Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but I think it's more likely the Allegro motorhome was picked up somewhere in Germany. In the piece by DF he says the vehicle had Hannover licence plates on it when he saw it. Due to the way licence plates are used and registered in Germany, it means either the previous owner was a resident of Hannover, or CB had it registered under some Hannover address when he bought it. Later pictures seen of the vehicle show it with Augsburg plates, most likely re-registered when he moved back to that area. Although, saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if he picked it up with through his German pal BP either.

I personally don't think CB went to the Dragon festival in the March IMO. I don't see why MT wouldn't have just said so if he had. He implies he left CB back in Portugal and didn't see him again until late May/early June.

Iv'e had reservations about the motorhome ever since DF introduced it to the story. I probably will until I actually see that it is the vehicle that was confiscated in Nuewegersleben, and not a just a 'dingy caravan' as it once was described there. Could it actually be a caravan that CB 'hitched' the Jag to according to AB and not a motorhome.?

Is there any proof that the media images of the motorhome with the license plate are of the actual confiscated vehicle from Neuwgersleben? If it is the same vehicle then LE could easily trace the previous owner and find out exactly when CB bought it.

I’m not so sure about this. It’s often parents who insist on using a child’s full name, but most people around them use a shortened version, including the child. Many of the witness statements taken at the time of her disappearance call her Maddie, taken too early to be influenced by media reporting, which makes me think that although KM preferred her full name it wasn’t always used. It’s therefore possible she did refer to herself as Maddie rather than Madeline IMO

It could be just KM’s preference, but according to her book:

Madeleine would be the first person to correct anyone who makes the mistake of shortening her name. ‘I’m not Maddie, I’m Madeleine!’ And quite right, too. It’s often done inadvertently, or in a good-natured attempt to sound more familiar and friendly, but the press know what her name is and yet to this day they insist on calling her Maddie or Maddy.​

Iv'e had reservations about the motorhome ever since DF introduced it to the story. I probably will until I actually see that it is the vehicle that was confiscated in Nuewegersleben, and not a just a 'dingy caravan' as it once was described there. Could it actually be a caravan that CB 'hitched' the Jag to according to AB and not a motorhome.?

Is there any proof that the media images of the motorhome with the license plate are of the actual confiscated vehicle from Neuwgersleben? If it is the same vehicle then LE could easily trace the previous owner and find out exactly when CB bought it.
I have wondered whether the motorhome DF described was the same as the one MT saw too. The fact he said he saw it a few months before MM went missing is odd. The vehicle was not included in the appeal alongside the VW and Jag, you'd think it would have been if that was the case?

German LE have already got the vehicle in their posession and I'm sure they know exactly where it came from prior to CB.

Last edited:
that was my story!!. i wonder if its the same place?

It might be! It starts with an R...

just to address the few recent comments about the forum getting tied up in conspiracy theories.

i know i'd like to be able to view the forum in some sort of filter that focuses on the known facts, and is essentially (as mendel put it, a newsfeed), a timeline.

It's really not practical as these forums are supposed to be largely automated. Some times people post timelines and such but they get out dated pretty quickly during an ongoing case and often dont get updated.

It would be good if perhaps an article posted or linked could be somehow tagged and those tagged form a kind of chronological sticky for released information.

I’m thinking perhaps a Google doc with the timeline and links to key supporting info (such as statements and such) might work. I already have something of a timeline worked up, but it’s not comprehensive and not ready for prime time.

It might be! It starts with an R...

I’m thinking perhaps a Google doc with the timeline and links to key supporting info (such as statements and such) might work. I already have something of a timeline worked up, but it’s not comprehensive and not ready for prime time.

Sleuth d very kindly has done a timeline already - check his posts and you’ll find them.

I have wondered whether the motorhome DF described was the same as the one MT saw too. The fact he said he saw it a few months before MM went missing is odd. The vehicle was not included in the appeal alongside the VW and Jag, you'd think it would have been if that was the case?

German LE have already got the vehicle in their posession and I'm sure they know exactly where it came from prior to CB.

Exactly, at the moment its only DF, MT and the media blowing their horns about the motorhome.

Exactly, at the moment its only DF, MT and the media blowing their horns about the motorhome.

DF said the motorhome he saw with C.B. was cream-coloured. IMO the one that has been in the media isn't really of that kind of colour. But who knows?

Some people see some kind of blue as a green and otherwise.

Got News. Highest german court ruled out, that court in Braunschweig has to decide over C.B.'s appeal to get the rest of his actual penalty on parole.

IMO good decision, because the court in Braunschweig is closer to the actual investigation and their lawyers of the state. He will stay in until at least 2021. I'm pretty sure about that.

Tötete Christian B. Maddie? Landgericht Braunschweig entscheidet über Freilassung

Got News. Highest german court ruled out, that court in Braunschweig has to decide over C.B.'s appeal to get the rest of his actual penalty on parole.

IMO good decision, because the court in Braunschweig is closer to the actual investigation and their lawyers of the state. He will stay in until at least 2021. I'm pretty sure about that.

Tötete Christian B. Maddie? Landgericht Braunschweig entscheidet über Freilassung
any news on the european court decision yet? cause i'm sure they are higher than german courts right? i remember reading something (non maddie related) that the european court can overrule the german court and some ppl had the hump over it

any news on the european court decision yet? cause i'm sure they are higher than german courts right? i remember reading something (non maddie related) that the european court can overrule the german court and some ppl had the hump over it

The decision of the european court shall be at the August the 6th, but has nothing to do with the parole board for the actual sentence, he is convicted for in the town of Kiel.

The european court will decide, wether the sentence for the rape is valid, due to the arrestment that has been made in italy, but after a warrant for another crime, than the rape.

Last edited:
Smell a rat on that FB pic with Dog as prof pic. Only 10 freinds added. 4 of them profiles seem fake. Especially the pussycat one. Her and CB share the same freind. A musician from Hannover. CS. This freind was also in Verona ,Italy when CB was caught in Rome on 29th Sep 2018. When police stung him. Something spooky about that FB content..

The VW Westfalia in Malaga fits my theory that CB could and would have likely gone to the Dragon Fest in Orgiva March 2007 with MT or at least met him there for the festival. It could've just been a stopover break in Malaga, or possibly to pick something up to trade at the DF.

I would suggest the photo is taken Feb/Mar 2007, although there is a possibility it could have been around June before the VW turned up in Foral again. (judging by the clothing of the reflected person its more likely Feb/Mar)

This timeline shows how this would work to fit with the sightings of CB together with the vehicles from DF, MT and AD

DEC 06 - CB/MT released. MT Xmas in Austria.
FEB - MT meets CB in BSJ (VW)
MAR - CB and or ? drive VW to Orgiva - ( VW Malaga?)
APR - CB drives back to Foral in the Motorhome (DF sighting)
-----------MAY 03 2007---------!
MAY - CB drives the Motorhome back to Orgiva (MT sigting)
JUN - CB drives VW back to Foral - (VW Malaga?) (AD sighting)
JUL - CB finds missing 'pregnant' girl in Lagos
JUL/AUG? - Pregnant girl goes awol again. CB disappears from Foral shortly after.

This timeline suggests the motorhome originally came from Orgiva. The motorhome could have of course come from a much closer source in Borrocal. Somehow it turned up in CB's life between MT meeting him in BSJ in Feb and DF meeting CB in Foral "in the months before" MM went missing. That is a very small window of time to get yourself a motorhome, especially when you've just got out of prison and have lost everything and living in a campervan.

I know this goes against some of MT's statement, but OK! MT also mentioned that CB headed to Germany after Orgiva, so either CB went to Germany and back to Foral before June, or CB didn't tell MT the truth about where he was going, or that MT was not telling the truth.

How did MT get to Austria and then back to Portugal and then to onto Orgiva. What vehicle was he using?

Worthy to note that only DF, MT (and his mate pop) and also AB* have ever seen CB with the motorhome.
*AB does say a caravan, he also mentions that CB used to hitch it to his Jag (I know, I know :)) and drive north, maybe something lost in translation somewhere. Although possible, dragging a Jag behind a 30ft motorhome does seems a bit far fetched to me.

Anyway that's the short version :)

Hi Shark; Why do you say that the pregnant girl ran off twice? Do you have a link to that info?
The pregnant girl ran off in Sept 2008 (not in 2007). She went missing on the 16th and came back on the 27th 2008.
She was found in Algoz (not in Lagos).
When she turned 18 (Jan 2010) she left for good to live with her boyfriend.

Last edited:
Pls advise: where is this photo from? Is this supposed to be CB's blue Bedford?

It might be, its at the Orgiva Dragon Festival in March 2006.

CB/MT purchased the Bedford in Monchique only weeks before they were arrested for the fuel theft in April. If I remember correctly the paperwork at the time of their arrests was still in the Portuguese owners name.

My guess is they bought the Bedford to travel to the festival in March, (if you are buying/selling then you don't miss this festival) went back to Portugal in April and got promptly busted. The Bedford likely sat at the scrapyard while they we scrubbing each others backs inside. Once released the Bedford stays at the yard and CB acquires the VW Camper. (There were actually no sightings of the VW at the PDL farmhouse and this explains why)

Of course, it might not even be that van.

It might be, its at the Orgiva Dragon Festival in March 2006.

CB/MT purchased the Bedford in Monchique only weeks before they were arrested for the fuel theft in April. If I remember correctly the paperwork at the time of their arrests was still in the Portuguese owners name.

My guess is they bought the Bedford to travel to the festival in March, (if you are buying/selling then you don't miss this festival) went back to Portugal in April and got promptly busted. The Bedford likely sat at the scrapyard while they we scrubbing each others backs inside. Once released the Bedford stays at the yard and CB acquires the VW Camper. (There were actually no sightings of the VW at the PDL farmhouse and this explains why)

Of course, it might not even be that van.

I read some where in his early days. He made a point of staying away from Hippy types ,? This festival not a hippy festival ?

I read some where in his early days. He made a point of staying away from Hippy types ,? This festival not a hippy festival ?

He also didn’t like crowds, preferred to go to quieter beaches more like the Monster one which someone said earlier was quieter and more for locals. This was from the ex girlfriend who’s bed he hid under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee