Madeleine McCann found?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...d-of-arguido-status-by-Portuguese-police.html

They may have been let off but the fact is they were still suspects.

Let off? I don't know what that means.

The article seems to contradict itself.

AT the top.

"The parents of Madeleine McCann have been cleared of involvement in their daughter's disappearance, ten months after they were made 'arguidos' - formal suspects - in the case."

"Fourteen months after she disappeared, Portugal's attorney-general, Fernando Jose Pinto Monteiro, said the police had found no evidence linking the McCanns, or fellow suspect Robert Murat, to Madeleine's suspected abduction."

It sounds to me there is no connection whatsoever to the Mccanns having any involvement in the case As per the Portuguese gov't.

Yeah, what were they thinking is right. But. But. What were April Jones' parents thinking when they allowed their five year old to be playing out after dark by a derelict warehouse about 500 yards and well out of sight from their house? What were Tia Sharpe's parents thinking when they allowed that deviant into their lives and two of them had sexual relations with him? More controversially, what was James Bulger's mother thinking when she left her two year old standing unattended at the entrance of the butcher's shop in a crowded shopping mall?

None of the above parent/grandparents are to blame for the deaths of the children IMO. The blame belongs to the murderer. And I see no exception for the McCanns. What were they thinking should not equal they must be guilty.

You cannot compare ANY of them..... to the mccanns leaving three toddlers with a cimbined age of 7 alone out of sight and earshot, to go out and leave them alone, and in an UNLOCKED aoartment on the corner of a busy street where any tom dick and harry could have entered, there is no comparison whatsoever...and no SANE mother would do that...stop apologising for them...if there was no danger of a stranger ere was a million dangers two and three yr olds could befall when left alone!!!! And the parents would have no clue whatsoever

Most parents, who kill their children, do not keep their faces in the news everyday. Take a look at most child-murder cases, you can't get those parents to get on TV or to be continually interviewed. They usually run and hide. This is one thing that has always been odd to me about the McCann's.

I hope and pray the police were wrong from the beginning and Madeleine is still alive.

I believe they collected quite a lot of money being in the news every day.

I believe they collected quite a lot of money being in the news every day.

media storm they unleashed was the tiger they could never get off

They hired dodgy PIs, at least two lots are now known to havebeen criminals, two of one firm in jail, the other one kevin halligen hunted by the fbi and eztradited to the usa for fraud, they spent most of the donated money on the best lawyers and PR merchants and suing people rather than actually looking for their kid...at the moment they are about to take the ex policeman to court for 2 million dollars for writing a book on the investigation

They receieved at least 5 million dollars just from donations and then another 2 million from newspapers, and the rest

and then Kate Mccann wrote a book two years ago, serialised it in a tabloid newspaper for a million and no idea how much she made from sales..probably as much..quote a horrible book pointing fingers at innocents and complaining that they fot no help, what a joke, and pouring hate onto anyone or any organisation that even peeped at the possibility there was no abduction

They sit on chat show couches all the time, presumablyget paid too....doesnt seem to me thrywant to be out of the media.....

What did the ramseys do?

"policeman has said detectives were "hasty" in making Madeleine McCann's parents suspects in her disappearance."

"Mr Ribeiro said there was a "certain hastiness" in making the McCanns suspects."

All this points to the Mccanns not being suspects to me, No matter what they are called.

All that you asked was too provide a link that said they were suspects that's what I did. Let off as in not considered suspects anymore.

All that you asked was too provide a link that said they were suspects that's what I did. Let off as in not considered suspects anymore.

There is no question whatsoever that they were suspects. For anyone to say the police were hasty in making them so is ridiculous. The Portugues police followed the abduction theory for three months, spent uncounted man hours, millions of euros and the biggest manhunt ever.....It was only when the British police suggested they should be looked at as their stories were inconsistent and also they suggested to the Portuguese they should bring in a cadaver dog to search their apartment things changed....indeed....the dogs were brought in and even so after they alerted another month or so later they were made suspects ...hardly RUSHED! What piffle

media storm they unleashed was the tiger they could never get off

They hired dodgy PIs, at least two lots are now known to havebeen criminals, two of one firm in jail, the other one kevin halligen hunted by the fbi and eztradited to the usa for fraud, they spent most of the donated money on the best lawyers and PR merchants and suing people rather than actually looking for their kid...at the moment they are about to take the ex policeman to court for 2 million dollars for writing a book on the investigation

They receieved at least 5 million dollars just from donations and then another 2 million from newspapers, and the rest

and then Kate Mccann wrote a book two years ago, serialised it in a tabloid newspaper for a million and no idea how much she made from sales..probably as much..quote a horrible book pointing fingers at innocents and complaining that they fot no help, what a joke, and pouring hate onto anyone or any organisation that even peeped at the possibility there was no abduction

They sit on chat show couches all the time, presumablyget paid too....doesnt seem to me thrywant to be out of the media.....

What did the ramseys do?

Ramsey's did the same thing.

Thanks. Sorry. I just did not know what you meant. I thought there was a step I missed.. I did not mean to sound snarky! Sorry!

You cannot compare ANY of them..... to the mccanns leaving three toddlers with a cimbined age of 7 alone out of sight and earshot, to go out and leave them alone, and in an UNLOCKED aoartment on the corner of a busy street where any tom dick and harry could have entered, there is no comparison whatsoever...and no SANE mother would do that...stop apologising for them...if there was no danger of a stranger ere was a million dangers two and three yr olds could befall when left alone!!!! And the parents would have no clue whatsoever

Yes. Many mothers that are sane would do that. We have a helicopter society here. In europe they park the babies outside alone in their prams to sleep in the cold. It is a very common practice.

I could leave my oldest to sleep anywhere and she would not move. She never got up once she was down. The other ones.. Not so much..

BUT STILL, This parenting decision does not make them evil rotten parents who stole Maddy away. It just makes them people whose parenting decision people don't like.

What about the woman who lets her son ride the subway alone?? If something happens to him, Will it be her fault? Will it be her that actually hurt him??

The two are not linkable. In fact I think that by their parenting style it is much less likely that they did anything to her. I don't see any of it.

Yes. Many mothers that are sane would do that. We have a helicopter society here. In europe they park the babies outside alone in their prams to sleep in the cold. It is a very common practice. .
You keep claiming this as a fact but I personally have never heard this. Can you please link to something which supports this allegation?

I could leave my oldest to sleep anywhere and she would not move. She never got up once she was down. The other ones.. Not so much.. .

We know Madeleine moved. We know that her and her baby brother cried unattended for at least 90 minutes the night before. We know this because Madeleine told her parents, "why didn't you come when we cried?". Not only didn't they come that night, they also skipped off again the next, once again leaving their babies to wake alone and frightened in the dark.

BUT STILL, This parenting decision does not make them evil rotten parents who stole Maddy away. It just makes them people whose parenting decision people don't like.

What about the woman who lets her son ride the subway alone?? If something happens to him, Will it be her fault? Will it be her that actually hurt him??

The two are not linkable. In fact I think that by their parenting style it is much less likely that they did anything to her. I don't see any of it.

Leaving 3 BABIES alone in an unfamiliar, un-childproofed, unlocked room, with a swimming pool between you and them...and landscaping, and a tennis court...is not the same as allowing a child to ride the subway in broad daylight.

One is NEGLECT, one is parenting. They are not comparable, the subway child would have to have been still in nappies himself and carrying 2 even younger siblings with him alone at midnight for the 5th time in a week before you could even begin to compare the two.

:moo: :cow:

:banghead:

You keep claiming this as a fact but I personally have never heard this. Can you please link to something which supports this allegation?

We know Madeleine moved. We know that her and her baby brother cried unattended for at least 90 minutes the night before. We know this because Madeleine told her parents, "why didn't you come when we cried?". Not only didn't they come that night, they also skipped off again the next, once again leaving their babies to wake alone and frightened in the dark.

Leaving 3 BABIES alone in an unfamiliar, un-childproofed, unlocked room, with a swimming pool between you and them...and landscaping, and a tennis court...is not the same as allowing a child to ride the subway in broad daylight.

One is NEGLECT, one is parenting. They are not comparable, the subway child would have to have been still in nappies himself and carrying 2 even younger siblings with him alone at midnight for the 5th time in a week before you could even begin to compare the two.

:moo: :cow:

:banghead:

This is a blog but I know there was a news event about it and I will try to find it .

http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2011/09/motherhood-mondays-prams-in-denmark.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2292993/How-hot-baby-sleep-quickly-Leave-cold.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21537988

It is a common occurrence to see these prams parked outside while their parents are inside.

It is not neglect to choose a different way to parent. These were not locked in a room with no food and no one checking on them. They were being checked on. They were fed, tucked into bed, Not left in a nasty house among garbage.
They were being cared for in the way that the parents in the group were okay with.

Not something I would choose but it is not neglect. I think there is so much anger about the parenting choice that people take the leap to murder and it just is not there.

This is a blog but I know there was a news event about it and I will try to find it .

http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2011/09/motherhood-mondays-prams-in-denmark.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2292993/How-hot-baby-sleep-quickly-Leave-cold.html

It is a common occurrence to see these prams parked outside while their parents are inside.

It is not neglect to choose a different way to parent. These were not locked in a room with no food and no one checking on them. They were being checked on. They were fed, tucked into bed, Not left in a nasty house among garbage.
They were being cared for in the way that the parents in the group were okay with.

Not something I would choose but it is not neglect. I think there is so much anger about the parenting choice that people take the leap to murder and it just is not there.

BBM: Too bad they were not locked in a room. It would have better commom sense to me that whoever was checking on them would have had the room key to unlock the dang door. I do think that it was neglect in that the children were left unprotected from anyone who wanted to just walk right in and take one of them. This equates to worse than leaving a child sitting in an unlocked car in a convenience store parking lot. :moo:

BBM: Too bad they were not locked in a room. It would have better commom sense to me that whoever was checking on them would have had the room key to unlock the dang door. I do think that it was neglect in that the children were left unprotected from anyone who wanted to just walk right in and take one of them. This equates to worse than leaving a child sitting in an unlocked car in a convenience store parking lot. :moo:

I don't think it is worse than leaving a child in a car alone. Where they could run someone over, die from conditions wander through the cars and get hit..

But I know what you mean. People make parenting decisions all the time and sometimes they have to live with horrible things happening and it is as easy as, "Sure you can ride your bike alone for the first time" and then they are gone.

I would not have done this. When we go away it is usually with other family and we all get rooms together so that if someone goes out someone is right there with all the kids.

I just can not come close to equating letting the kids sleep in the room with murdering their child and hiding her body.

JMO, even if you're friends with other parents who don't give a **** and are okay with leaving babies alone while you're out having a good time drinking wine with your pals does not mean that it's actually okay.

Not all parenting decisions are equal.

In my experience, even most of the people who put their babies outside for a nap in a pram think that it's a good idea to stay somewhere close that they can see and hear and would consider it neglectful to leave babies sleeping unattended to go out for some fine wining and dining.

Who said anything about murder?

:dunno:

Those parents who leave their babies outside are Nordic parents.

Swedes, Danes, Fins - the same folk who also believe in hot saunas followed by rolling naked in the snow.

It is a cultural belief.

They never ever leave their babies outside AT NIGHT.

They never leave their babies out of their sight, either.

The McCanns didn't leave their babies outside, they left them in an unlocked foreign hotel room completely alone and unobserved.

This is not acceptable anywhere save a war zone, in my country or in the UK or even Portugal or any of the Nordic countries.

The babies in the cold are with their mothers or carers. Madeleine and her siblings were entirely alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne