Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's the same, 15 years limit. Which would be up in 2022. Don't think it applies if they wanted to try CB for the crime in Germany though. Or the UK for that matter, neither has a time limit for murder cases to be brought to trial. It would just prevent Portuguese LE being able to try for a prosecution. That's my reading of it anyway.
my understanding is that whilst there is a statute of limitations, it can be appealed when evidence proves guilt. they can also be re-visited decades later through DNA etc using the same appeals process.

I think he would take a largish bag with him to these burglaries. ProLCLbably a rucksack so it doesn't impede him climbing? Then if the stolen items include anything large like the plasma screen from 5L he can just carry away in the bag. Even if he has a vehicle a few hundred metres away carrying it in a bag is much less conspicuous than carrying a plasma screen or other large stolen item to the vehicle without a bag. How big were plasma screens in 2007?

i bought a 55" LCD in 2007. Plasmas of that time were up to 80"+ and HEAVY..

I somehow didn't know GM has a blog! I might have to go take a look! Thanks. Hoping its easy to find!
It isn’t actually GeM blogs though, he deleted his from the official website. This site archives info & records of his blogs at the time, I never read his original blogs so can’t confirm how accurate all the info is.

It isn’t actually GeM blogs though, he deleted his from the official website. This site archives info & records of his blogs at the time, I never read his original blogs so can’t confirm how accurate all the info is.

THANK YOU so much for using the GeM initials so that I could follow along more easily!! Thanks as well for the info on the maintenance of his blog by someone else (I just found it earlier this evening and am scanning now!).

ah so i see why you disagree with my posts about sheer numbers of paedos.

Because your theory is that its simple and CB just killed MM. So info on numbers is irrelevant to your position. It erodes its likelihood.

i think the problem with that theory is there are so many links to others. CB may have been the sole killer, but it seems he wasnt alone in terms of hiding secrets.

it could all be coincidental and CB just worked alone, sure.
Not really - both factors are relevant.

CB has form for filming his crimes by the sound of it. He filmed the rape of the 72 year old women for example, videos were supposedly destroyed by his friends, videos were found in the factory. If you assume they implicate him in more than just watching they are relevant

He likes to make money. Where there are pedophiles there is a market for such vile videos. We read all the time of people being arrested for watching such stuff.

His 2013 Skype chat mentions something about documenting things. Things being safe as long as you destroy evidence. Deepthroat took too long. Lots have assumed destroying evidence referred to a body but maybe not? Maybe it refers to filmed evidence

I can't remember how wide internet usage would have been in 2007. But a ready market for vile videos might have operated.

Well I don’t think CB has anything to do with it,to be honest.Stated it before, that, there were eye witnesses who saw an older men with a young boy who fitted the distribution of Jair Soares.I re post that link again
Jair Soares (7), verdwenen en vergeten - Reporters Online
The beach in Monster is not well known,I have family from my mothers side in The Hague and during a family visit they took us there,because it was quiet and mostly used by locals.

But you never know unless you try it right?
Thanks for posting this link.
I have read it entirely and I wonder why Dutch police didn't question the old man back then. Did they have a valid reason for not pursuing that lead?
Do they have a valid reason to link Jair's disappearance to CB instead? In what way does MM's disappearance resemble that of Jair?
Do they know -for instance- that CB had been to NL in August 1995?

De politie houdt er in het onderzoek naar de verdwijning van Soares rekening mee dat hij is meegenomen door iemand, na een dagje strand met zijn familie op 4 augustus 1995. Vorig jaar werd het onderzoek naar de verdwijning van de jongen uit Rotterdam heropend.
Why didn't they question the old man in 1995? Or someone else for that matter?
Politie presenteert vermissingszaak Jaïr Soares bij Duitse politie

Also, Madeleine didn’t like being called “Maddy” (she preferred “Madeleine”) so she wouldn’t have referred to herself as “Maddy.”

*Edit - whoops, I posted this reply before reading further. Some of you already noted this.

Hi, I’m new! From the U.S. and have been following this case off and on since it was first reported here. I missed all of the drama about the parents becoming suspects until I read KM’s (KH?) book about 2 years ago. But I’ve thought about this case a lot over the years. I tried joining in discussions on another discussion forum, to remain unnamed, but too many people there were either clueless or focused on theories that the parents were responsible for MM’s death.

Last edited:
Also, Madeleine didn’t like being called “Maddy” (she preferred “Madeleine”) so she wouldn’t have referred to herself as “Maddy.”

*Edit - whoops, I posted this reply before reading further. Some of you already noted this.

Hi, I’m new! From the U.S. and have been following this case off and on since it was first reported here. I missed all of the drama about the parents becoming suspects until I read KM’s (KH?) book about 2 years ago. But I’ve thought about this case a lot over the years. I tried joining in discussions on another discussion forum, to remain unnamed, but too many people there were either clueless or focused on theories that the parents were responsible for MM’s death.

Welcome!

I’m not so sure about this. It’s often parents who insist on using a child’s full name, but most people around them use a shortened version, including the child. Many of the witness statements taken at the time of her disappearance call her Maddie, taken too early to be influenced by media reporting, which makes me think that although KM preferred her full name it wasn’t always used. It’s therefore possible she did refer to herself as Maddie rather than Madeline IMO

I’m not so sure about this. It’s often parents who insist on using a child’s full name, but most people around them use a shortened version, including the child. Many of the witness statements taken at the time of her disappearance call her Maddie, taken too early to be influenced by media reporting, which makes me think that although KM preferred her full name it wasn’t always used. It’s therefore possible she did refer to herself as Maddie rather than Madeline IMO

I never liked shortened names as a child. I would actually get angry! :p
I think all this "Maddy" business has come from the tabloids. They like their titles to sound personal...

KY jelly i think hes referring to.

he's trying to be funny..and was totally funny re the trailer comment, but this humour is a bit dry and subtle.

I was referring to an ex girlfriend interviewed by the daily mail. I did make a mistake. I have searched and searched previous threads looking.
I can say tho KY had no reference to anything related to jelly on my behalf.

i bought a 55" LCD in 2007. Plasmas of that time were up to 80"+ and HEAVY..

You have to carry a plasma upright, and store upright. Screens damaged too easy. Sounds like an accident to happy carrying it out a window during burglary

Yes I saw that too. But then he couldn’t publicly state his sexual preferences on FB. Exposing himself and getting caught pleasuring himself in a play park were I assume for personal pleasure not making money.

Surely the sighting now north portugal has some weight.

Perhaps by dressing as a staff member (purple uniform) & simply walking out with it? I'm guessing it would be part of the fixtures & fittings, not the personal possession of a visitor, so if anyone did ask what they were doing, they could just say it was being taken for repair.

This was my first thought, and then my thoughts turned to the guys fixing the blinds a couple of days prior in the MM apartment...

Picking this post to reply to as the original is in the previous thread...

Just to say that there was quite extensive discussion of 'Holger Wahnsinn' back in thread #8, as it was revealed that CB's nickname in the Skype chat was 'Wahnsinn der Holger'.

This link goes to page 2 of search results for Holger, which points to the relevant posts:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/83459741/?page=2&q=Holger&o=date&c[node]=129

I am reluctant to click on any of the FB Like web links. His history is disturbing.

The VW Westfalia in Malaga fits my theory that CB could and would have likely gone to the Dragon Fest in Orgiva March 2007 with MT or at least met him there for the festival. It could've just been a stopover break in Malaga, or possibly to pick something up to trade at the DF.

I would suggest the photo is taken Feb/Mar 2007, although there is a possibility it could have been around June before the VW turned up in Foral again. (judging by the clothing of the reflected person its more likely Feb/Mar)

This timeline shows how this would work to fit with the sightings of CB together with the vehicles from DF, MT and AD

DEC 06 - CB/MT released. MT Xmas in Austria.
FEB - MT meets CB in BSJ (VW)
MAR - CB and or ? drive VW to Orgiva - ( VW Malaga?)
APR - CB drives back to Foral in the Motorhome (DF sighting)
-----------MAY 03 2007---------!
MAY - CB drives the Motorhome back to Orgiva (MT sigting)
JUN - CB drives VW back to Foral - (VW Malaga?) (AD sighting)
JUL - CB finds missing 'pregnant' girl in Lagos
JUL/AUG? - Pregnant girl goes awol again. CB disappears from Foral shortly after.

This timeline suggests the motorhome originally came from Orgiva. The motorhome could have of course come from a much closer source in Borrocal. Somehow it turned up in CB's life between MT meeting him in BSJ in Feb and DF meeting CB in Foral "in the months before" MM went missing. That is a very small window of time to get yourself a motorhome, especially when you've just got out of prison and have lost everything and living in a campervan.

I know this goes against some of MT's statement, but OK! MT also mentioned that CB headed to Germany after Orgiva, so either CB went to Germany and back to Foral before June, or CB didn't tell MT the truth about where he was going, or that MT was not telling the truth.

How did MT get to Austria and then back to Portugal and then to onto Orgiva. What vehicle was he using?

Worthy to note that only DF, MT (and his mate pop) and also AB* have ever seen CB with the motorhome.
*AB does say a caravan, he also mentions that CB used to hitch it to his Jag (I know, I know :)) and drive north, maybe something lost in translation somewhere. Although possible, dragging a Jag behind a 30ft motorhome does seems a bit far fetched to me.

Anyway that's the short version :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members