struggling with our feelings. Makes you want to hug your kids close. :blowkiss:
I always make sure I tell my girls and hubby almost everyday that I love them.

Why was this done? Where is the little girl and is she alive or not? And how did she disappear? (Note: I will ignore posts that continually say "she disappeared because her parents didn't watch her" as I have heard that over and over and it isnt helping find the little girl.) So I ask if she was taken from her room how was it done? If she was not taken from her room why was she not found there once the alarm was raised? The murat possible russian connection is interesting to me as it suggests a possible russian mob thing going on (I speak of possibilities not accusations of anyone.)

If any of the known players were involved I suspect L.E. is closer to the truth than any of us know.

This case is incredibly frustrating because there is no evidence of anything - no evdience of kidnapping, no evidence she left on her own, no evidence of any crime, just a missing kid.

This case is incredibly frustrating because there is no evidence of anything - no evdience of kidnapping, no evidence she left on her own, no evidence of any crime, just a missing kid.

This little girl has been gone for so long and it is really scary. We all know what that usually means. I just hope and pray that LE know more then they are telling and that Maddie is still alive somewhere and that nothing awful is happening to her. She's just a baby.

This little girl has been gone for so long and it is really scary. We all know what that usually means. I just hope and pray that LE know more then they are telling and that Maddie is still alive somewhere and that nothing awful is happening to her. She's just a baby.
I think we are all praying for the safe return of Madelaine, with the new investigation underway maybe will learn more soon.

I agree that it looks gloomy for the little girl but I try to keep in mind that 8 or 9 yrs old girl that was kidnapped and held by some guy in his basement for years and she escaped and the badguy killed himself rather than face justice at the hands of man. And then there was E. Smart who was held a pretty long time and we feared she was dead but she too was alive and was found. It is possible that someday some young woman will come forth with an odd tale and subsequently be proven to be the missing girl from long ago. I know it does not often happen that way . . . . . . but I can hope.

And in the meantime I think about how this was likely done because I obviously do not know enough about the who's involved and I figure if we can decide the "how" maybe that will in turn point towards the "who" behind it all.

You haven't seen any inconsistencies? I

A good example of an inconsistency is that the McCanns stated that the window had been tampered with, but LE says that there is no sign that anyone came in the window.

Another inconsistency is that the tapas dining room staff says they never saw anyone leave the table, and yet the Mccanns insist they checked the children every half hour.

I'm sure others here will be happy to post more inconsistencies. Those are two that come to my not so well researched head at the moment.

And as for "illogical behavior" - again as I stated above, i'm not talking about their grieving process, I'm speaking specifically about how KM's behavior when she found Madeleline missing makes absolutely no sense to me as a mother.

Additionally, in terms of "illogical behavior" it seems logical to me that parents who left their child alone in an unlocked hotel room would accept some responsibility for that part in her disappearance. It seems illogical to me that the dedicated and loving parents you describe would leave a child alone in a hotel room especially a night after their child was crying for Daddy so loudly that the vacationers in a neighboring room had complained to management. If my child is awake and crying for me, I'm generally wanting to stay within earshot. As a PARENT the entire "we go out to dinner and leave three toddlers alone in the hotel room" is ENTIRELY illogical to me. Maybe it isn't to you, but in my world its neglectful to leave toddlers alone in a hotel room while I go out for tapas and cocktails.

I think everyone here thinks that GM has done an excellent job of raising money and raising awareness of Madeleine. They just aren't sure what the motive is.

The statement about tampered windows...If such a statement was made and especially if that came via a blog and so may not be true. Is not particularly inconsistant, as you put it.

I doubt the holiday apartment is new and therefore very unlikely to have perfect window frames. They are not normally the quality of someones own home and suffer from lots of wear and tear.
So to panicking parents it could very well look as though it had been tampered with.

As for your second point...The Tapas bar. Again these staements are suspect...blogs again.
I also think that in a busy restaurant it would be easy for staff to miss one of the party leaving.
Its often difficult to get staff attention when you need it....so no surprise there.

I think a lot of the accusations against the parents ie. crying children etc. have come from blogs and therefore very suspect. When I hear something officially I will believe it.

Everyone has their own ideas on how they would react in a panic..as in Kates situation. Several people here have said they would do as Kate did, while others disagree. Me, I haven't a clue...Probably drop dead!!!

No I don't think its ok to leave children alone, and never did it. I do believe however the McCanns have accepted responsibility for that and said they wish they hadn't.
Continually beating them over the head with it is not going to help find Madeleine.
Its also a hell of a leap to suspecting/accusing them of being involved in their childs disapearance.

As for the fund. I don't believe its being abused and think the critisism is par for the course, sadly just another excuse to condemn them...without cause.

The statement about tampered windows...If such a statement was made and especially if that came via a blog and so may not be true. Is not particularly inconsistant, as you put it.

I doubt the holiday apartment is new and therefore very unlikely to have perfect window frames. They are not normally the quality of someones own home and suffer from lots of wear and tear.
So to panicking parents it could very well look as though it had been tampered with.

As for your second point...The Tapas bar. Again these staements are suspect...blogs again.
I also think that in a busy restaurant it would be easy for staff to miss one of the party leaving.
Its often difficult to get staff attention when you need it....so no surprise there.

I think a lot of the accusations against the parents ie. crying children etc. have come from blogs and therefore very suspect. When I hear something officially I will believe it.

Everyone has their own ideas on how they would react in a panic..as in Kates situation. Several people here have said they would do as Kate did, while others disagree. Me, I haven't a clue...Probably drop dead!!!

No I don't think its ok to leave children alone, and never did it. I do believe however the McCanns have accepted responsibility for that and said they wish they hadn't.
Continually beating them over the head with it is not going to help find Madeleine.
Its also a hell of a leap to suspecting/accusing them of being involved in their childs disapearance.

As for the fund. I don't believe its being abused and think the critisism is par for the course, sadly just another excuse to condemn them...without cause.

It very hard to understand why such highly educated people with obviously little commomsense about parental responsibilities, could leave their children.
I know I keep coming back to this but cultural differences doesnt cut it with me. As parents you try and minimise the dangers that can happen to your children, there will always be accidents that will happen, but to knowingly leave your children alone at such a young age, in a foreign country behind unlocked doors is not acceptable. Yes they are paying for it dearly, and I do sympathise for them for the disappearance of their daughter, I just could not ever have done that to my children and cannot for the life of me understand why the McCanns did.

It very hard to understand why such highly educated people with obviously little commomsense about parental responsibilities, could leave their children.
I know I keep coming back to this but cultural differences doesnt cut it with me. As parents you try and minimise the dangers that can happen to your children, there will always be accidents that will happen, but to knowingly leave your children alone at such a young age, in a foreign country behind unlocked doors is not acceptable. Yes they are paying for it dearly, and I do sympathise for them for the disappearance of their daughter, I just could not ever have done that to my children and cannot for the life of me understand why the McCanns did.

Sadly even highly educated people don't always make the wisest decisions.
I have a member of my own family, by marriage, who is very highly educated....but I swear doesn't have an ounce of common sense.

I honestly don't think the McCanns are the type of people who would normally have left their children alone though. I do think they were lulled into a false sense of security at this family friendly resort.

I think having three young children played a part too. They knew they would have had to carry the three of them asleep to the creche, both there and back. Besides the difficulty of that it could also have upset their normal sleep pattern, so decided against it.

They know their children best as far sleeping soundly after a very active day. I think most children sleep well on holiday with all the excitment of everything new and would be out for the count.

If they only intended to be gone for the meal they may have thought that between them they could safely check on the children and didn't think they would need a sitter.
The real tragedy is it probably never ever occured to them that somebody else might come in and take their child.

I'm not saying I agree with their decision, because I don't. But I do believe this is probably what happened.

Sadly even highly educated people don't always make the wisest decisions.
I have a member of my own family, by marriage, who is very highly educated....but I swear doesn't have an ounce of common sense.

I honestly don't think the McCanns are the type of people who would normally have left their children alone though. I do think they were lulled into a false sense of security at this family friendly resort.

I think having three young children played a part too. They knew they would have had to carry the three of them asleep to the creche, both there and back. Besides the difficulty of that it could also have upset their normal sleep pattern, so decided against it.

They know their children best as far sleeping soundly after a very active day. I think most children sleep well on holiday with all the excitment of everything new and would be out for the count.

If they only intended to be gone for the meal they may have thought that between them they could safely check on the children and didn't think they would need a sitter.
The real tragedy is it probably never ever occured to them that somebody else might come in and take their child.

I'm not saying I agree with their decision, because I don't. But I do believe this is probably what happened.
I just wish we knew the truth April4sky, this case really does your head in, well mine anyway. I am sick of trying to justify why I feel the way I do, when I really dont understand it myself, it is just a gut feeling, intuition, until we find out something concrete I am just going to pray for Madelaine and hope this isnt going to be one of those cases that goes on forever.

I just wish we knew the truth April4sky, this case really does your head in, well mine anyway. I am sick of trying to justify why I feel the way I do, when I really dont understand it myself, it is just a gut feeling, intuition, until we find out something concrete I am just going to pray for Madelaine and hope this isnt going to be one of those cases that goes on forever.
Hi Shazza,
I do know how you feel, it gets to me too. I think its a combination of the anger and frustration at not knowing where, or how she is, as well as the fear we all feel for Madeleine's safety. It is very worrying especially as its been so long now.
All we can do is hold on to the hope and pray for this precious little girl.

This post is just my personal opinion. There is not one ounce of a excuse for leaving those precious children alone. I would give my right hand to of been able to experience being a expecting mom and having the beautiful memories to cherish of carrying one of the most precious gifts from God, a precious baby. But due to medical problems I was never able to experience one of the most precious gifts to life most woman experience. I don't care about one's intelligence because one can be very book smart but when it comes to common sense they couldn't even fight their way out of a paper bag.PARENTS KNOW you do NOT leave a young child/children alone. In this case with precious Maddie her parents committed a crime and because of their action lord only knows what this child is going through or what she went through and it's time these selfish acts have to make the parents accountable. Ohh..isnt' it just so horrible the parents might of had to of eaten a cheaper dinner or had one less drink to pay for the sitting services to see that their children were well cared for while they were out having a grand time with their friends. Or isn't it sad that they would of been unconvinced in taking their children along with them. My heavens we are talking about 3 little children being left ALONE. I don't give a dang if it was right across the street with a window ANYTHING could happen. We get our niece and nephew every summer since the age of 3 and I've NEVER left them alone or forgot a child.

I have just recalled a story told me by an elderly English lady. She and her husband used to go to a family cottage resort on the Isle of Wight (guess it wasn't "too dear"). The practice was for the children to be sleeping in the cottages, and for the parents to be socializing in the dining hall. Baby listeners walked among the cottages, listening, and if a baby was crying, it was put on the public address system: Mrs. Brown, your lovely daughter is crying in her crib, etc....

Night after night, Mrs. Brown had to attend to her crying baby. Finally, Mrs. Brown decided to just take her sleeping infant to the dining hall and socialize with the baby in her arms.

The resort staff, knowing that Mrs. Brown had the baby, nonetheless announced, '' Mrs. Brown, your baby is crying."

Mrs. Brown, baby in arms, jumped up and rushed out of the dining hall as all the other guests burst into laughter.

(Looking back, I'm wondering if "Mrs. Brown" was a little on the tipsy side that evening.)

Hi Calikid, Do you have a link to the photo you mention which includes the man in the background. Thank you.

Go about half way down the page to see the picture in question. I brought this up weeks ago and it was blown off as just a guy that happened to be in the background..

http://.com/dd/5441page3.htm

Go about half way down the page to see the picture in question. I brought this up weeks ago and it was blown off as just a guy that happened to be in the background..

http://.com/dd/5441page3.htm

Hi Jdee,
Thank you for the link. Its very interesting, I hadn't seen it before and hope its being checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState