Madeleine McCann found?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

What amazes me is how this charade has continued for over 5 years and a lot of the UK public still believe she was abducted.

I really have to ask after so much time why they still need a phalanx of lawyers and a spokesperson?

What really happened in Portugal all those years ago that it still involves the government/police/press so much?

Ironically this issue is about to be blown open for good, with Rupert Murdoch choosing to comment on the lack of free speech in the UK via Twitter.

As he has so rightly pointed out, the internet makes a joke of the UK press and libel laws.

We have proof that the UK media is routinely silenced.

I don't understand how anyone can think this is a good thing, in a free country.

If the tide of change is coming, which it inevitably must, the McCanns may well be the first affected. People may finally speak who have previously had no forum.

Here's hoping, anyway. This blatant miscarriage of justice cannot be allowed to continue.

:please:

Ironically this issue is about to be blown open for good, with Rupert Murdoch choosing to comment on the lack of free speech in the UK via Twitter.

As he has so rightly pointed out, the internet makes a joke of the UK press and libel laws.

We have proof that the UK media is routinely silenced.

I don't understand how anyone can think this is a good thing, in a free country.

If the tide of change is coming, which it inevitably must, the McCanns may well be the first affected. People may finally speak who have previously had no forum.

Here's hoping, anyway. This blatant miscarriage of justice cannot be allowed to continue.

:please:

I hope you're right. Madeleine is from my city and I want justice and the truth (whatever that is)

I agree.

What amazes me is how this charade has continued for over 5 years and a lot of the UK public still believe she was abducted.

I really have to ask after so much time why they still need a phalanx of lawyers and a spokesperson?

What really happened in Portugal all those years ago that it still involves the government/police/press so much?

I'm new to Websleuths so hope it's OK to jump right in? :)

Yes, here in the UK most folk do believe Madeleine was abducted, myself included.

I do agree that this particular case receives disproportionate media attention compared with other missing children.

I seem to recall there was a 'sighting' a few months back of a young blonde girl with a German family, I think it was at a camping site in Portugal....will try to find a link.

Here from the Daily Mirror:

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are following up on a potential sighting just days after the youngster went missing.

A holidaymaker has told how she saw a girl, fitting Maddy's description, at a campsite on the Costa del Sol, just three days after she vanished in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Karen Sisson told The Sun that the blonde girl, wearing a pink T-shirt, shorts and a beige hat, appeared "out of it" and out of place with the German couple she was staying with.

The following day the little girl was still wearing the same clothes as the day before.

British police have been told that the German couple even paid extra for bringing one more child more than expected when they arrived at the Cabopino campsite, near Fuengirola, on May 6.

Perhaps interesting that in this 'sighting' it was a German couple, given that in the most recent one the father and other children were apparently German also...? Not sure about the mother on the plane as apparently she didn't speak?

***Apologies, just realised this earlier sighting was mentioned earlier in this thread.

I find it interesting and dare I say suspicious that these sighting have so much in common latterly?

Multiple sightings in Spain.
By non-Spanish residents (Usually British or German)
Usually families
Usually a girl that doesn't belong/speaks English etc
Never actually inform authorities at the time.
The Olive press always seem to get the scoop for it to then appear in the UK tabloids the next day.
Tomorrow they'll track this innocent family down who will have to "explain" themselves.

Rinse/repeat

Am I being too cynical?

Edit:

An important point that I've just thought of. Why do these stories get printed in great detail before they have been checked by police?

Shouldn't it be a simple one line story to begin with ie: "Possible sighting of Maddie in Spain, police investigate"?

It's just strange imo that this German family that has Madeleine does so many Spanish holidays, they always get spotted at some holiday setting or another, never at their local grocery store or at the kids' school. Maybe they should go to Thailand the next time?

I think some of it is probably just because people who go to Spain and Portugal to spend some quality holiday time near to where she disappeared from are more likely to be reminded of Madeleine because of the similarity in the circumstances than people who go to shopping in Berlin, so they're more likely to think they saw her.

I find it interesting and dare I say suspicious that these sighting have so much in common latterly?

Multiple sightings in Spain.
By non-Spanish residents (Usually British or German)
Usually families
Usually a girl that doesn't belong/speaks English etc
Never actually inform authorities at the time.
The Olive press always seem to get the scoop for it to then appear in the UK tabloids the next day.
Tomorrow they'll track this innocent family down who will have to "explain" themselves.

Rinse/repeat

Am I being too cynical?

Edit:

An important point that I've just thought of. Why do these stories get printed in great detail before they have been checked by police?

Shouldn't it be a simple one line story to begin with ie: "Possible sighting of Maddie in Spain, police investigate"?

PR by CM.

:maddening:

We have no way of knowing when these photos were even taken. The No Stone Unturned Team could well have received this photo back when the aged photo of Madeleine was originally publicised, but held on to it (and a bunch of others sent in by well meaning sleuthers) to release when the funds need a top up.

They have sucked people out there, innocent uninvolved people, into producing their spin for them.

:banghead:

Tab,
I think the sighting at the campsite turned out to be a swiss family who have spoken out in the press.
But in missing people cases it is common to have sightings like this. Suzy lamplugh was sighted all over (including beache sin europe) after she disappeared, amy bradley has been sighted in the caribbean and in san fransisco, claudia lawrence has been sighted in holland etc i think the reason why madeleine got so much attention was because she is one of the only still missing british children not belived to be a parental abduction during a custody battle, and she disappeared in the age of the internet and 24 hour news and she disappeare don holiday abroad. The only other similar disappearence is ben needham, and he still gets a lot of attention twenty years later, but he did not live in this 24 hour/ internet age.

And as the police have said they belive madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger why are people wrong for believing the police over random people on the internet. And the UK does have free speech, but obviously free speech does not mean you can write lies about people or mess up court cases. That is the same in nearly all countries, the media cannot just make up stories and claim them to be true. The media got into trouble in the mccann case because they admitted they wrote lies, but they have got into bigger trouble in other cases and acctually been found guilty of contempt of court for writing lies about people (Christopher jefferies for instance), but this does not seem to have got so much international attention as the mccann case.

Tab,
I think the sighting at the campsite turned out to be a swiss family who have spoken out in the press.
But in missing people cases it is common to have sightings like this. Suzy lamplugh was sighted all over (including beache sin europe) after she disappeared, amy bradley has been sighted in the caribbean and in san fransisco, claudia lawrence has been sighted in holland etc i think the reason why madeleine got so much attention was because she is one of the only still missing british children not belived to be a parental abduction during a custody battle, and she disappeared in the age of the internet and 24 hour news and she disappeare don holiday abroad. The only other similar disappearence is ben needham, and he still gets a lot of attention twenty years later, but he did not live in this 24 hour/ internet age.

And as the police have said they belive madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger why are people wrong for believing the police over random people on the internet. And the UK does have free speech, but obviously free speech does not mean you can write lies about people or mess up court cases. That is the same in nearly all countries, the media cannot just make up stories and claim them to be true. The media got into trouble in the mccann case because they admitted they wrote lies, but they have got into bigger trouble in other cases and acctually been found guilty of contempt of court for writing lies about people (Christopher jefferies for instance), but this does not seem to have got so much international attention as the mccann case.

I must have missed this admission...can you post a link?

weird article, not sure what it's message is, but never mind, it's the mail, safely ignored, MOST of the British media are colluding in showing off Portugal as a third world country and blaming their police for mad dies disappearance when all the blame lies on the parents and their questionable actions and deeds before during and after

do have a read of the latest and befores
http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/

I think the blame is all on the person who took a three year old from her bed.

I do think Portugal shoudl have handled the case better, putting an aguido in charge of the case for the first few months was a very bad idea. He was awiting a criminal trial relating to the torture of the mother of a misisng child. It meant the case of madeleine wa sloaded from the start, if he told people it was a stranger abduction then it strengthed the criminal case against him. As it was he received a criminal conviction anyway and was removd form the case.

I think the blame is all on the person who took a three year old from her bed.

I do think Portugal shoudl have handled the case better, putting an aguido in charge of the case for the first few months was a very bad idea. He was awiting a criminal trial relating to the torture of the mother of a misisng child. It meant the case of madeleine wa sloaded from the start, if he told people it was a stranger abduction then it strengthed the criminal case against him. As it was he received a criminal conviction anyway and was removd form the case.

You keep stating Amaral has a criminal conviction but I have yet to see a link to support this assertion.

It's the torture paragraph.

Gonçalo de Sousa Amaral and António Fernandes Nuno Cardoso, senior officials in the judicial police, had been sentenced to 18 months’ and 27 months’ imprisonment respectively, for falsely claiming Leonor Cipriano had fallen down the stairs. However, both sentences were suspended on the grounds that the officers had no previous criminal convictions.

It doesn't look good for him for sure but I don't see how Madeleine being abducted by a stranger or not has anything to do with strengthening the criminal case against him about lying about a woman falling down the stairs.

Either there is evidence that he lied or not. Why they would even mention Madeleine in that court case is beyond me.

Amnesty International is an interest site not msm.

The "criminal conviction" that he has not been punished for relates to a case which he also solved, parents who murdered their own child intentionally and lied.

He did not push the mother down the stairs, nor is he accused of doing so. He was alleged to have SEEN her shoved, and refused to testify against his colleague. This is all he said/she said, literally, and the case is also under appeal. It is interesting to note that a guilty verdict with no actual punishment attached is the judiciary's way of handing out a compromised justice in an unclear situation.

He also has an otherwise pristine record in a 30 year investigative career, that I for one choose not to ignore.

To summarily dismiss the first hand views formed by the lead investigator who has years of successful investigations beneath his belt, and all the instinct and knowledge that he has accrued, seems blinkered in the extreme.

Further, it is not only Amaral who suspected the McCanns. The British Police are known to have lent assistance both financial and practical, in developing the evidence to implicate the parents.

Political pressures stopped this in its tracks.

Amnesty International is an interest site not msm.

The "criminal conviction" that he has not been punished for relates to a case which he also solved, parents who murdered their own child intentionally and lied.

He did not push the mother down the stairs, nor is he accused of doing so. He was alleged to have SEEN her shoved, and refused to testify against his colleague. This is all he said/she said, literally, and the case is also under appeal. It is interesting to note that a guilty verdict with no actual punishment attached is the judiciary's way of handing out a compromised justice in an unclear situation.

He also has an otherwise pristine record in a 30 year investigative career, that I for one choose not to ignore.

To summarily dismiss the first hand views formed by the lead investigator who has years of successful investigations beneath his belt, and all the instinct and knowledge that he has accrued, seems blinkered in the extreme.

Further, it is not only Amaral who suspected the McCanns. The British Police are known to have lent assistance both financial and practical, in developing the evidence to implicate the parents.

Political pressures stopped this in its tracks.

Goncalo Amaral's sentence for Perjury in the Torture of Leonor Cipriano was confirmed on Appeal. He is now awaiting trial for personally beating Leandro Silva, Leonor Cipriano's Husband, who was not implicated in any way.

Amaral was convicted of Fraud against his Brother. Threatened to kill his Wife and his Girlfriend, both proven. And he has debts of half a million Euros in Mortgages and unpaid Taxes which were accrued before The McCanns ever went to Portugal. These debts are still largely unpaid despite having a large amount of money in the bank for nearly a year from the sale of his book. According to his Wife, Sofia Leal, he drove around drunk with his young daughter in the car.
He doesn't sound like a very trustworthy man to me.

It's the torture paragraph.

It doesn't look good for him for sure but I don't see how Madeleine being abducted by a stranger or not has anything to do with strengthening the criminal case against him about lying about a woman falling down the stairs.

Either there is evidence that he lied or not. Why they would even mention Madeleine in that court case is beyond me.

because the torture case involved was one in which a mother was tortured into confessing that she had killed her own child. The child disappeared three years before Madeleine disappeared and only a few miles away, she has never been found and the only evidence against the mother was her confession. Now if Madeleine was found to have been abducted by a stranger it strengthens the idea that Joanna was also taken by an abductor, which in turn strengthens the idea that she was tortured into confessing, which woudl have strengthened the case against Amaral. In effect by looking at evidence of an abductor Amaral was looking for evidence against himself which could have resulted in a criminal conviction and the ruin of his career. As it was Amaral was convicted and received a suspended prison sentance which is quiet a severe penalty.

How many of us here if our child disappeared would want the investigator in charge to be an aguido who if he found the abductor was more likely to get a criminal conviction and a ruined career and reputation?

Goncalo Amaral's sentence for Perjury in the Torture of Leonor Cipriano was confirmed on Appeal. He is now awaiting trial for personally beating Leandro Silva, Leonor Cipriano's Husband, who was not implicated in any way.

Amaral was convicted of Fraud against his Brother. Threatened to kill his Wife and his Girlfriend, both proven. And he has debts of half a million Euros in Mortgages and unpaid Taxes which were accrued before The McCanns ever went to Portugal. These debts are still largely unpaid despite having a large amount of money in the bank for nearly a year from the sale of his book. According to his Wife, Sofia Leal, he drove around drunk with his young daughter in the car.
He doesn't sound like a very trustworthy man to me.

MSM link please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members